The *NEW* Coronado Springs FAQ Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
:bounce: :bounce: We are leaving in 48 hours and we can't wait. :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc We are looking so forward to once again staying at CSR. We have stayed there many times... and it IS our favorite place to stay. We are a family with adult children and enjoy all that CSR has to offer. We can't wait to have our breakfast in the Pepper Market....to stroll around the resort....to shop in Panchito's :wave2:

I wish I was back there now! I highly recommend renting bikes and riding around with your camera. You can get some GREAT pictures! Make sure you take the nature trail and look for the Hidden Mickey!

47b3cf22b3127cce8108473297ab0000002610

We found this oasis in the Ranchos Village.

47b3cf22b3127cce810832ad56a60000001610

El Centro at night.

47b3cf22b3127cce81098debb75b0000001610

The Casitas on a beautiful day!

Have a GREAT trip!!! :wave2:

D4D

just logging on so i can get tidbits before our stay here next year .. Michelle

This is probably somewhere on this thread, but thought I could ask the question & bump the thread at the same time. :rolleyes:

How easy is it to get from CSR to other resorts (say for dinner reservations?) I don't know if I should just plan on park dinners, or if we should try & visit some resort restaurants.

It depends where you are going. If you don't have a rental car, I always find it easiest to go to a park and catch a bus back to the resort I want to go. If you are going to the Beach Club you can take the bus to MGM and take the boat to the Beach Club. Just make sure you leave yourself enough time to do it.

Ok, not sure if you all would want this but I wrote a little database for us Wilderness Lodgers to know who's going and when.

I decided that it would be something great for all of us dis'rs so I added ALL of the hotels to the main database.

So read below then go enter your stay dates into the database so YOU TOO can see "Who's Going"!!

Thanks.

Fred

=======================================

I created a database system that will allow you to enter the dates you are going and search to see who else will be there when you are going!! I call it, "Who's Going".

There are 3 main pages.

1) The main search page. You can search based on a number of criteria but you don't need to use ALL of them. For example, if you wanted to see who is going in January of 2004 you would select January as the month and 2004 as the year.

2) The ADD records page. This is obviously where you would add your stay information. Take note of the password you use as you can use it later to edit or remove your record.

3) The EDIT record page. This is where you can return to change your dates OR delete your entry if need be. Make sure you use the password you entered on the add record page.

I think this will be fun.

http://www.majesticnetworks.net/whoisgoing.html

Hi!! We stayed in Ranchos 7b during our 2002 trip and loved it. However, we didn't use the main pool so this trip we were thinking of staying in the Casitas because it is closer to El Centro. For some reason, the Cabanas don't appeal to us. We will be on our honeymoon in May 2004.
How would one compare the different buildings in the Casitas section? Which buildings are better, closer to el centro, closer to a bus stop, etc. We really didn't notice the way the buildings were set up in the Casitas during our last trip. I guess we didn't know we would be staying at CSR again 2 years later!
Thank you!!!
:bride: :groom:

I am a big fan of CSR and both times that I stayed there I was in the Casitas. My DH and I requested a king bed and I think the Casitas is the only place with them (that's my guess).

You should check out Buzz2001's website for the most accurate information, but we were in Casitas 3 (?) last time (room 3456) and we were smack between El Centro, bus stop number 2, and the quiet pool. We were pretty far from the Dig site (it seemed like it anyway). Casitas 5 is closer to the Dig site and farther from El Centro.

I don't think I'm helping much! I can say this for sure, the Casitas are beautiful! There are lots of beautiful courtyards and fountains everywhere!

47b3cf22b3127cce81098debb75b0000001610

The beautiful Casitas

47b3cf22b3127cce81083610d7290000001610

The courtyard outside room 3456 at night.

I just hope you love it - where ever you are!

D4D

casitas 1 and 3 are closest to El Centro. 2 is situated behind them. You can check the map on my website

Great thread! We were trying to decided between CSR and CBR for a trip in June of 2004. Thanks to this thread, and Buzz2001 and epcotfan's fantastic websites, we are sold on CSR.

Originally posted by Grog
Great thread! We were trying to decided between CSR and CBR for a trip in June of 2004. Thanks to this thread, and Buzz2001 and epcotfan's fantastic websites, we are sold on CSR.
I second that!!! We are leaving next week & I can't wait!! :hyper:
BTW - I visited aother resort FAQ thread & it was more of an on-going chat than a resort FAQ. I could not find any info on the resort! :confused: This is an AWESOME thread with GREAT people on it! Three cheers to Tink, Epcotfan & Buzz, along with everyone else!!! :bounce: :Pinkbounc :jumping3:

Just received a letter from Disney that the Dig Site will be closed from December 15 to December 19th, 2003. The 3 remains pools will stay open.

I have read through most of the pages and I have a question. I know I want to stay in the Casitas, we have already paid for a water view room. Which building has great views? Being near the bus stop or the food is not a priority. This is a relaxing Christmas vacation. Any suggestions?

Originally posted by sm4987
I have read through most of the pages and I have a question. I know I want to stay in the Casitas, we have already paid for a water view room. Which building has great views? Being near the bus stop or the food is not a priority. This is a relaxing Christmas vacation. Any suggestions?
We were in Building five- but I forget which room number. We had an wonderful view of the water and a hammock right outside our door! :sunny:

Originally posted by Buzz2001
Just received a letter from Disney that the Dig Site will be closed from December 15 to December 19th, 2003. The 3 remains pools will stay open.
One of the big reasons I chose CSR was because of the Dig Site. Well, at least it will be open the first half of our stay. :rolleyes:
Did it say if it's the whole Dig Site (including hot tub), or just the big pool/water slide? I really want that hot tub. :tongue:

casita 4 had great waterviews as well as a fountain in the courtyard.

Originally posted by sm4987 I have read through most of the pages and I have a question. I know I want to stay in the Casitas, we have already paid for a water view room. Which building has great views? Being near the bus stop or the food is not a priority. This is a relaxing Christmas vacation. Any suggestions?

I would recommend Casita 5. I took some pictures from the 4th floor and it had a great view of the lake and Dig site. I gotta run now but I'll try to post the pics later.

Hi again! I know I posted at the beginning of September that I had just returned from CSR and that while I had a nice time, it wasn't going to be my resort. I also said that on my next trip I would be staying somewhere else, in search of "my" resort.

Well, my Travel Agent called this morning and told me she could save me over $700 :hyper: with the AP rate if I was willing to switch from CBR to CSR. So, it looks like I'm heading back. So, I'm going to give CSR a second chance and hope for the best!

I'm sure my family and I will have a few questions in the next few weeks before our trip. I'll post some of them in the morning with a reintroduction!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter