• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The *NEW* Coronado Springs FAQ Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those big ones must be so heavy when full! I could hardly carry our two regular ones. I wish I hadn't let my DH leave them behind :sad:

Google Earth does a nice job. You can zoom in on the resort and there is not frame hopping needed.

Just got the disney planning video. That, combined with all the great reviews and we've decided to switch our plans from 3 days at BC and AKL to 3 days at CSR and AKL. My question....since so many people suggest requesting the same rooms/location, what are the odds of having a request honored? If everyone asks for building 9 for example...doesn't it get snapped up quickly?

Mary L said:
Just got the disney planning video. That, combined with all the great reviews and we've decided to switch our plans from 3 days at BC and AKL to 3 days at CSR and AKL. My question....since so many people suggest requesting the same rooms/location, what are the odds of having a request honored? If everyone asks for building 9 for example...doesn't it get snapped up quickly?
Everyone on the DIS is a same sampling of all the guests that actually visit CSR. Plus the fact that everyone visits at different times, it is not impossible to get your dates. I've been granted cabanas 7 out of 8 trips to CSR.

Can someone tell me what you can put in the mugs at CS? Last year at CBR they had apple juice and it was great for the kids. I know they didn't have that last time I was at CSR but that was 5 years ago! TIA :thumbsup2

As far as I am aware, only iced tea, hot tea, soda and coffee but I've only gotten soda and coffee myself.

Wow! just in the last hour I've thought we should stay here. And this thread is 131 pages long! Is there a synopsis? I'm trying to find out the more preferred buildings, and distance to Animal Kingdom and MK.

Thanks

The Newer Version

CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT QUICK INFO

PEPPER MARKET FOOD PHOTOS

JUST BACK THREADS

wb6r04.jpg

Here are some good room choices...

Cabana 9b is close to bus stop 1 and the main building with a short walk to the Dig Site (main pool) over the wooden bridge. Most convenient location and most preferred.

Cabana 8a is close to the Dig Site (and playground) and bus stop 4 with a short walk to the main building. (Closest to the Pool)

Cabana 8b and 9a are in between the 2 above. 9a has a quiet pool and is also a smoking optional building.

Ranchos 7b has a quiet pool, is close to the Dig Site and bus stop 4 with a bit longer walk to the main building. 7b is behind cabana 8a.

Casita 3 has great courtyard and fountain views but you will have to walk or ride the internal shuttle to get to the pool.

Casita 5 has some nice fountain and lake views and is close to the Dig Site but farther from the main building.

We are so excited about our spring break stay at CSR April 8-16. I have reserved room with a king bed. We won't be checking in until late on our arrival date - possibly midnight or later. I was wanting to request the Cabanas but I figured that getting there so late we might just have to take whatever is left. So I guess my question is - should I even bother to make a request or just see what happens when we check in?

Hi, you just came back from CSR?? How was your trip? Were the rooms clean? Are the beds OK? Does the AC run when you are gone? Overall a great, good or OK experience??

We just returned and I have to tell you we are complete converts to CSR now!! :love: Absolutely had a great experience and will never return to any other moderate ever again.

We were in Cabanas 8b - short walk to food and fun at pool. Never had trouble with bussing even though we were there during busiest weekend (president's day weekend). LOVED the restaurant, got our hair cuts at the salon and highly recommend Tara there, played air hockey in main arcade, played ping pong in pool arcade, got nachos at pool stand, and really enjoyed our room. My girls who weren't ready to sleep when mom and baby were, just pulled the curtain across the sink area and played in there while we went to sleep. It was terrific!

Enjoy everyone and I can't wait to get back!:cool1:

Hi, you just came back from CSR?? How was your trip? Were the rooms clean? Are the beds OK? Does the AC run when you are gone? Overall a great, good or OK experience??
The AC does not run. It is motion sensored. Use this to override the program.

On the thermostat, push the power button and the down arrow (button that adjusts the temp) at the exact same time. If you do this correctly, you will see the letters "bp" where the temp normally shows. You are now bypassing the sensors in the room. You can then set the temp to whatever you want and it keeps the room that cold whether you are in it or not. The maintenance man said that you might have to do this once a day as the thermostat tends to go back to sensor mode after 24 hours. We found that it stayed on bypass for a couple of days at a time. It was great to come back to a cold room or not wake up in the middle of the night in a sweat again. The CM that did this for us said it was not a problem doing this as they do it for people all the time.

jeanylaser- you're gonna love this resort! It's beautiful! My family and I loved it and can't wait to go back one day. Have a wonderful time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter