• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The new convert's first ever PTR to DCL Alaska Cruise (8/16/11 - 8/23/11)

Derek, is Jordan moving to KY...or just going back for a few months and then going home to CA? I'm slightly confused. Either way...I'm excited for him...he's done so well...and I know that he will continue to do well and thrive now. :)

Glad Jordan got a visit home with all of you! How was the game? Or is it this Saturday? T-Ball is so fun. Just dropping by to see how everything is going. Cherie (blue) praying for your hubby's job. Life is crazy these days for sure.

Cherie (Winkers) glad you had such a great time at DL. We'd love to see you at Liesa's, but we understand - it's not a very convenient drive for sure!:goodvibes

Thought I'd post a quick photo of Jordan while he's here in our homestead. I'll see if I can cajole him to get online (without trying to tempt him too far) :confused3
DSC_0018-4.jpg

So good to see him!!! Jordan, you look great--you look sincerely happy, your whole face is glowing along with that smile!

And I too like the hoodie. :goodvibes

Prayers for his trip across country - which might even be done by now? :confused3 Anyway, prayers being said for him!

Cherie (blue) praying for your hubby's job. Life is crazy these days for sure.

Thank you so much for the prayers!:hug: You are right...Life is crazy, but God is good! I know he will see us through all of this. :littleangel:

Well, Jordan's plans have changed somewhat and rather than fly back to KY on Wednesday, he's decided to drive back, leaving on Sunday. As such, his time in CA has been short but hopefully he'll be back in May after he attends a ceremony he wants to participate in. So we ask for continued prayers for him as he continues to transition from his former life at PureLife to an independent life in the real world (He will continue to work for Target in KY).

Oh wow, so he DID end up driving! That's one heck of a drive. :car:
Maybe we will get to see him sometime this summer if he drives back to Cali then. popcorn::

Sorry everyone for neglecting my own PTR. Seems like life is continually busy with church, kids sports, work, my University of Chicago leadership, family life, etc. But I do spending time with my "extended family".

Here's a brief update on Jordan. I haven't talked to him since he arrived back in Kentucky on Wednesday but I believe he's posting to his own TR.

Derek, is Jordan moving to KY...or just going back for a few months and then going home to CA? I'm slightly confused. Either way...I'm excited for him...he's done so well...and I know that he will continue to do well and thrive now. :)
Jordan is moving back to KY until he finishes his job with Target in May (?). He had a conference that he wanted to attend and then the future is open. I know he wants to transition slowly from PureLife back into the real world but at least he now has his own mode of transport. He may need to sell his Toyota 4Runner (it's in great shape) due to the high gas prices but time will tell.

Yes, Seanaci, he has done so well, we are so proud of him now. Thanks for your continued support of him.

Glad Jordan got a visit home with all of you! How was the game? Or is it this Saturday? T-Ball is so fun. Just dropping by to see how everything is going. Cherie (blue) praying for your hubby's job. Life is crazy these days for sure.

Cherie (Winkers) glad you had such a great time at DL. We'd love to see you at Liesa's, but we understand - it's not a very convenient drive for sure!:goodvibes
Tammie, thanks for checking in. Jordan's visit was cut short and he didn't make it to Dylan's first T-ball game but hopefully there will be many seasons ahead :thumbsup2. We had a blast with Cherie and Djay and family. We hope to see them again sometime.

So good to see him!!! Jordan, you look great--you look sincerely happy, your whole face is glowing along with that smile!

And I too like the hoodie. :goodvibes

Prayers for his trip across country - which might even be done by now? :confused3 Anyway, prayers being said for him!
Thanks Brooke for your prayers for Jordan. Yes, he had a short chance to reconnect with friends and family. I think he's torn between being back in LA and finding the same temptations and challenges as he left and starting something new. Only time and God knows his path. Thanks for keeping in your prayers.:love:

Thank you so much for the prayers!:hug: You are right...Life is crazy, but God is good! I know he will see us through all of this. :littleangel:

Oh wow, so he DID end up driving! That's one heck of a drive. :car:
Maybe we will get to see him sometime this summer if he drives back to Cali then. popcorn::
Thanks Cherie. You are always in my prayers. Yes, Jordan made the trip (I believe solo). We were texting back and fort (in short bursts) along the way. One thing he loves to do is to drive, especially in his beloved 4Runner.:car:

It's ok Derek. Life happens!!

Jordan has a new TR? Mind providing a link?
Yuki, I was referring to his old TR at http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2444073&page=208. I may be wrong, but I thought I saw a post or two from him. Also, if you're on Facebook, it's easier to get in contact with him that way because he has a new iPhone with the Facebook app and he doesn't always have access to his computer to access the DIS.

Apologies to the faithful who check on this PTR. Given that our trip is nearing in August, you would think we'd be waiting in anticipation for the trip and planning every detail but the reality is that Wendy and I have had few moments of rest (and extra cash) to dwell on our trip plans. However, we did reach an important milestone this month with. Making our final payment for our Alaskan cruise in August :banana: Now we have to save up for our shore excursions :headache:

Life has "been a whole box of chocolates" (reference to Forrest Gump) with our weekends filled with Dylan's t-ball games, Erin's Brownie troop activities, Dylan's Indian Guide events and camping trips, Erin's piano lessons/recitals and GEMS (church girl's club) activities, Derek's University of Chicago events, various church activities, and other stuff. I'm just thankful that our youngest DD, Ashlyn, doesn't have any activities yet :rotfl:

Apologies to the faithful who check on this PTR. Given that our trip is nearing in August, you would think we'd be waiting in anticipation for the trip and planning every detail but the reality is that Wendy and I have had few moments of rest (and extra cash) to dwell on our trip plans. However, we did reach an important milestone this month with. Making our final payment for our Alaskan cruise in August :banana: Now we have to save up for our shore excursions :headache:

Life has "been a whole box of chocolates" (reference to Forrest Gump) with our weekends filled with Dylan's t-ball games, Erin's Brownie troop activities, Dylan's Indian Guide events and camping trips, Erin's piano lessons/recitals and GEMS (church girl's club) activities, Derek's University of Chicago events, various church activities, and other stuff. I'm just thankful that our youngest DD, Ashlyn, doesn't have any activities yet :rotfl:

I thought Ashlyn had activities :confused3. You know, like "remodeling" TVA and other basic demolition.... :rolleyes1. :rotfl:

I like chocolate! :thumbsup2

I was just thinking the same thing about Ashyln when I saw all your activities. Life will fly by with that much stuff going on - don't forget to take time to just "be" a family! I guess the cruise is a good way to do that!

We leave in 11 days! Spending Easter with Jim's family there in Orange. Sailing out of San Pedro on the 27th - our arrival time is supposed to be 11:30 - 12:00. Not exactly sure what will happen, as we are catching a ride. We're thinking with the new boarding procedures, we will take our time and probably try to take them out for breakfast at Tom's (our usual morning ritual at some point during our stay) before heading to the ship. Don't forget to check out my TR when I get back - we'll try to take good care of Wonder for you!:woohoo:

And those shore excursions can really add up! :scared1: Which ones are you guys looking to do?

Despite all the busyness, it sounds like you guys are doing great!

Hi Derek and Congrats on paying for the cruise !!! Any word on Jordan ???
Sorry for the delay (like 3 months) since responding Rosie. I saw Jordan recently when he was visiting in LA with his friend Glenn and he is doing fine. He will be returning to Kentucky on Friday and he seems to be doing well in Kentucky.

I was just thinking the same thing about Ashyln when I saw all your activities. Life will fly by with that much stuff going on - don't forget to take time to just "be" a family! I guess the cruise is a good way to do that!

We leave in 11 days! Spending Easter with Jim's family there in Orange. Sailing out of San Pedro on the 27th - our arrival time is supposed to be 11:30 - 12:00. Not exactly sure what will happen, as we are catching a ride. We're thinking with the new boarding procedures, we will take our time and probably try to take them out for breakfast at Tom's (our usual morning ritual at some point during our stay) before heading to the ship. Don't forget to check out my TR when I get back - we'll try to take good care of Wonder for you!:woohoo:
Tammie, thanks for taking care of the Wonder for us. I am counting down the days (now that we're under the triple digits. Only a couple of months to go!). I'll have to read up on your travels!

And those shore excursions can really add up! :scared1: Which ones are you guys looking to do?

Thanks Brooke, we secured our shore excursions I'll have to give a full report soon. Mostly doing the family friendly stuff since Ashlyn is too young for some of the stuff for the older kids.

Hi Derek and Congrats on paying for the cruise !!! Any word on Jordan ???
Sorry for the delay (like 3 months) since responding Rosie. I saw Jordan recently when he was visiting in LA with his friend Glenn and he is doing fine. He will be returning to Kentucky on Friday and he seems to be doing well in Kentucky.

Tammie, thanks for taking care of the Wonder for us. I am counting down the days (now that we're under the triple digits. Only a couple of months to go!). I'll have to read up on your travels!

Thanks Brooke, we secured our shore excursions I'll have to give a full report soon. Mostly doing the family friendly stuff since Ashlyn is too young for some of the stuff for the older kids.

Sorry folks for the long delay. With 3 kids, their activities (Indian Guides and Indian Princesses campouts), serving at church (in the nursery, leading a bible study and serving on the photography team), being the VP of Programming (event planning) with my University of Chicago Alumni Club, and now being nominated to our church's Children's Ministry Commission (deacon), I'm already exhausted but have crawled out from the rock under which I live.

And now we have full weekends with family events for the month of June including campouts, Family Life Marriage conferences, my business trip to Boston for an Energy Efficiency Conference, and then a trip to New Jersey for Wendy's college friend's wedding.

But fortunately, our Alaskan cruise is little more than 60 days away and counting! Here's our itinerary:

7-Night Alaskan Cruise on Disney Wonder- Itinerary B

August 13 to August 20
Disney Wonder

Day Port
1 Seattle, Washington (4:00 p.m.)
2 At Sea
3 Tracy Arm, Alaska (Cruising)
4 Skagway, Alaska (7:15 a.m. 7:30 p.m.)
5 Juneau, Alaska (7:45 a.m. 12:30 p.m.)
6 Ketchikan, Alaska (7:15 a.m. 12:30 p.m.)
7 Victoria, Canada (7:30 p.m. 10:30 p.m.)
8 Seattle, Washington (9:00 a.m.)

And our shore excursions:

1. Skagway: White Pass Scenic Railway Featuring Exclusive Youth Activity AND Glacier Discovery by Helicopter (for Wendy and myself...hopefully we'll survive)
2. Juneau: Deluxe Tour of Juneau
3. Ketchikan: Saxman Native Village & Exclusive Lumberjack Show

About 60 days left and counting!!! I can hardly wait :yay: :dance3:

Welcome back Derek! It must be very busy for a dad of 3 young kids that are so energetic! And to also be nominated to be a deacon! Congrats on that.

Less than 60 days away??? Wow, it's really coming up fast!

That Glacier helicopter ride looks SO INTERESTING. I can't wait to hear of your experience. I've been on the glaciers on my trip to BC and it was stunning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter