• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The new convert's first ever PTR to DCL Alaska Cruise (8/16/11 - 8/23/11)

Derek, as a "non-flyer" I must say that was the coolest map I've ever seen!!!! Too cool. (Hi Jordan!!!!!)

Sorry to hear about Ashlyn's teeth! I swear that apple juice is evil. Our pediatrician told me when DS was around 1 that we should not give him apple juice. He said a lot of people believe in it being good for you but there is just too much sugar. He put it to me like this..."If he makes it to college without ever having a drop of apple juice, it wouldn't be a bad thing. Give him apples instead." We stuck with that and now I'm glad because trust me you guys are not the only ones this has happened to. We've got 2 other sets of friends that are having the apple juice problem.

Also sorry that your cruise is being affected! You know....we canceled our cruise for June last week. We are not sure what is happening right now with DH's company. The CEO's are looking to sell off certain divisions and after 21 years this is the first time we've EVER had to be nervous. We canceled it just to be on the safe side. I was able to get all the money we put into it back plus the deposit so that's good! We will re-book once we figure out what's going on. So....excursions or no excursions, be glad you are still going! :thumbsup2 You just never know when things might change. We've been so blessed all of these years with his job. I feel confident that God will carry us through this and lead the way. :goodvibes

Can't wait to hear from The PEEP himself !!!!!!Hi Jodan !!!!!!!
As usual, Jordan is out and about catching up with old friends but is calling our homestead his temporary home away from home. When we can get him cornered, I'll try to take some pics to post of his glorious return :worship:

Derek, as a "non-flyer" I must say that was the coolest map I've ever seen!!!! Too cool. (Hi Jordan!!!!!)
Thanks. I was using FlightAware (see http://flightaware.com/live/) which shows real time flight info but there used to be websites with even cooler graphics, e.g., thetrip.com which went out of business which had 3D flight tracking. I used thetrip.com Wendy's flight land with that one.

Sorry to hear about Ashlyn's teeth! I swear that apple juice is evil. Our pediatrician told me when DS was around 1 that we should not give him apple juice. He said a lot of people believe in it being good for you but there is just too much sugar. He put it to me like this..."If he makes it to college without ever having a drop of apple juice, it wouldn't be a bad thing. Give him apples instead." We stuck with that and now I'm glad because trust me you guys are not the only ones this has happened to. We've got 2 other sets of friends that are having the apple juice problem.
Yeah, my mom keeps telling us that she regretted giving me apple juice when I was a kid because it ruined my teeth and now we're repeating the trend (although in our defense, we didn't have any problems with Erin or Dylan). Seems like if we could replace water with juice, V8, gatorade, and all the kids favorite drinks, I could be a less poorer dad:lmao:

Also sorry that your cruise is being affected! You know....we canceled our cruise for June last week. We are not sure what is happening right now with DH's company. The CEO's are looking to sell off certain divisions and after 21 years this is the first time we've EVER had to be nervous. We canceled it just to be on the safe side. I was able to get all the money we put into it back plus the deposit so that's good! We will re-book once we figure out what's going on. So....excursions or no excursions, be glad you are still going! :thumbsup2 You just never know when things might change. We've been so blessed all of these years with his job. I feel confident that God will carry us through this and lead the way. :goodvibes
Sorry to hear about DH's company. We'll keep you all in prayer. Seems like no one is safe these days, even me who works for a utility. I'm glad to hear that you were able to get your money back. Seems like the prudent thing to do. I'm not complaining (too much) about being able to go on a cruise....I'm just commenting that we still have a lot of expenses to pay for in addition to the rest of our cruise payments (e.g., airline tickets, shore excursions, shopping, etc.).

Can't wait to have Jordy back with us!
Thanks Yuki, the weary traveller is back. We'll see if he can get on in the next few days, although he's trying to moderate his internet use as he transitions back to a normal life.:rotfl:

Thanks for the prayers! They are truly appreciated. :goodvibes

I know what you mean about the cruise expenses adding up! That's one reason we decided to cancel. We would have spent waaaay more this time than our cruise in 2009. I think it will be better to give the Dream a year or 2 and maybe it won't be so maxed out. We had to book a more expensive room than last time because it was filling up so fast. That started it out, plus we were going to do Universal 2 days before, plus excursions, plus souveniers, plus any "drink of the days" that add up pretty quickly. :eek: Yeesh!! When I added it all up together that's when I suggested we cancel and rebook after we figure out what's going to happen...or not happen.

Thanks for the prayers! They are truly appreciated. :goodvibes

I know what you mean about the cruise expenses adding up! That's one reason we decided to cancel. We would have spent waaaay more this time than our cruise in 2009. I think it will be better to give the Dream a year or 2 and maybe it won't be so maxed out. We had to book a more expensive room than last time because it was filling up so fast. That started it out, plus we were going to do Universal 2 days before, plus excursions, plus souveniers, plus any "drink of the days" that add up pretty quickly. :eek: Yeesh!! When I added it all up together that's when I suggested we cancel and rebook after we figure out what's going to happen...or not happen.
You could always fly out west and stay with friends if you want to vacation on the cheap :laughing: although as DJay and Cherie can tell you, we won't be much good company (especially with out APs) :sad2:

Thought I'd post a quick photo of Jordan while he's here in our homestead. I'll see if I can cajole him to get online (without trying to tempt him too far) :confused3
DSC_0018-4.jpg

You could always fly out west and stay with friends if you want to vacation on the cheap :laughing: although as DJay and Cherie can tell you, we won't be much good company (especially with out APs) :sad2:

Oh how I wish we could do that!! I've wanted to visit California for so long. And I doubt DJay & Cherie would say that you guys weren't good company! I saw the pictures....you guys looked like you had a great time together. :goodvibes

Thought I'd post a quick photo of Jordan while he's here in our homestead. I'll see if I can cajole him to get online (without trying to tempt him too far) :confused3
DSC_0018-4.jpg

Jordan!!!! He's looking good & happy. Hope he comes online but we all understand if he doesn't quite yet.

Thanks for posting the pic, Derek. Jordan, you look so happy. Welcome home. :grouphug:

Jordan looks so happy and...relaxed. healthier even. Glad to see him. And look forward to "hearing" from him as well.

Not quite yet. Enroute now. almost home!
Screenshot2011-03-06at95508PM.png

I did not look at this picture close enough to realize he connected through CHARLOTTE. I so would have made a trip to the airport to kill time during the layover.

DSC_0018-4.jpg

Love the sweatshirt!!

Thanks everyone (on Jordan's behalf) for his welcome back. Jordan is busy catching up with all of his friends in LA before he returns back to Kentucky on Wed. March 16th :sad2: so thanks for sharing the group love :grouphug: for him.

Jordan's supposed to return back to our home on Saturday to catch DS (Dylan's) first t-ball game, so hopefully I'll get some pictures of him in the wild. Take care everyone!

Welcome back Jordan:grouphug: We missed you!

Hi Jordan!

Welcome back! See ya real soon! :goodvibes

Oh how I wish we could do that!! I've wanted to visit California for so long. And I doubt DJay & Cherie would say that you guys weren't good company! I saw the pictures....you guys looked like you had a great time together. :goodvibes

Jordan!!!! He's looking good & happy. Hope he comes online but we all understand if he doesn't quite yet.

It's so good to see him!!!

Thanks for posting the pic, Derek. Jordan, you look so happy. Welcome home. :grouphug:

Jordan looks so happy and...relaxed. healthier even. Glad to see him. And look forward to "hearing" from him as well.

I did not look at this picture close enough to realize he connected through CHARLOTTE. I so would have made a trip to the airport to kill time during the layover.

Love the sweatshirt!!

Actualy, you were great company!:hug: We loved our day with you and your family! Bailie wants to adopt a couple of your kids!

Hope you were not playing by the ocean today. :fish:

Just checking in.

Actualy, you were great company!:hug: We loved our day with you and your family! Bailie wants to adopt a couple of your kids!
Wait, she wants to adopt only a couple? Which one is she willing to forgo? Let us know when she's out West for baby sitting duty and she can have her pic:rotfl:

Hope you were not playing by the ocean today. :fish: Thanks for thinking of us. Not taking any foolish risks like some young men did in Northern California, seeking photos instead of safety. Hoping for quick return to normalcy for my brethren in Japan (I'm 3rd generation Japanese).

Just checking in.

Welcome back Jordan !!:cloud9:
Thanks for checking in Rosie.

Well, Jordan's plans have changed somewhat and rather than fly back to KY on Wednesday, he's decided to drive back, leaving on Sunday. As such, his time in CA has been short but hopefully he'll be back in May after he attends a ceremony he wants to participate in. So we ask for continued prayers for him as he continues to transition from his former life at PureLife to an independent life in the real world (He will continue to work for Target in KY).

Thanks for thinking of us. Not taking any foolish risks like some young men did in Northern California, seeking photos instead of safety. Hoping for quick return to normalcy for my brethren in Japan (I'm 3rd generation Japanese).

:hug: for all those in Japan and with relatives in Japan for recovery to start and the healing to begin.

Such a massive disaster on so many different levels.

A road trip for Jordan ? I wish him safe travels as he begins the next chapter.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter