Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions-Old Thread-New Thread Link in Post 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Enjoyed a 6 night stay at CBR April 4 - 10. I previously stayed in Jamaica 45 (Jan 2015) and Aruba 56 (Jan 2014) At check-in, I was assigned a ground floor room in Jamaica 45 as requested. I ended up changing to Jamaica 43 to get a courtyard view. I liked this location quite a bit as it backs up to the Jamaica quiet pool. Walk to OPR was just fine. Walk to Jamaica bus stop was fine. Parking was a little tight as a portion of this parking lot is still used for the construction/refurbishment equipment. We used the bus mainly to go to MK to avoid the Ticket & Transportation Center and the waits were quite reasonable. I do not find that this resort is too large or that the buses take a long time as some people make it out to be. My walk from my room at Wilderness Lodge to the bus stop was much further than my walk at CBR. Pool was fantastic for DS 9. He also loved the movies by the pool at night. I have visited WDW 10 times over the last year and a half. I have stayed at CBR, AS Movies, AoA, Pop, Coronado and Wilderness Lodge. I would definitely choose CBR again. In fact, I have reservations for June and Thanksgiving already.

Enjoyed a 6 night stay at CBR April 4 - 10. I previously stayed in Jamaica 45 (Jan 2015) and Aruba 56 (Jan 2014) At check-in, I was assigned a ground floor room in Jamaica 45 as requested. I ended up changing to Jamaica 43 to get a courtyard view. I liked this location quite a bit as it backs up to the Jamaica quiet pool. Walk to OPR was just fine. Walk to Jamaica bus stop was fine. Parking was a little tight as a portion of this parking lot is still used for the construction/refurbishment equipment. We used the bus mainly to go to MK to avoid the Ticket & Transportation Center and the waits were quite reasonable. I do not find that this resort is too large or that the buses take a long time as some people make it out to be. My walk from my room at Wilderness Lodge to the bus stop was much further than my walk at CBR. Pool was fantastic for DS 9. He also loved the movies by the pool at night. I have visited WDW 10 times over the last year and a half. I have stayed at CBR, AS Movies, AoA, Pop, Coronado and Wilderness Lodge. I would definitely choose CBR again. In fact, I have reservations for June and Thanksgiving already.

Thanks for checking in with your thoughts! So glad you enjoyed your stay. After multiple stays at other resorts CBR became our favorite after our first stay.

When will I know what room and building we have.

Our stay is in May and I have done online check in so just wondered at what point we know?

Do we only find out when we get there?

Thanks

You will get your room assignment at check-in.

Thanks so much for the review of the resort! So, they haven't moved the construction equipment out yet? Maybe they are going to do some maintenance work or start working on the pirate rooms soon? I'm so ready to be back at the resort and reports like your's make me miss it even more.

We are staying at CBR for the first time in July (usually stay at POR due to family of 5 but so excited we can try somewhere new now!). I have 2 questions.

1. I noticed the kids meals come in a sand pail and therefore cost more than POR. Is it possible to get the meals without the pail for a cheaper price? We are staying for 12 nights and really don't need to be paying extra for mulitples.

2. I just found out that there is a softball tournament while we will be there and the two recommended disney hotels for the players and their families are All-Star sports and Caribbean Beach. Do you think this will make the resort crazy? I ask because a few years back my SIL had a bad experience with a group of cheerleaders at one of the value resorts.

There was a baseball convention or something apparently this past week when we were there and I didn't even know it til we went to check out. The only time I noticed was when there were 2 teams waiting to do the resort air check out at the same time as we were checking out. The resort was full, but quiet.

Thanks so much for the review of the resort! So, they haven't moved the construction equipment out yet? Maybe they are going to do some maintenance work or start working on the pirate rooms soon? I'm so ready to be back at the resort and reports like your's make me miss it even more.

I'd guess they would start working on the Pirate rooms soon, in the first post it says the permits are already filed, and the work is due to be done by October this year.

just realized our trip to cbr is in 3 weeks! yay! Even when cbr is full it doesnt seem crowded. I think thats the one thing that keeps me away from the values - they always feel crowded.

Less than 40 Days until we go! Cannot wait. Does anyone know if they still sell the coconut postcards in the shop?

I'd guess they would start working on the Pirate rooms soon, in the first post it says the permits are already filed, and the work is due to be done by October this year.

We are going to WDW for the first time in mid-June. We picked the Pirate room. Do you think the construction is going to be a nuisance?

Booked at CBR in Nov for our first ever onsite visit. :flower1: So i've been stalking the beginning pages of this thread for weeks. :thanks: Can't wait, CBR has always been on my bucket list. :-) Family of 5 so the affordable options are a little more limited. Happy about the refurb!!

We are going to WDW for the first time in mid-June. We picked the Pirate room. Do you think the construction is going to be a nuisance?

We stayed at the CBR for two weeks while the refurb was going on in the standard rooms and we had no issues at all. I am sure that it will be the same with the pirate rooms. Disney does it's very best to keep things quiet and contained.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter