Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions-Old Thread-New Thread Link in Post 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did my online check-in the other day. I'm wondering, is there a spot where I can make requests to be near my parents and also to make sure we get a Murphy bed? I tried calling but the CM I spoke to said there should be a place online to make requests but all it offered me was the generic building/floor number choices. She said that if it wasn't there that the soonest I could call to request a link between mine and my parents reservation, in order for us to be near each other, is 10 days out from our trip. Does anyone have any experience with this?
Also, in my requests I checked for Aruba buildings and near transportation. Should I change to something else? We paid for a standard room. TIA!
Call Disney travel company and ask them to create a "travel with" which will associate both reservations. Then request nearby etc. The room assigner will see that you are traveling together and will try to put you very close to one another. Do not call Caribbean Beach directly because you are calling into a "call center" not the resort itself. Honestly they are not usually very helpful but again they are not at the resort therefore are not as educated as we are with the different resorts/requests etc! ;)

Sorry if this has been asked a million times, but. . . I was in a pirate room a couple years ago, and the mattress was really hard (at least to me) Are they all that hard in the pirate rooms? Have they changed them by any chance?

Sorry if this has been asked a million times, but. . . I was in a pirate room a couple years ago, and the mattress was really hard (at least to me) Are they all that hard in the pirate rooms? Have they changed them by any chance?

I'm not sure how hard the mattresses in the pirate rooms are compared to other standard rooms because I haven't stayed in those rooms. But the pirate rooms have not been renovated so I imagine it will be the same.

Call Disney travel company and ask them to create a "travel with" which will associate both reservations. Then request nearby etc. The room assigner will see that you are traveling together and will try to put you very close to one another. Do not call Caribbean Beach directly because you are calling into a "call center" not the resort itself. Honestly they are not usually very helpful but again they are not at the resort therefore are not as educated as we are with the different resorts/requests etc! ;)
What's the Disney travel company number??? This is our first ever Disney trip so I'm not entirely sure what I'm doing!

Idk if you checked it out when you were there, but the mattress in the pirate rooms is actually a half mattress.

34xjfw6.jpg

For people who don't mind a firmer mattress, its not really an issue. But if thats not your thing then I'd definitely suggest a standard room.

EDIT: I will add though, there are plans to refurb the pirate rooms this year, so maybe new mattresses are in order for that? I'm not sure.

How will we receive our room assignment? will it be via text message day of arrival?
For us the text never appeared because the CM who checked us in wrote it down incorrectly, put an extra digit in. When we were ready to actually get to our room we still had to get our luggage from the Carriage Garage (hubby insisted on calling the Custom house this for some bizarre reason :laughing: ) so we asked the closest CM inside the door and POOF we knew! For most, yup text message. (but we still had to physically check in when we arrive on property if this is what you're asking)

So excited, our trip is only two weeks out! I called today to double check our requests and they were on there. Only issue was I tried to link my reservation with the one I made for my MIL as "traveling with" so we could request to have her room close to ours and they couldn't do it because her reservation was booked through Orbitz. She said since I arrive one day before my MIL to have them handle it at the desk when I check in. Hope that works out. We don't need to be connecting or anything but in the same vicinity would be ideal.

Here now... Storms rolling thru so we are chilling in the room. We like this resort a lot as first timers and the refurbished rooms are nice. We got a corner room in Trinidad North. Pool is great, kids love it.

Only complaints were DME and luggage handling (nothing express or magical about it) when it took a long time to put us on a bus and took a long time for the bus to leave the airport. Luggage took 7 hours to arrive so we were unable to swim on night #1.

Here now... Storms rolling thru so we are chilling in the room. We like this resort a lot as first timers and the refurbished rooms are nice. We got a corner room in Trinidad North. Pool is great, kids love it.

Only complaints were DME and luggage handling (nothing express or magical about it) when it took a long time to put us on a bus and took a long time for the bus to leave the airport. Luggage took 7 hours to arrive so we were unable to swim on night #1.
Yeah the luggage situation can be shotty. We always pack extra clothes, swimsuits, towels, and flip flops in our carry on so we have the essentials. You unfortunately never know how long your luggage will take to make its way back to you.

We just booked our second trip to CBR! We are going September 7th-13th!

Last year it was my Fiances (then boyfriend) first trip and we loved it so much we have kept talking about going again and decided this morning to go ahead and book it! Now I have to get busy planning!

This happened to us last trip as well. Airport delay and then very long wait for ME. Ended up being sent to the resort in a Mear's van instead of the bus. Luggage took like 8 or 9 hours to get to us and I went to the desk at 3:30am to check on it because while we thought we packed everything we forgot our contact lense solution and needed to take them out. Won't forget that again, lol.

So I am going to ask, since I'm terribly confused. Is the INTERIOR bus loop a bus you take and then get off and have to board another bus to the parks? OR do the park buses go around the loop and leave the resort after the last stop? I can't seem to find a clear answer. Thank you so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter