Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions-Old Thread-New Thread Link in Post 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Add us to the roll call. First time at CBR.

9/24-10/3.

It's a two part honeymoon for me and my fiancé. After WDW we are flying to Jamaica to a Sandals resort. While at WDW we are celebrating my nephews birthday, our honeymoon, and my parents 30th anniversary. It all lands on the same timeframe. Going to be a blast.

Roll call has been updated as of this a.m. For those of you who may be interested, I just posted a lot of pictures of the drink, food and snack items available in the Old Port Royale food court. I also posted pictures of the sundries, packaged foods and drinks sold in the store cooler. They are all in my trip report. Click on the link in my signature and then to post two for the link to the posts.

Last edited:
Okay, so I haven't posted in a while because I feel really badly that I completely failed in my mission to check on construction progress when I was at CBR back in February. But since it's all done now, I'm hoping I'm forgiven :) (and I'm thinking no one even remembers this but me.....).
Anyway, we're heading back to the World in July for a week at the Polynesian, but I was able to add on 4 nights at CBR to the beginning of the trip and I'm so excited :cloud9:. We've never spent more than a week, and I've been so jealous of everyone that can do 10 days or two weeks (mickeystoontown, for example :thumbsup2). My oldest is graduating from high school this year, and I'm thinking this could possibly be our last trip all together (I really hope not, but you never know), so I wanted to make a real celebration out of it. So excited to see all the new pictures and join back into this thread!!!

Dates at CBR - 7/22-7/26/2015 :banana:

I saw in a follow up post that you are going in the fall? I was wondering about this same thing, but I couldn't find pics anywhere. We are there in a couple of weeks, and I plan on taking pics to share here. For pics, I'll do both spots (next to the bed/wall and the bathroom), but we plan on having it in the sink area. Our baby is very...touchy when it comes to sleep, so we will need the sliding door for sure!
That is so kind of you! We would appreciate that so much! Our dates are Dec 15-26 with FD, but we will add a couple of days before that room only-- like the 13th-ish. Can't wait to see how that packand play fits for you guys! Here's to happy sleeping for all of us! :)

Okay, so I haven't posted in a while because I feel really badly that I completely failed in my mission to check on construction progress when I was at CBR back in February. But since it's all done now, I'm hoping I'm forgiven :) (and I'm thinking no one even remembers this but me.....).
Anyway, we're heading back to the World in July for a week at the Polynesian, but I was able to add on 4 nights at CBR to the beginning of the trip and I'm so excited :cloud9:. We've never spent more than a week, and I've been so jealous of everyone that can do 10 days or two weeks (mickeystoontown, for example :thumbsup2). My oldest is graduating from high school this year, and I'm thinking this could possibly be our last trip all together (I really hope not, but you never know), so I wanted to make a real celebration out of it. So excited to see all the new pictures and join back into this thread!!!

Welcome back!!!!! No need to feel badly. I didn't get any "real" pictures of the construction while we were there either. Yay for a long trip! You know that we love longer trips and I think that I could stay there for even longer if my pocketbook would allow.

17 days until we get on a plane and head to Disney! Our kids still don't know either, we'll tell them on the way to the airport. I'm so excited, I'm plum giddy ;-) !

Good luck keeping the secret!

WOW they made some changes since we have last gone there. Our very first trip to Disneyworld was at the CBR in the purple-pink Aruba section, and I was just blown away! :love::lovestruc CBR will always hold a special place in our hearts.

Roll Call: Please add the 6 of us for 12/15-12/26 with FD. DH and I are bringing DD17, DD14, DD11, and (newly adopted!!) DS1. :love: YIPPEE!!

Roll Call - 5/27 to 6/2

Question - We are non-smokers and would prefer to be as far away from smoke as possible (my wife has asthma). On the property map it shows a lot of designated smoking areas. We have a preferred room so can anyone help with a special request for a building or room that would be as far away from smoking areas as possible?

Roll Call - 5/27 to 6/2

Question - We are non-smokers and would prefer to be as far away from smoke as possible (my wife has asthma). On the property map it shows a lot of designated smoking areas. We have a preferred room so can anyone help with a special request for a building or room that would be as far away from smoking areas as possible?

I would word your request "not near smoking area". That will give the room assigner plenty of options to grant your request. If you request a certain area and it's not available, the room assigner won't know why you wanted that area and they might give you something close to that area but also right by a smoking area. It's always best to word your requests to describe what you're looking for. :thumbsup2

Switched from CSR to CBR for Nov 16-20. I'm taking my 70 and 72 yr old folks (they love free dining at WDW as they love Crystal Palace lunch and Cape May Cafe dinner!) and when Dad found out the rooms had just been redone, he just HAD to stay here. POR is our fav moderate so far but I have a feeling they are really going to like CBR! I figure as long as I ask for "near a bus stop" and "do not upgrade us to a Pirate Room", we should be good on walking distance to everything.

I would word your request "not near smoking area". That will give the room assigner plenty of options to grant your request. If you request a certain area and it's not available, the room assigner won't know why you wanted that area and they might give you something close to that area but also right by a smoking area. It's always best to word your requests to describe what you're looking for. :thumbsup2

Thanks!!

Switched from CSR to CBR for Nov 16-20. I'm taking my 70 and 72 yr old folks (they love free dining at WDW as they love Crystal Palace lunch and Cape May Cafe dinner!) and when Dad found out the rooms had just been redone, he just HAD to stay here. POR is our fav moderate so far but I have a feeling they are really going to like CBR! I figure as long as I ask for "near a bus stop" and "do not upgrade us to a Pirate Room", we should be good on walking distance to everything.

Congrats on Free Dining! POR used to be our favorite until having to switch to CBR for Free Dining years ago and we haven't been able to go back. And this was before the room refurb and queen beds! I think you made a great choice.

Every village has its own bus stop, so you are never far from one no matter where you are.

:rotfl:

Congrats on your child graduating! They disappear from you so quick once college starts. :sad2: This does however mean that the trip will have even greater meaning and awesome memories! I did graduation trips a little differently with the 2 that have graduated so far. I am a big baby about "losing" my kids. :sad: I went alone with each one of my daughters when they graduated both high school and college. I had to have my mommy time in! I spread my kids out, so now I have one left at home DS13. I don't know that dad will let me get away with that again. I might have to "share" this time and let DH come. :rotfl: Have a great time and make sure you take lots of pictures!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter