Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions-Old Thread-New Thread Link in Post 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi have a question I'm hoping someone here can answer. We are arriving on 8/28 and have a standard room booked. I have decided that I would like to add a day at the end but I can't get a standard room only a preferred and the CM I spoke to told me the difference in price to change the reservation is $700. That isn't worth it for me so I was wondering if I can arrive a day early, on 8/27 for just a room only and check out on the 28th and re-check in on the 28th. Is that frowned upon, doing that at the same resort, should I book that night in another resort and then travel over to CBR?

Hi have a question I'm hoping someone here can answer. We are arriving on 8/28 and have a standard room booked. I have decided that I would like to add a day at the end but I can't get a standard room only a preferred and the CM I spoke to told me the difference in price to change the reservation is $700. That isn't worth it for me so I was wondering if I can arrive a day early, on 8/27 for just a room only and check out on the 28th and re-check in on the 28th. Is that frowned upon, doing that at the same resort, should I book that night in another resort and then travel over to CBR?
Not frowned upon at all. This is quite common. You could even ask to stay in the same room. There's no guarantee you'd be granted the same room, but it certainly wouldn't hurt to ask. Have a great trip! :)

We managed to get free dining at Saratoga Springs, so we won't be doing CBR this time. Maybe next time.

I just want to say, of all of the resort threads I've read, this one is the best.

I'm glad to hear that you are enjoying the thread! I think that I've taken pictures of almost every inch of the resort so that I could add them here.

If I wanted to see Illuminations from the beach, which beach is the best?

You can see them from various points at the resort. We have watched from the Jamaica beach, Martinique beach and Old Port Royale. In my opinion, the Martinique beach and Old Port Royale have the best vantage points.

Hey guys! Leaving in 7 days and packing my bags. Question - are there pool towels available or do I need to bring them? At CBR as well as at water parks?
Thanks in advance!

I know that someone answered your CBR towel question but I didn't see them answer the water park. We take our own with us to the water parks. I believe that you must rent them at the water parks.

Has anyone seen mickeystoontown lately? She has not updated roll call in a while. I hope everything is ok Lisa!

Thank you for thinking about us! We have been super busy around our house and John has had some epilepsy issues too. Hoping things can get figured out when we go to the neurologist next Friday.

Not frowned upon at all. This is quite common. You could even ask to stay in the same room. There's no guarantee you'd be granted the same room, but it certainly wouldn't hurt to ask. Have a great trip! :)

Thank you so much! I have been going back and forth about it but I definitely think one more day is the right thing to do.

@mickeystoontown - Thanks for this thread! Hope the health issues resolve quickly and easily!!

This is the most comprehensive info about CBR out there-We are (trying) to keep trip a secret from kids (at least for a few more days until MB arrive) but had to tell our oldest a couple weeks ago due to her band camps this summer. She was a little upset at first at having to miss some band stuff (she is a junior this year so this will be her last summer of high school). Google Caribbean Beach resort and there is NOTHING out there that has as much info as the first pages of this thread! Not even Disney has updated room pictures yet! So-long story too late to be made short-once she saw all the pics of rooms and pirate themed pool (huge PotC fan) she is now very excited about trip-in fact it is getting her through her last days of the school year and all of her end of year projects!

Disney should just pay some of you guys here on the Dis to be consultants and keeping updated info available...

@mickeystoontown - Thanks for this thread! Hope the health issues resolve quickly and easily!!

Thank you! We are constantly adjusting meds so I am sure that's what will happen again. Gotta love living with epilepsy. NOT

This is the most comprehensive info about CBR out there-We are (trying) to keep trip a secret from kids (at least for a few more days until MB arrive) but had to tell our oldest a couple weeks ago due to her band camps this summer. She was a little upset at first at having to miss some band stuff (she is a junior this year so this will be her last summer of high school). Google Caribbean Beach resort and there is NOTHING out there that has as much info as the first pages of this thread! Not even Disney has updated room pictures yet! So-long story too late to be made short-once she saw all the pics of rooms and pirate themed pool (huge PotC fan) she is now very excited about trip-in fact it is getting her through her last days of the school year and all of her end of year projects!

Our son is the same age as your daughter. Tell her that he absolutely loves the resort and can't wait to get back there on the 23rd of this month. I am glad to hear that she wasn't too upset that she had to miss band camp.

Disney should just pay some of you guys here on the Dis to be consultants and keeping updated info available...

Don't I wish! I'd take that paycheck for sure. It'd help fund my Disney trips.

Hello all! I see that lots of ya'll were able to book free dining. Can I just say that I am officially JEALOUS! I just updated the beach bum roll call to add...get this.....37 new people to the list. I was pages and pages behind. As I always say, if I missed your name, it was not intentional. Please let me know and I'll get you added.

A big ol' thank ya to all of those who have stepped in to answer questions!

Our family is going to CBR with free dining 8/28 thru 9/6, plus we are checking in 2 days early 8/26 (room only) because I had our flights booked already. Thank you.

25 days to go until we're in Disney! Our MagicBands arrived yesterday. We'll be staying at CBR for the first time, from 5/30-6/2.

This is DH's 2nd time staying at Disney resorts (the last was when we went to POFQ for our Honeymoon last year). We'll be celebrating our first anniversary. I was worried about the size difference between POFQ and CBR because that was DH's fave part and he has this weird thing about change, but I've been stalking this thread for a while and I think we'll be okay. I was most worried about the buses, but reading through, I don't think that will be much of an issue either. We're fairly patient people (well, until the Florida heat gets to DH :rolleyes2).

Thank you for thinking about us! We have been super busy around our house and John has had some epilepsy issues too. Hoping things can get figured out when we go to the neurologist next Friday.
I posted this and then thought..duh! Look at her trip report!;) I saw that John was having issues and I am hoping and praying that everything will get figured out. Hopefully work will let up on him some...a person can only do so much. Glad to see you back!

Hello all! I see that lots of ya'll were able to book free dining. Can I just say that I am officially JEALOUS! I just updated the beach bum roll call to add...get this.....37 new people to the list. I was pages and pages behind. As I always say, if I missed your name, it was not intentional. Please let me know and I'll get you added.

This might seem like a dumb question but where is the roll call?? (I am new here)

CJK said: [URL='http://www.disboards.com/goto/post?id=53581126#post-53581126' said:
If you are planning to enjoy a night at your hotel, you can't go wrong with a meal at Shutters. Years ago it used to get terrible reviews, but a new chef came on board and now the reviews are quite good. We ate there last year and quite enjoyed it. I often recommend Shutters for your arrival day or any night you want to enjoy your hotel.

Yes! I changed an ADR from Ragland Road to Shutters on arrival night. Depending on DME, we may arrive around 8:30 - 9pm at CBR. I knew we would not be up to a late night bus ride there and back for a dinner. Glad to hear Shutters is much improved. I am looking forward to it! Thanks!

Reactions: CJK
Please add to roll call. 9/8 thru 9/15. Super excited for our 3 rd trip to CBR. A little nervous to pull kids from school after only 4 days, but they are good students and should bounce back into the swing of things quickly!

I thought I had posted but I realized I "watched" the thread and was just lurking :tiptoe:
So, we will be staying at the CBR for the first time when we visit Dec 16-22. This will also be our first time visiting WDW at Christmas. I was so thrilled to be able to schedule free dining, I really didn't think it would be available so close to Christmas and then I didn't think I would ever get thru! Since we had existing reservations with the Disney dining it ended up saving us $631, even with the water park option!:yay:

woot woot I made the list lol

here is another question I cant seem to find but I think I already know the answer.

since this is our first time staying at CBR I am assuming they play caribbean music in the back group all over the resort?

woot woot I made the list lol

here is another question I cant seem to find but I think I already know the answer.

since this is our first time staying at CBR I am assuming they play caribbean music in the back group all over the resort?

They do and it's so fun! Lots of steel drum music.

We will be there on August 22.........ten of us and FD :rainbow:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter