Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions-Old Thread-New Thread Link in Post 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never slept in one but they are shorter than a normal bed and the mattress is fairly thin. They are smaller than a twin bed and Disney officially recommends them for guests 11 and under. They would definately be small for an adult. But kids in our group that slept in them said they were comfortable.
Well I'm a fairly short adult haha...

If they're anywhere near the bed comfort level of the murphy bed in AoA suites I'll be fine.... XD

We just booked at CBR for 5/21-24.
We were booked at Pop but there were no discounts available and with a discount it was only $60 to upgrade.
CBR is a new resort for us. We love POR so it was a hard choice but I kinda wanted to try something new, especially on a short trip.
I made my room requests and picked Jamaica and water view. I think that is my best bet for getting close to the bridge? If not, we will have a car so driving around is an option! :)

Sure you go and update the Beachbums and I realize I am not sure I gave our dates : June 1-June 4!

I am 51, have had both knees replaced, stayed at CBR 4 months after my last TKR (September 14) and had no trouble with the distance. I think that the size of CBR is way overblown. It is not like walking from Manhattan to the Bronx. There aren't many places at CBR that I can't make it to OPR in under 10 minutes. The footbridge in the middle of the resort knocks a lot of time off of the walk.

I could not agree more - We were there last October with a 3 year old who refused the stroller most days - and he walked/ran from one end of the resort to the other, to the pool, and back multiple times a day. If he could do it, anyone can. Besides, the grounds are beautiful.

Just called Chase and I was told that I wasn't approved for the Disney Premier Visa card. It makes no sense because I have amazing credit! Now I'm bummed, especially without knowing when FD is coming out. Was planning on booking my trip as soon as it came in and now I have to wait longer. Won't know the reason until I get the letter in the mail. Hopefully it's some stupid mistake that I can easily fix up so I can book CBR sooner rather than later!!!

Anybody know how many USB outlets are in the renovated rooms?

Just checked my pictures ... we were in a king room and there were 2 on each beside table and 2 beside the TV ... plenty for us!! Hubby used his for his blackberry & Ipad, i used mine for my Kindle. We didn't need to use the others but did find the outlets beside the TV (in the same place as the USB) handy for the camera battery!

I haven't posted in a while and thought I would just so I could see my ticker... This trip is coming up much faster than I expected...

Just called Chase and I was told that I wasn't approved for the Disney Premier Visa card. It makes no sense because I have amazing credit! Now I'm bummed, especially without knowing when FD is coming out. Was planning on booking my trip as soon as it came in and now I have to wait longer. Won't know the reason until I get the letter in the mail. Hopefully it's some stupid mistake that I can easily fix up so I can book CBR sooner rather than later!!!

That's a bummer! We've been working really hard on our credit for a long time now (after college indiscretions) but it is pretty good now. Especially after my husband convinced me to use the CC for everything and pay balance off every month. We have a couple different rewards cards and boy does stuff add up. For past few years pretty much Christmas shop for free on Amazon with points. And we paid for plane tickets last year with points (disney and Vegas). We got the free offer for premium Disney Chase-we got approved today (sheesh-enough to book disney cruises for 5 of us for next 3 years LOL). My DH laughed at the $500 spend to get the $200 free gift card (with business-he can charge that in a few days). I'd definitely find out why you were turned down-we had an error on our credit report several years back-took a bit to clear up (so annoying that THEY make a mistake and can report it immediately but they take months to clear up and correct) but better to get it taken care of:):goodvibes

Do you already have another Chase/JP Morgan card?? if you do they really dont like to give you another one. Could be that and nothing to do with your credit , hope it gets sorted out for you..that totally sucks

Yes I have. Was real quiet and almost seemed that we had the resort ourselves. Parks were not crazy busy, not much of a wait for rides...I believe 15 minutes was the longest wait for a non-Fastpass ride. Weather was excellent, and got plenty of pool and park time. We are going again 9/13-9/19.
Has anyone been down in September before?? Im hoping its pretty quiet.

Be sure to call them when you get the letter. My husband applied last summer & was denied. When we got the letter & called, they told us he didn't "have enough credit history", which is completely untrue. We have exceptional credit. After he spoke with the guy for a few minutes, they gave us a card. The credit limit was tiny, but they upped it to a decent amount within a few months without us even asking. I personally think they just reject people and then if you care enough to call, they'll give you a card.

Just checked my pictures ... we were in a king room and there were 2 on each beside table and 2 beside the TV ... plenty for us!! Hubby used his for his blackberry & Ipad, i used mine for my Kindle. We didn't need to use the others but did find the outlets beside the TV (in the same place as the USB) handy for the camera battery!

Awesome! Plenty for us as well. Thank you :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter