The New Caribbean Beach FAQ Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
We check in dec 12. Only 41 days. Woohoo!
My question is about online checkin. We have 10 people in 4 preferred rooms booked separately. Using online checkin do we need to request to be close together? My father in law had back surgery recently and we want to be close to OPR. Can I request a specific building?
We can't wait to see Disney at Christmas. We have a wishes cruise booked and the candlelight processional dinner package.

Yes, you need to request that in online check-in, as well as calling the resort in the 4-5 days prior to the trip. I also sent a FAX with my requests and stating the reasons why. When they know that someone has health issues, I think they try very hard to accommodate the request. I would think with your check-in date, you would be o.k. The closer to Christmas, the more crowded, hence the less chance they can honor all requests.

Yes, you need to request that in online check-in, as well as calling the resort in the 4-5 days prior to the trip. I also sent a FAX with my requests and stating the reasons why. When they know that someone has health issues, I think they try very hard to accommodate the request. I would think with your check-in date, you would be o.k. The closer to Christmas, the more crowded, hence the less chance they can honor all requests.

Thank you.

Just back from a week at CBR. We have stayed here before and this was the first time we had issues and there were plenty. None of our requests for village, building, ground floor, close to transportation were honored via fax or online check in. We had a scooter as I'm really pregnant with twins and a stroller and it took getting a manager just for a ground level room, forget the other requests. Refurb was nice, more South Pacific vibe than caribbean, but clean and new. Mouse keeping was great but we did tip everyday. Food in food court was good for breakfast and lunch but same selection for lunch as dinner. Bus service was awful and it was not super crowded at the parks. We waited over 45 min for MK bus at Jamaica stop on 2 occasions. One time i had my 2 yr old on bus with me to MK and I asked driver if we could loop past Barbados to pick up my husband as he had to go to the custom house and the was the closest stop, he said sure as we were the only people on the bus and then drove right past the stop saying his boss told him he couldn't, I asked to get off and he said he couldn't stop so we had to go to the park by ourselves. Also, my husbands magic band did not work the entire week, we made 5 trips to the concierge to tell us that everything was set up right and there was nothing else they could do but it didn't link to our credit card or meals. So, despite this we had a great trip bc we were at Disney, but in the future I don't think we will be back to CBR.

We have had the complete opposite luck with busses and are here now and leaving Monday. Many times we were the only family on the bus and have never waited for any bus for longer than. 10 minutes or so with the exception of today waiting on a bus back from Epcot to CBR for about 25 minutes.

We checked in today. Received one of two requests,Martinique with a garden view instead of a water view.

The resort is really beautiful. I love the feel of it. Now I know where all the love for this resort comes from. We have only stayed at ASM before. CBR feels much more like a vacation destination. It got cold today but my kids still braved the pool and loved it. They have been waiting for months and couldn't wait another day or two for it to warm up. The restrooms make a great change spot in cold weather.

I also see where some people are less than impressed. We are in a non refurbished room and it is showing its age. Just knowing that Disney is doing something about it makes it fade away into the background. We had a very tasty dinner in OPR, some fun in the arcade, and we're looking forward to the week to come.

Make sure you request 1st floor as there are no elevators for your FIL..

Can someone confirm that? I think this is the first I've read about there not being elevators. I thought all the Disney resorts had elevators except Alligator Bayou at POR.

we leave today to go to the airport and will be in disney tomorrow, just wanna say thank you to every one that has answered all my silly questions and gave all the wonderful info x

AmyKat said:
Can someone confirm that? I think this is the first I've read about there not being elevators. I thought all the Disney resorts had elevators except Alligator Bayou at POR.

I'll confirm it: There are no elevators at CBR

Which fax number did you use? I have seen a few different ones floating around in these sites. I have also read that CB doesn't read the faxes. However, I think it is worth the try and if you have had luck, I would like to use the same number you have used in the past. We leave in less than 2 weeks and 2 children with some physical limitations. All preferred rooms were booked at the time I made my reservations. Would love to be close to OPR. Any help is appreciated. Thank you:)

We are coming in February for a sporting event, and I think this is going to be our resort. I have stayed at POR, FWL, and CR previously (although a really long time since we stayed in CR - like 20 years). I'm excited to come try out CBR and have a few questions before I book.

Are some buildings better than others? I would like to have fairly easy access to the main pool and bus stops. Which buildings would best accommodate these?

When requesting a particular building, it appears that it is best to call a few days before and then request again at online checkin. Is that correct?

Now that some rooms have Murphy beds, will they take a 5 person reservation? I want to add my daughters friend so that she can come spend the night with us a night or two during the trip.

Thanks for all the info.

Are some buildings better than others? I would like to have fairly easy access to the main pool and bus stops. Which buildings would best accommodate these?
All "islands" (building groups) have their own bus stops, so easy access to buses isn't a big issue...close to main pool? you would want a "preferred room" or Jamaica or Aruba if you don't mind a little bit of a longer walk than preferred...and preferred haven't been upgraded with murphy beds yet, so if you want one, you should ask for Jamaica or Aruba.

When requesting a particular building, it appears that it is best to call a few days before and then request again at online checkin. Is that correct?

That appears to work. Fingers crossed on our choices.

Now that some rooms have Murphy beds, will they take a 5 person reservation? I want to add my daughters friend so that she can come spend the night with us a night or two during the trip.

No word yet on when you can book them for 5, people keep asking and the CM's keep not knowing a date...we seem to think once they are completed with the renovation...or are close to it...so may not work for your Feb trip.

Just back from a week at CBR. We have stayed here before and this was the first time we had issues and there were plenty. None of our requests for village, building, ground floor, close to transportation were honored via fax or online check in. We had a scooter as I'm really pregnant with twins and a stroller and it took getting a manager just for a ground level room, forget the other requests. Refurb was nice, more South Pacific vibe than caribbean, but clean and new. Mouse keeping was great but we did tip everyday. Food in food court was good for breakfast and lunch but same selection for lunch as dinner. Bus service was awful and it was not super crowded at the parks. We waited over 45 min for MK bus at Jamaica stop on 2 occasions. One time i had my 2 yr old on bus with me to MK and I asked driver if we could loop past Barbados to pick up my husband as he had to go to the custom house and the was the closest stop, he said sure as we were the only people on the bus and then drove right past the stop saying his boss told him he couldn't, I asked to get off and he said he couldn't stop so we had to go to the park by ourselves. Also, my husbands magic band did not work the entire week, we made 5 trips to the concierge to tell us that everything was set up right and there was nothing else they could do but it didn't link to our credit card or meals. So, despite this we had a great trip bc we were at Disney, but in the future I don't think we will be back to CBR.

I'm so sorry you had so much trouble! Please make sure you provide this feedback to Disney so that they know where their missteps are, and how to do better.

Your issues with the bus system are my biggest concern. We're car renters, but because of how expensive they are this trip, we're thinking of giving the busses a try. But eeeeek - that 45 minute wait makes me have second thoughts....

Hi everyone,

I'm sorry if this has been answered, I did try reading through but fear I may have missed the answer.

Please can someone confirm if all the rooms still have refrigerators as the disney website doesn't list them as amenities?

We are hoping to buy some bits to have a little breakfast in the room before hitting the parks, does anyone have experience of doing this that could share ideas of what you have or even show pictures?

Thank you

Andrea

Hello. Does anybody no if all preferred rooms will have a Murphy bed? Or just select rooms through the resort. Spoke to a CM and she told me no rooms will have a Murphy bed lol.

Hi guys,

Is Barbados *that* bad, distance-wise? From all accounts I've read it's considered far away, but look in at at the map it isn't any further from OPR than the lower buildings of Aruba?

We stayed at Trinidad South last year, so I suppose anywhere else will seem close! My husband is running the Dopey and will have some very sore legs for a couple of days. I except there will be a few trips to the hot tubs.

Austinsmom068 said:
Hello. Does anybody no if all preferred rooms will have a Murphy bed? Or just select rooms through the resort. Spoke to a CM and she told me no rooms will have a Murphy bed lol.

Preferred rooms haven't even been started being renovated yet, so we don't know. I haven't heard anything to say one way or another.

I am sure it is addressed in this forum somewhere already, so I apologize - When are the rooms scheduled to be finished? For our early February trip, should I request a refurbished room or will they all be done (it is a standard , water view)? Thanks!

I am sure it is addressed in this forum somewhere already, so I apologize - When are the rooms scheduled to be finished? For our early February trip, should I request a refurbished room or will they all be done (it is a standard , water view)? Thanks!

Yes, I would like to know this too as we are coming mid-February.

Also, are preferred rooms more? What exactly is a preferred room?

Which fax number did you use? I have seen a few different ones floating around in these sites. I have also read that CB doesn't read the faxes. However, I think it is worth the try and if you have had luck, I would like to use the same number you have used in the past. We leave in less than 2 weeks and 2 children with some physical limitations. All preferred rooms were booked at the time I made my reservations. Would love to be close to OPR. Any help is appreciated. Thank you:)

Here is what I used:

CBR Fax number: 407-934-2736
CBR Phone: 407-934-3400

Sent FAX on 10/21 and checked in on 10/24. I have always heard that it is best to send the fax within the 3 days prior to arrival because that is when final room assignments are made.

I also phoned in my requests about 5 days prior to arrival. I called late at night, and the person I spoke with was VERY nice.

Wish you lots of pixiedust: !!

Hi everyone,

I'm sorry if this has been answered, I did try reading through but fear I may have missed the answer.

Please can someone confirm if all the rooms still have refrigerators as the disney website doesn't list them as amenities?

We are hoping to buy some bits to have a little breakfast in the room before hitting the parks, does anyone have experience of doing this that could share ideas of what you have or even show pictures?

Thank you

Andrea

Our rooms in Jamaica (recently refurbished) both had the small (dorm room type) refrigerators. We used them!!

pixiedust:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter