The New Caribbean Beach FAQ Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're here!! Sitting on DME waiting to head to resort. Hoping for a refurbed room! If anyone needs info on anything this week let me know and I will try to find the answer for you :)

Is it possible to walk to Epcot or HS from CBR? I thought I read it somewhere but can't remember ...

There are no walking paths from the resort to Hollywood Studios. The ride to the park is really short.

Anybody knows the price of a loaf of bread and a half gallon of milk at POR?

Oops, looks like you meant to post on the POR board or possibly just typed POR instead of CBR.

We're here!! Sitting on DME waiting to head to resort. Hoping for a refurbed room! If anyone needs info on anything this week let me know and I will try to find the answer for you :)

Have a great trip! If you can, would you please see if anyone can tell you when they expect to be done with the refurb. Others have been told anywhere from March to May, 2015. Thanks!

The children's splash/play area looks really cool. Is there a max height? My 6 year old nephew has autism and is still drawn to younger children's play areas. He is 48" tall though. Would he be able to play on this?

Are parents allowed in with their littles? My dd is a tad cautious about waterdump features. And if parents are allowed in, I'm wondering if an older sibling would be allowed in for the same reason-holding the hand of the little one, not running around on their own. I guess it will depend on crowd and lifeguard. I'm glad the rule is there to protect the little ones from getting accidentally knocked over by bigger bodies, just hoping they would make exceptions if the spirit of the rule is not being broken. As far as my question goes though, can parents be in there with their kiddos?

There are no walking paths from the resort to Hollywood Studios. The ride to the park is really short. Oops, looks like you meant to post on the POR board or possibly just typed POR instead of CBR. Have a great trip! If you can, would you please see if anyone can tell you when they expect to be done with the refurb. Others have been told anywhere from March to May, 2015. Thanks!

I'll see what I can find out. We did get our refurbed room but haven't seen it cause it's not ready. We're in Aruba 52 :)

There are no walking paths from the resort to Hollywood Studios. The ride to the park is really short. Oops, looks like you meant to post on the POR board or possibly just typed POR instead of CBR. Have a great trip! If you can, would you please see if anyone can tell you when they expect to be done with the refurb. Others have been told anywhere from March to May, 2015. Thanks!

I actually meant "Old Port Royal" lol and got the letters in the wrong order.

I actually meant "Old Port Royal" lol and got the letters in the wrong order.

I've accidentally switched up abbreviations wrong before too. I know that they sell the items that you are looking for at the store in OPR and I took pictures of them but I don't know the prices. I'll see if I can find the pictures and possibly zoom in on them to see if the prices are shown.

I am so thankful I found the Disboards! So much helpful information. Our 30 day countdown starts tomorrow. I am a first timer at DW! We will be celebrating my birthday and it will be our 6 year old's first time too.

I will keep reading but may be bugging you all with questions too :confused3

I am so thankful I found the Disboards! So much helpful information. Our 30 day countdown starts tomorrow. I am a first timer at DW! We will be celebrating my birthday and it will be our 6 year old's first time too.

I am so excited for you. You will have a great time. What a lucky 6yr old :thumbsup2

Had an overall good stay at Caribbean Beach October 17-19. My magic band quit working and wouldn't let me in my room, and it took almost an hour to get it fixed. But other than that, I had a nice time. :)

Welcome Lindsey :wave2:

Welcome to the Disboards! I am sure that you already realized that the Boards are full of helpful people and information. If you can't find the answers to your questions, feel free to post them here. One of us will answer them!

Had an overall good stay at Caribbean Beach October 17-19. My magic band quit working and wouldn't let me in my room, and it took almost an hour to get it fixed. But other than that, I had a nice time. :)

Welcome back home! I'm glad to hear that you had a great stay despite the issues with the magic bands.

Originally we were staying for 8 nights at CBR then 4 at POR, however with the Stay, Play and Dine deal they just released, we switched to a full 12-night CBR stay. We are now on the DP and we saved $600!

For a stay that long I really hope our room request is honored.

There are a lot of us going in Nov...hope the crowd calendars aren't way off! I am counting on low to med crowds the week before Thanksgiving like all the crowd calendars are predicting.

OH YEA AND HAPPY DANCE FOR 18 MORE DAYS :cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:TILL I AM SITTING ON A BEACH @ CBR!!!

There are a lot of us going in Nov...hope the crowd calendars aren't way off! I am counting on low to med crowds the week before Thanksgiving like all the crowd calendars are predicting.

OH YEA AND HAPPY DANCE FOR 18 MORE DAYS :cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:TILL I AM SITTING ON A BEACH @ CBR!!!

I've been thinking the same thing... hope it's not too crazy!

We are going the 15th- 23rd as well! WHOOO HOOOO 18 DAYS!!!!! party::jumping1:

About the refurbed rooms - do any of them have queen sized beds? The only thing that has kept me away from the CBR is bed size. My husband and I once shared a double bed during a 3 day trip to Catalina and it was not comfy. And we weren't traipsing around theme parks all day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter