The New Caribbean Beach FAQ Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a preferred room booked but wondering if I should request jamaica building 45. I like the idea of the newer rooms. I have never been to the resort so not sure what a difference in walk it would be to the buses or OPR. Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you!

I wouldn't worry about being close to a bus stop because each village has their own stop. As far as walking to OPR goes, we have stayed in every village except for the two Trinidad villages (one is Trinidad North which is preferred and the other is Trinidad South and they are all pirate rooms). Our walks have never been more than 7 minutes and that was from one of the furthest buildings in Barbados. Most were 5 minutes or less from our standard room.

I have a preferred room booked but wondering if I should request jamaica building 45. I like the idea of the newer rooms. I have never been to the resort so not sure what a difference in walk it would be to the buses or OPR. Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you!

I responded above but didn't see that this was your first post. Welcome to the DISBOARDS!:dance3:

Hi all,

I apologize in advance as this question has probably been asked...but when it comes to which building you prefer to be in...what is better, being close to OPR (Trinidad North/Martinique) or being in the refurbished buildings such as Jamaica or Aruba?

I think I read the Jamaica and Aruba buildings are 7 min walks from OPR while Trinidad North and Martinique are about 3 mins?

It seems like all buildings are close to park buses

I stayed at Coronado Springs last time I was in Disney and I didn't mind the walking too much since we were basically off the resorts majority of the time anyway. Is it similar to Coronado?

Once again sorry if this question has been asked before or if I have just stated any inaccurate information.

Thanks very much :)

Oops! Hopefully, you can get them back on your photobucket account.

Anybody heard from Dansdad lately? It looks like the last time he posted on the Dis was 9/27.
I PM'd him on Oct 7 when I first noticed the pictures were missing. He hasn't replied. It's strange for him to go this long without posting. I usually see his posts all over the place every day. Oh well, maybe he found something more interesting to do. Hopefully all is well.

Hi all,

I apologize in advance as this question has probably been asked...but when it comes to which building you prefer to be in...what is better, being close to OPR (Trinidad North/Martinique) or being in the refurbished buildings such as Jamaica or Aruba?

I think I read the Jamaica and Aruba buildings are 7 min walks from OPR while Trinidad North and Martinique are about 3 mins?

I stayed at Coronado Springs last time I was in Disney and I didn't mind the walking too much since we were basically off the resorts majority of the time anyway. Is it similar to Coronado?

Once again sorry if this question has been asked before or if I have just stated any inaccurate information.

If walking didn't bother you at CSR you won't have a problem with CBR...unless you get one of those "upgrades" to a Pirate room. Then you'll have a hike to OPR.

I booked our March 2015 trip and we will be staying here. This will be the first time staying at a moderate resort. Previously we've always stayed at Pop. We're taking my nieces for their first trip and I think they will enjoy it here.

We booked a standard room, so which buildings would be the most quiet? My nieces are going to be 4 and 2 at the time we go so I don't want a room that will be super noisy and keep them awake.

After seeing all the photos posted here I'm excited to stay here. :rotfl::hyper:

I PM'd him on Oct 7 when I first noticed the pictures were missing. He hasn't replied. It's strange for him to go this long without posting. I usually see his posts all over the place every day. Oh well, maybe he found something more interesting to do. Hopefully all is well.

More interesting than the Dis?! Shock! Horror! NOOOOOOO! :lmao: Seriously, hope all is well with Dansdad.

Hi all,

I'm with EpcotBill on this one....if you could handle the walking at CSR, then you'll be okay at the CBR. Our walks from Jamaica and Aruba to OPR were about 5 minutes. The walk from one of the furthest rooms in Barbados was about 7 minutes.

There are bus stops in each of the resort villages so you won't be far from one.

Me, personally, I wouldn't pay the extra money for a preferred room location (Trinidad North and parts of Martinique) but our family doesn't mine walking. I'd rather save the extra $ and use if for souvenirs (or to stay longer)

If walking didn't bother you at CSR you won't have a problem with CBR...unless you get one of those "upgrades" to a Pirate room. Then you'll have a hike to OPR.

I don't have that big of a problem with it, but I feel like my mother might...I could see her being a bit miffed for a 7 min walk for coffee lol

I'm with EpcotBill on this one....if you could handle the walking at CSR, then you'll be okay at the CBR. Our walks from Jamaica and Aruba to OPR were about 5 minutes. The walk from one of the furthest rooms in Barbados was about 7 minutes.

There are bus stops in each of the resort villages so you won't be far from one.

Me, personally, I wouldn't pay the extra money for a preferred room location (Trinidad North and parts of Martinique) but our family doesn't mine walking. I'd rather save the extra $ and use if for souvenirs (or to stay longer)

Thank you :) 5 mins isn't bad at all in my eyes. I honestly, would rather have a refurbished room as long as its not too far. My mom has back problems that come up from time to time and while yes we are going to Disney and there will be a LOT of walking, I'd like to keep it as minimal as possible when its in our control.

The only refurbished buildings are in Jamaica and Aruba right?

Thank you :) 5 mins isn't bad at all in my eyes. I honestly, would rather have a refurbished room as long as its not too far. My mom has back problems that come up from time to time and while yes we are going to Disney and there will be a LOT of walking, I'd like to keep it as minimal as possible when its in our control.

The only refurbished buildings are in Jamaica and Aruba right?

My mother has traveled to WDW with us several times and she was able to get around the resort fairly easily despite having arthritis in her feet. She said that her favorite location was when we stayed in Jamaica 41.

Right now, all of Jamaica and Aruba are done and they are working on Barbados.

Just back from a 5 night stay. Stayed in Barbados building 11. It was a refurbed room with queen beds . Didn't have the Murphy bed but didn't need one so no worries. Walk to bus stop and customs house very easy. A bit of a stroll to OPR but very scenic. Seemed like we spent a good deal of time waiting for buses (we usually stay deluxe and are spoiled by monorail and boat service). While it is a beautiful resort and the cast members were helpful, we probably won't stay here again just because of the location.

Getting closer!!! Just noticed in one of the older posts there are no microwaves in the room ... I think that should be OK but how do you think they would feel if we bring one? I know we are bringing the Keurig because there is no way I am getting up and ready without my coffee ... and NO ONE wants to see me before I am dressed and properly caffeinated !!

We are at CBR right now and we are loving it. The staff are amazing and the kids splash area is a big hit with our nearly 3 year old dd. we are in Barbados building 12 which is actually a great location. Close to the bus and custom house and only about a 5 min walk to old port royal. They are currently working on bldg 13

Getting closer!!! Just noticed in one of the older posts there are no microwaves in the room ... I think that should be OK but how do you think they would feel if we bring one? I know we are bringing the Keurig because there is no way I am getting up and ready without my coffee ... and NO ONE wants to see me before I am dressed and properly caffeinated !!

There are no microwaves in the rooms at the CBR. I'm not sure if it would be frowned upon to take a microwave. Maybe someone who has done it will share their experience. As far as the Keurig goes, I think that you'll be safe (as will others who wouldn't want to see your not properly caffeinated self :lmao:) taking it along.

We are at CBR right now and we are loving it. The staff are amazing and the kids splash area is a big hit with our nearly 3 year old dd. we are in Barbados building 12 which is actually a great location. Close to the bus and custom house and only about a 5 min walk to old port royal. They are currently working on bldg 13

Thanks so much for the update on where they are refurbwise. I hope that you continue to enjoy your stay.

Just back from a 5 night stay. Stayed in Barbados building 11. It was a refurbed room with queen beds . Didn't have the Murphy bed but didn't need one so no worries. Walk to bus stop and customs house very easy. A bit of a stroll to OPR but very scenic. Seemed like we spent a good deal of time waiting for buses (we usually stay deluxe and are spoiled by monorail and boat service). While it is a beautiful resort and the cast members were helpful, we probably won't stay here again just because of the location.

Thanks for your review! I can certainly see how someone could be spoiled by the monorail and boats.

My mother has traveled to WDW with us several times and she was able to get around the resort fairly easily despite having arthritis in her feet. She said that her favorite location was when we stayed in Jamaica 41.

Right now, all of Jamaica and Aruba are done and they are working on Barbados.

Thanks very much for the info :) I think I'll request Jamaica and Trinidad North just in case!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter