• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The New Caribbean Beach FAQ Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally, after starting at page 1 on Sunday afternoon, I am 100% caught up on this thread!

Hi everyone!:wave2:

I will be going down for Marathon weekend (1/9-1/13, for roll call!), and couldn't get a friday check in at Beach Club so ended up deciding to book a RO. As I registered for the marathon so late (last month! lol), a lot of the resorts are booked solid, including the values when I looked the other day. I saw CBR was still available, so I came on here and looked for a thread about it, as I really love the BC/YC thread. Wow, after reading all of your posts and seeing your pictures, I think I am in love! I used the 20% orbitz code to book us for the night of 1/9 at CBR last night!!

Now if only the next 87 days would just go faster... :sad2:

Touring Plans has a neat room finder page that you can use to view the location of certain type of rooms. Here's the link:

http://touringplans.com/hotel_maps/disneys-caribbean-beach-resort#

In my opinion, there aren't any buildings that I would consider to be more adult than others. Having said that, Jamaica, Aruba and the non-preferred Martinique buildings are all quick walks to the pool bar.

Thanks-Looks like it likes JAMAICA area for me...

I have read mixed comments regarding online request at check-in, versus adding a fax request as well? (And waiting until 5-7 days ahead of time ???) Do they even look at the faxes anymore? The TP room finder recommends specific rooms, which I would have no way to request via online though?

David

I have read mixed comments regarding online request at check-in, versus adding a fax request as well? (And waiting until 5-7 days ahead of time ???) Do they even look at the faxes anymore? The TP room finder recommends specific rooms, which I would have no way to request via online though?

David

We have stayed in Jamaica numerous times and like the location a lot. No real reason why because the villages are all laid out the same and are just different because of their color or location.

Until just recently, I would have told you that it wouldn't do any good to send a fax. But, some have reported that they faxed in requests and they were met.

I always call and ask that my requests be noted on my reservation.

Does anyone know if it is possible to get a microwave in your room? Thanks! 9 more days!!!

You can at POR. There are a limited number and they go to medical needs first. I don't know for sure that CBR is the same but I wouldn't be surprised if they were.

Can anyone who is currently there or someone who has been recently inform me on if you can leave the fan/blower on the a/c unit all night? Our whole family is used to sleeping with the noise of a fan at night. If not, I'll order one on amazon and have it shipped to the resort. TYIA!

David

Was there 3weeks ago. I did my request in online check in and then called 5 days before check in. I got my request of Jamaica 45! Loved the new rooms & the location!

Can anyone who is currently there or someone who has been recently inform me on if you can leave the fan/blower on the a/c unit all night? Our whole family is used to sleeping with the noise of a fan at night. If not, I'll order one on amazon and have it shipped to the resort. TYIA!

We stayed in a Pirate room last week and the AC/Fan was on all night. There have been some reports that AC units in the refurbished rooms (Jamaica, Aruba, Barbados, etc.) are motion censor and have shut off during the night. Although all rooms have ceiling fans, if that is enough white noise for you.

Was there 3weeks ago. I did my request in online check in and then called 5 days before check in. I got my request of Jamaica 45! Loved the new rooms & the location!

Thank you...TouringPlans recommended #4248,4249, or 4252...which I can assume is in Building #42?? I have already checked in with 1) Waterview and 2) Jamaica Bldg. as my two requests..

David

does anyone know the rhyme/reason of which refurb rooms have murphy beds, mixed in each bldg or just certain bldgs, I have a preferred reservation so am nervous I will not get a refurb room for 11/18 arrival, have any preferred locations been worked on yet??

Has anyone heard when they will start allowing to book for a party of 5 at CBR? I'd really like to book and am getting nervous I won't have a good choice if I have to wait much longer. We are planning to go dec 2015.

Can anyone tell me which specific building (numbers) have been refurbished and have queen beds? Going in January for the Marathon and trying to figure out where I want to make my request.

Thanks!!

does anyone know the rhyme/reason of which refurb rooms have murphy beds, mixed in each bldg or just certain bldgs, I have a preferred reservation so am nervous I will not get a refurb room for 11/18 arrival, have any preferred locations been worked on yet??

No, the preferred locations probably won't be started until December. Right now they are working on Barbados, then they will start Martinique end of November/beginning of December. It seems the murphy beds are mixed in each building, but I don't know of any certain pattern or anything right now.

Has anyone heard when they will start allowing to book for a party of 5 at CBR? I'd really like to book and am getting nervous I won't have a good choice if I have to wait much longer. We are planning to go dec 2015.

What we heard from a few CMs so far is not until spring.

Can anyone tell me which specific building (numbers) have been refurbished and have queen beds? Going in January for the Marathon and trying to figure out where I want to make my request.

Thanks!!

So far all of Jamaica and Aruba are done (41-46 and 51-56). They are working on Barbados now but I don't if any of the buildings are done yet. I know they started with 11 so if any are done in Barbados yet it would be that building.

Hey guys! I'm in the process of checking in online (60 days!!!) and I was hoping to get some opinions on room requests. I've requested Jamaica and corner room currently... thinking of changing the corner to water view. Does anyone have a preference of one over the other? My main concern is being on the balcony with cigarette smoke (non-smoker with bad allergies) if that is a concern with the water view rooms. Any truth to this? This will be my husband and I's first trip together :lovestruc and I'd like to make sure we get all the pixie dust we can. He's never been to Disney (thought it was for kids) and I haven't been since I was about 8... 20 years ago. Need a little help. Thanks!

Also - does anyone have suggestions on an inexpensive place to stay the night before check-in that is near CBR? We plan to drive down the day before our reservation starts to tour the resort decorations and take the wagon ride through FW to see the Christmas lights, but want to be able to get to the resort and check-in early the next morning and be to HS for rope drop. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter