• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The New Caribbean Beach FAQ Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
we just got back. we were in Jamaica 45. Great room and location. Our tub drained slowly too, but wasn't a 'problem'. But our room was always clean and beds always made. Got a few animals, but nothing amazing. Last time we stayed we all got the stomach bug. Thank goodness this time we were healthy. Wish the same was true for the people staying in the room above us. Someone sure was sick - all night we heard the toilet flush. It didn't bother us, I just felt sad for them. Others on the bus were talking about how they, or family members, had the stomach bug. Goodness Disney, do some deep cleaning! No pink eye here, thank god!! I think next time we will try a different resort. CBR is great, kids loved the pool. I'm just ready to try something new. I think we'll skip a year as well. We went with a 20 mo old and a 5 year old. the age split was tough as the 20mo old was 'done' by 11 - the heat and stimulation really got to her, and the 5 year old could have gone much longer. we often had to split up the family. which was fine too - we got some quality one on one time with the kids. hope everyone enjoys their time at Disney!!

We are here now and are LOVING IT!!! We step right out of our room in Martinique building 25 and can watch the fireworks at Epcot. Love that the games are free in the game room when the weather is not cooperating, always activities for ds (6yrs), and the atmosphere is just amazing.

We leave on Sunday bright and early and have a stroller we purchased for this trip specifically that we are going to sell. It's first years jet, holds up to 50lbs (our son is over 50 though), has a small basket underneath, drink holder and a canopy. We paid $50 for it and were going to ask $30. If anyone will be here Saturday and would want to buy it, saves a lot of money renting!

Is there a BB offer at CBR right now? I'm seeing in other threads on the DIS that people aren't seeing the offer in their welcome packet.

Recently, it was FD for Aug 20-Oct 2, 2015. Call extension 8844 from your room phone, prior to check out, and ask what the current BB offer is. You can book a BB without the information being in your room.

I would ask for a deep clean no matter what section you are assigned since it seems to be going around the whole resort.

Yikes! I am super worried about all these germies people are talking about! I am usually not a germaphobe, but when traveling with a 20 month old who like to touch, crawl, and climb EVERYWHERE, I am a little concerned. Who would you contact about a 'deep clean'. I put in our online check in to be in Jamaica (but didn't see a spot to specify building number). I plan to fax this Saturday our request for Jamaica 45. Should I include it on there that we would like a good scrubbing? I hate to be a pain in the tush, but yikes! Will def be packing those Chlorox wipes now!

... but she workde her magic and got us a room in Matinique. we were willing to sowngrade to a 2 double bed room instead of a king (it's just us 2) and she even called back to let me know it wouldn't be a refurbed room.

I was so happy! "ooh !you mean I get a bright, cheery nemo room!? that's fine!"

We were in Martenique as well & I think we passed you and Nebo a couple of times. I didn't say anything because I didn't want to look like a stalker :lmao: I hope your stay was good, because one of the times Nebo didn't look like he was feeling too hot.

I checked into Caribbean Beach Resort on 9/18 with my parents, sister, brother-in-law and my family (husband and 3 kids). We all got sick on this trip. DD 8.5 was first with the stomach thing, I was next also with stomach thing, son and other DD 9 and then my husband, parents and finally my sister and her husband (2 days before we checked out). I also got pink eye 2 days before we checked out. If everyone keeps getting sick at this resort should they not go about disinfecting the rooms more in some way. Most of the people I talked to said they it was going around the resort.

We checked in on the 20th & got the tummy bug too. However, we know our room was disinfected because after mousekeeping got through with it on the day after DH was over the worst of it, the entire room smelled like clorox! I'm sorry you didn't have the best experience, but if everyone loved the same resort, we'd be complaining that we didn't have a good experience from overcrowding!

Building 25 doesn't seem to have been refurbed yet: and our room was showing some signs of wear - there was a bubble in the carpet. Also there was a note on the AC unit that said that it was controlled by the wall unit...it was not, or at least not in anyway we could see. We finally just used the old dials and it worked just fine.

I'm the Almond Milk girl and can absolutely let everyone know: all the milk alternatives on property are soy. Bring your own if you need that milk.

I came to the conclusion during this trip that one of the reasons I love CBR so much is the wild life (yeah, I figure I'm in the minority here) but I love the little lizards, the rabbits, the cranes, the ducks - even the snails and frog which were firsts for us this year. It makes me pleased to think that wildlife is taking advantage of this fairly safe haven Disney has created.

DisneyRunner2009 said:
Recently, it was FD for Aug 20-Oct 2, 2015. Call extension 8844 from your room phone, prior to check out, and ask what the current BB offer is. You can book a BB without the information being in your room.

It's in the folder that you find in your room, in the middle of the book.

we were building 25 from sept 20-28. we all came home sick, on our check in day we had to call housekeeping for new bedding because when we pulled the sheets and blanket back to get comfy...........we found the previous tenants underwear :scared1:

we were building 25 from sept 20-28. we all came home sick, on our check in day we had to call housekeeping for new bedding because when we pulled the sheets and blanket back to get comfy...........we found the previous tenants underwear :scared1:

To everyone who is getting sick... is it the pukes or the other end? How long is it lasting? We arrive tomorrow with plenty of hand sa itizer and disinfecting wipes.

For us, it was pink eye and some lower GI disturbances. The GI stuff wasn't as bad for us, but still there. We are STILL driving home and won't get there for another 6 hours at least...all thanks to pink eye which made us skip our 2 hour flight.

We were in Jamaica 46. I even called mousekeeping and told them I wanted all the linens changed and the room disinfected I just don't think it got through all the way. Oh well put this trip behind and move onto planning the next trip 4 or 5 years from now either Coronado Springs or I would really love to stay at the Treehouse Villas at Saratoga Springs. We'll see how much I can sock away and get in points (Disney Visa Card) between now and then. May try October also it was really hot and humid and rainy this trip. My cousin lives down there and says it is like a switch gets flicked in October and it cools off and doesn't rain as much.

you should check into renting DVC points if you want to stay at the treehouses! there is a rental section on the DVC board here on the dis.

We were in Martenique as well & I think we passed you and Nebo a couple of times. I didn't say anything because I didn't want to look like a stalker :lmao: I hope your stay was good, because one of the times Nebo didn't look like he was feeling too hot.

rats. I would have loved to talk to you guys! and as cheerful as Nebo is on the disboards, he kinda always looks a bit grumpy in person.:worried::rotfl:

(sorry, honey) actually, he did take a major spill on our first disney night. I think he might post about it over on ponzie's niagra fallls thread on the community board. (honestly, he was also getting kinda depressed about how little he can see at night now...:sad2:) but he always gets happy and excited when peopel recognize him.

we were actually supposed to have a dismeet with MHSweb and her hubby, but it was right after his major spill , and instead of going to MK as planned, we just took it easy at the pool until it was time for our dinnet at liberty tree.

To everyone who is getting sick... is it the pukes or the other end? How long is it lasting? We arrive tomorrow with plenty of hand sa itizer and disinfecting wipes.

We had both ends but the icing on the cake was the pink eye. I used Clorox wipes on everything and it still spread to all of us.

Well scratch my previous post. 2 different rooms in Martinique now have family members violently sick. Came on within an hour of starting to feel icky.

we were in jamaica one night, the 19th, and then 7 nights in Martinique. no sickness at all.

(although I will not mention this to DH. he might "suddenly" get sick ;))

I have to be up in 2 hours to get ready to leave for airport and all I can think about is trying to keep our family from getting sick. Or pinkeye.

Not the kind of sleeplessness I was expecting the night before WDW....:sick:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter