• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The New Caribbean Beach FAQ Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
We check out tomorrow :(. My kids just found the paper about the treasure hunt and are upset because we won't have time to get all the answers. Anyone want to help them cheat? Lol. What is the "treasure" for completing it? We are sad to leave, but my poor toddler got pink eye today so she is quarantined anyhow. I'm sure it is now just a matter of time before the rest of the family gets it.

I am intrigued by this treasure hunt that you speak of, please tell me more about this. This would be something my kids would have fun doing when we are there in March :goodvibes.

Has anyone been able to book a room with a murphy bed for next year? We are a family of 5 plus an infant and are thinking of booking at CBR for the first time....but anytime I check online for rates for next fall, CBR is not an option. It doesn't say our party size exceeds the room, but instead says promotion not available at this time (which is strange, since I'm not booking a promotion at all right now....).

Anyhow, just wondering if any other families of 5 have been able to book CBR yet....thanks!

Not sure how to really post since this is my first one. I've been a long time lurker and info gatherer but after just returning after 8 days at CBR (also my 19th trip to the world) I felt compelled to write that I will never return to this resort. Not sure where to start without tears welling up. I'll start with room requests: I requested a connecting room and ground floor. Ground was noted for medical reasons due to my father in a scooter and my daughter who was suppose to be on crutches until the middle of our trip with a sprained ankle. I had requested online Jamaica or Aruba as close to the footbridge as possible (this was also sent in previous to the announcement of the refurbed rooms through our travel agent). I also sent in a fax the previous week asking to please consider our requests to help make mobility slightly easier for my 8 year old. We checked in last Saturday to be told we were in Barbados in building 16 in the farthest room away from not only the food court but also the bus stop. After asking to be moved closer if possible even will to pay for an upgrade if possible. I was told by a extremely rude CM it was not possible due to the resort being 100% capacity. This was even though he was checking me in at 10 am with the room ready. I had not let it get to me and was determined to not let it spoil my fun.

What did was the Mousekeeper that I ended up with. My room still had hair on the toilet when I first arrived from the previous guest. I left a note for mousekeeping the first day. Needless to say I finally had to clean it myself. I was lucky to get basic refills daily. Even when concierge sent a bag over it still wasn't correct. My beds were never truly made. The extra blanket that I had requested was thrown over the bed with the colorful runner under it daily. Requested clean sheets after my daughter lost a tooth and got blood on the sheets, needless to say when I checked out it was still there. Sinks were never cleaned and room never vacuumed. No towel animals or set up of stuffed animals. I had to stop tipping and by Thursday I was up at the custom house with the Resort Manager with pictures. There were others I spoke with who also were have a tough time and others who had no problems. After this experience we have decided to try out a deluxe. Hope everyone headed to CBR has a better experience than ours.

I am so sorry to here about your experience. wish I could have talked to you on your check in day.
we, too, were unhappy with our room assignment. we requested "close to food court" and "water view" (we had booked a king room, only because that was all that was available for the "free" dining promotion.)

well, the 1st room they offered was aruba, way over on the barbados side.. so we accepted a room in Jamaica. seemed like a good room to us.

well, hubby has very low vision, and it was an interior corner room.. hardyl any light at all.. very dark... and kind of far from the bus, and the pool. we thought we would try to make it work.

I thoug about it for about an hour, and thought .. "ho, we are here for 8 nights, I'm going to try to see what I can do"

well, rather than walk all the way to concierge at Old Port Royale, or take a bus to the custom house, I called the Front desk from the room and they hooked me up with the room assigners

now these peopel are NOT at CBR. but they ar ethe ones "playing Tetris" with all the rooms and people at all the resorts. this gal Christine was the BEST!!!!!

she could not help me out for that night (did you know you can switch rooms after one or two nights?) but she workde her magic and got us a room in Matinique. we were willing to sowngrade to a 2 double bed room instead of a king (it's just us 2) and she even called back to let me know it wouldn't be a refurbed room.

I was so happy! "ooh !you mean I get a bright, cheery nemo room!? that's fine!"

anyway, we were happy, and the point is:

if you are unhapy with your room when you get to it, try to call and talk to the actual room assigners. (these are the people the check in people go back to call anyway) and if they can't do anything that day, if the trip is more than a few days and you are really unhappy, see if you can change rooms. the transition was really smooth!

I am so sorry to here about your experience. wish I could have talked to you on your check in day.
we, too, were unhappy with our room assignment. we requested "close to food court" and "water view" (we had booked a king room, only because that was all that was available for the "free" dining promotion.)

well, the 1st room they offered was aruba, way over on the barbados side.. so we accepted a room in Jamaica. seemed like a good room to us.

well, hubby has very low vision, and it was an interior corner room.. hardyl any light at all.. very dark... and kind of far from the bus, and the pool. we thought we would try to make it work.

I thoug about it for about an hour, and thought .. "ho, we are here for 8 nights, I'm going to try to see what I can do"

well, rather than walk all the way to concierge at Old Port Royale, or take a bus to the custom house, I called the Front desk from the room and they hooked me up with the room assigners

now these peopel are NOT at CBR. but they ar ethe ones "playing Tetris" with all the rooms and people at all the resorts. this gal Christine was the BEST!!!!!

she could not help me out for that night (did you know you can switch rooms after one or two nights?) but she workde her magic and got us a room in Matinique. we were willing to sowngrade to a 2 double bed room instead of a king (it's just us 2) and she even called back to let me know it wouldn't be a refurbed room.

I was so happy! "ooh !you mean I get a bright, cheery nemo room!? that's fine!"

anyway, we were happy, and the point is:

if you are unhapy with your room when you get to it, try to call and talk to the actual room assigners. (these are the people the check in people go back to call anyway) and if they can't do anything that day, if the trip is more than a few days and you are really unhappy, see if you can change rooms. the transition was really smooth!

I really wish I had known that. I had just assumed because I was told very firmly the resort was at 100% that nothing could have been done. I never even thought about calling the room assignment people. I figured they would have known with the notes on my reservation, a call from my agent and the addition fax that location was important for medical issues. I'll have to remember that I can call. I never had issues with room assignments in the past so this was a new one for me. This was one thing I thought I could get over for the 8 days we were there. The poor housekeeping just added salt to the wound I guess. I'm sad because I really wanted to like this resort because I felt the tropical "feel" would have suited us nicely.

Do I fax and what is number? I paid for preferred room but would rather have refurb close to food and buses? Should I request a specific room? Which one? Thanks! So excited! Bummed that I have no discounts!

Do I fax and what is number? I paid for preferred room but would rather have refurb close to food and buses? Should I request a specific room? Which one? Thanks! So excited! Bummed that I have no discounts!

The fax # I have is 407-934-2736. Can someone confirm that is the correct #?

We are in the same boat. We check in Nov. 15th, and I highly doubt the preferred rooms will be done when we get there. I would LOVE a refurbished room with a murphy bed, and wouldn't mind down-grading, but I would only really want to be in Jamaica 45 or Aruba 51. I wonder what my chances are of that happening?

We are in the same boat. We check in Nov. 15th, and I highly doubt the preferred rooms will be done when we get there. I would LOVE a refurbished room with a murphy bed, and wouldn't mind down-grading, but I would only really want to be in Jamaica 45 or Aruba 51. I wonder what my chances are of that happening?
I asked Uncle Google and found 4 different fax numbers for CBR, yours is one of them.

The odds of it will solely depend on how busy the resort is from the night before - how many people are checking out vs. arriving, etc. Ironically, we also check in on 11/15 and have requested Jamaica 45 or Aruba 51 ;)

We didn't do the treasure hunt because the kids were sick, but the concierge have them the treasure anyhow. It was a paper with questions about the resort. The prizes were pirate themed. They got a pirate bandana and two bags of fake jewels. Pretty good prizes. We had to cancel our flight due to two kids with pink eye. We had to rent a car and are now driving 16 hours home with 3 kids under 8 crammed into a Camry. Not how we wanted the trip to end. :(

I checked into Caribbean Beach Resort on 9/18 with my parents, sister, brother-in-law and my family (husband and 3 kids). We all got sick on this trip. DD 8.5 was first with the stomach thing, I was next also with stomach thing, son and other DD 9 and then my husband, parents and finally my sister and her husband (2 days before we checked out). I also got pink eye 2 days before we checked out. If everyone keeps getting sick at this resort should they not go about disinfecting the rooms more in some way. Most of the people I talked to said they it was going around the resort. I even packed my own Clorox Wipes to disinfect the room and it didn't help. My hands were so chapped from washing I needed to lather up with lotion. We stayed in Jamaica which has been refurbed Mousekeeping seems to be trying to keep these rooms cleaner since they are new but I think they need stronger cleaning agents or something. My other complaint was my tub did not drain properly left note for Mousekeeping but eventually had to clean it out myself, found pieces of MDF or something like that in the drain from the rehab makes me think these rooms were never really cleaned well after the rehab. Will not stay here again for a looooooooooooooong time probably going back to our favorite moderate so far Coronado Springs, at least I can get a table and hot meal from quick service there the tip is worth it.

Has anyone been able to book a room with a murphy bed for next year? We are a family of 5 plus an infant and are thinking of booking at CBR for the first time....but anytime I check online for rates for next fall, CBR is not an option. It doesn't say our party size exceeds the room, but instead says promotion not available at this time (which is strange, since I'm not booking a promotion at all right now....).

Anyhow, just wondering if any other families of 5 have been able to book CBR yet....thanks!

We are in the same boat as you. I would love to try CBR. I keep thinking parties of 5 won't be able to book until the renovation is complete, estimated to be by the new year.
I have no inside knowledge just a 'guesstimation'. I figure construction time lines can be unpredictable and repeatedly messing with the reservation system to allow for the current number of '5 rooms' would be time consuming.

We are in the same boat as you. I would love to try CBR. I keep thinking parties of 5 won't be able to book until the renovation is complete, estimated to be by the new year.
I have no inside knowledge just a 'guesstimation'. I figure construction time lines can be unpredictable and repeatedly messing with the reservation system to allow for the current number of '5 rooms' would be time consuming.

I just returned on Sunday from a 10 day trip. The murphy bed was wonderful our girls each took turns sleeping on it and loved it. The only problem with these rooms is now a complete lack of storage. You have 2 deep drawers and 3 shallow and short drawers and that is it. I had to be creative with how I arranged clothes for 5 people for 10 days and then stored luggage. My son was in a pack n play so that took up some room but storage space is seriously lacking.

We stayed in Jamaica too, in building 44. I feel bad for whoever gets our room next as my kids touched nearly every surface in the room. I let them know my kids have pink eye before we left. Hopefully they will disinfect. I'm so sorry that you has stomach viruses as well :(

We stayed in Jamaica too, in building 44. I feel bad for whoever gets our room next as my kids touched nearly every surface in the room. I let them know my kids have pink eye before we left. Hopefully they will disinfect. I'm so sorry that you has stomach viruses as well :(

We were in Jamaica 46. I even called mousekeeping and told them I wanted all the linens changed and the room disinfected I just don't think it got through all the way. Oh well put this trip behind and move onto planning the next trip 4 or 5 years from now either Coronado Springs or I would really love to stay at the Treehouse Villas at Saratoga Springs. We'll see how much I can sock away and get in points (Disney Visa Card) between now and then. May try October also it was really hot and humid and rainy this trip. My cousin lives down there and says it is like a switch gets flicked in October and it cools off and doesn't rain as much.

hope your all better now, shame that you got ill while way on your hols

im now worried as thats the section we have asked for, shall i ring and ask for a deep clean?

hope your all better now, shame that you got ill while way on your hols

im now worried as thats the section we have asked for, shall i ring and ask for a deep clean?

I would ask for a deep clean no matter what section you are assigned since it seems to be going around the whole resort.

Anyone else have pink eye?? I wonder if our kids got it from the main pool. Our eyes are itchy now too, I bet we will get it too...yuck!

Anyone else have pink eye?? I wonder if our kids got it from the main pool. Our eyes are itchy now too, I bet we will get it too...yuck!

My girls swam in the main pool, but I didn't. I actually didn't swim anywhere and ended up with it. Only me no one has it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter