The New Caribbean Beach FAQ Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
dis_guy said:
I saw the notice on the United website. A fire in the ATC center! What are the chances of that happening? So glad to hear that you guys are being looked after. :)

Second time in the last six months at the same location.......

Is the resort really as full as it seems? We check in on Wednesday night and will be there for the tower of terror run. I can assume the run just adds more people into the resorts. Has anyone been bumped? A little concerned due to our very late check in.

Thanks

When we checked in last week for our stay, front desk said the resort was at capacity.

Wishing that everyone gets at least one of their requests.

Roll Call us !!!

Myself and DW, CBR may 3 - 15 !!!

Couldn't be more stoked, still hoping for a discount though ! :)

Any update on the kids pool? Hope you are having a great time!!

Sorry about the delay. We have had a busy 24 hours but the next few days should be pretty easy now. As for the kiddie pool I didn't see it open yet as of yesterday. I will check in again in the morning when we head to old port royale.

That's the same reservation as us, Sat Oct 25 room only then package starts Sunday :) Can't wait!

I have close and audit starting on Nov 3 so we couldn't stay past that Saturday. Sunday to Saturday wasn't long enough so we added one night of room only. We have preferred rooms on both reservations; we are hoping that we get the same room room so we don't have to move.

We stayed at POR the last two times so we are looking forward to trying CBR

Stace

Just back last night from 7 nights at CBR! Had a great trip! We requested Jamaica 45 by online check in and by calling 5 days before and got it ! Was very happy with the location. I did not think the resort was that busy. I thought it was very quiet. It did rain almost everyday. Usually by late afternoon. Some days it stopped for a rain free night but other nights the rain lingered the whole night. It was annoying but manageable. Was glad we brought a bunch of disposable ponchos and a small umbrella. The worst part of he trip was the issue we had our first night trying to get our dining plan to work. It look about 2 hours to straighten out so after traveling that day we were a bit cranky about it. They ended up giving us dinner for free that night plus a $50 resort credit for our inconvenience. I was happy with that! Overall we like CBR but I still think POR is my favorite. Would stay at CBR again though!!!

We just got home last night too, from a 7-night stay at CBR. We were in Jamaica 43, a corner room on the 2nd floor. The 2nd floor was a bit of a pain with the stroller but we managed. (I did request 2nd floor originally, as I thought it'd be quieter, but called to change my request to 1st floor. A CM with an iPad checked us in when we arrived, and I asked him what section we were in before he went to get the paperwork but didn't think to ask about the floor.)

The resort is beautiful and DD loved the pool and the slides. We were very close to the bus stop and a short walk over the bridge to OPR. My only "complaint" is that the size of the resort makes the bus service seem slow, with all the internal stops. After about the 2nd day, if Jamaica wasn't the first stop on the way back we started getting off at OPR and walking.

We also had a slightly stressful check out day - bell services was supposed to pick us up at 10:15am but he didn't arrive until about 10:30 because they were so busy. We were scheduled for an 11:25 Magical Express and there was a looong line at the resort airline check in. We were told by a very apologetic CM when we arrived that we might not be able to check our bags there if we didn't get to the front of the line before our bus arrived. Then we'd have to take our bags with us on the bus and check them at the airport. We had 4 suitcases and a carseat so this was really not ideal. However, a couple of great CMs took care of us, pulling us aside when we got to the weigh station and checked our IDs right there so we could be on our way faster.

Overall we had a wonderful stay. We're trying AoA next year, but we'd definitely consider CBR for future trips.

Hey y'all!

First post for this normal lurker! ;) Add us (me, DH & DS2) to the list please. Nov 9 - 16 2014. This will be a first time trip for both DS and myself. Can't wait! :hyper:

Just back last night from 7 nights at CBR! Had a great trip! We requested Jamaica 45 by online check in and by calling 5 days before and got it ! Was very happy with the location. I did not think the resort was that busy. I thought it was very quiet. It did rain almost everyday. Usually by late afternoon. Some days it stopped for a rain free night but other nights the rain lingered the whole night. It was annoying but manageable. Was glad we brought a bunch of disposable ponchos and a small umbrella. The worst part of he trip was the issue we had our first night trying to get our dining plan to work. It look about 2 hours to straighten out so after traveling that day we were a bit cranky about it. They ended up giving us dinner for free that night plus a $50 resort credit for our inconvenience. I was happy with that! Overall we like CBR but I still think POR is my favorite. Would stay at CBR again though!!!

What a great attitude! I have been watching the weather and saw that it had been raining daily - I admire you for taking it in stride :thumbsup2

We will be at CBR in about 48 hours! The weather is a bit concerning but hoping it is just the short storms/downpours Florida is famous for. All 4 of us are battling sickness (thanks school germs) so looking forward to some hot humid air to kick this out of our systems.

Is the resort still at capacity? Just wondering if anyone is getting their requests. We are pretty easy going (even willing to be "bumped" to a pirate room) but wondering how the crowds are in the morning at OPR and at bus stops.

We checked in Friday night and got our room request(a refurb room). We are in Aruba 56. Quick walk to the bus and has been very quiet. We haven't checked out the rest of the resort yet.
It has rained several times, but nothing that lasted long, mainly light sprinkling with the occasional quick downpour. The only time we got anything sustained was when we left HS last night at the end of EMH. Which was also tge only time we didn't bring our ponchos, lol.
The colors in the room are not as drab as the pictures seem. It's very rich and warm!

Does anyone know if I can call the resort the day we leave to find out what kind of room we are in? If we aren't in a refurb room, we are going to bring an air bed. Would rather not have to pack it if I don't need to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter