The New Caribbean Beach FAQ Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just realized we will probably need to get a cab from AKL on Sat 10/4 back to CBR. We have a 6:20 dinner reservation at BOMA and AK closes as 7:00pm that day.

I guess we could get a bus to DHS to another park and then come back to resort... but I think we will be ready to pay a cab at that point. Any ideas where we would request at AKL? The concierge? Ideas about approx cost from AKL to CBR?

Just realized we will probably need to get a cab from AKL on Sat 10/4 back to CBR. We have a 6:20 dinner reservation at BOMA and AK closes as 7:00pm that day.

I guess we could get a bus to DHS to another park and then come back to resort... but I think we will be ready to pay a cab at that point. Any ideas where we would request at AKL? The concierge? Ideas about approx cost from AKL to CBR?

Either the Concierge or Bell Services. It should be ~$15.

So I have what may be a dumb question. By "pod" type coffee pots, do you mean the kind that you throw the little bags in, or similar to a keurig?

That's very odd, because our room definitely had those plastic pods with the coffee in it!

We had a sealed filter bag of coffee a couple of years ago when we stayed overnight at AKL renting DVC points.

Please add us to the roll call!

Family of four, me (mom), DH, DD11 and DS9!!

Staying from December 21st to the 28th and it's our first time at a moderate resort. We have stayed offsite, at Pop Century and have rented DVC points for a split stay at AKL and SSR.

I booked back in May and got the free dining deal, but since we weren't absolutely certain we were going to be able to pull the money together (we went on a 12 day Mediterranean cruise in July and that drained the bank account :lmao: ) I didn't want to say anything until now.

With a whole lot of determination and some ridiculously creative budgeting, I am finally able to definitively say that we are indeed able to afford this trip! :yay::yay::yay:

With a whole lot of determination and some ridiculously creative budgeting, I am finally able to definitively say that we are indeed able to afford this trip! :yay::yay::yay:

Congrats! We were sort of int he same boat...back in January it didn't look good for going...and by March it was cancelled...then in May, I just kept running the numbers and we booked crossing our fingers we could tighten enough belts...then moving our dates for free dining and upgrading to CBR while saving $400 helped...not sure we would have made it, already cutting it close now, but in the home stretch.

But that just makes the vacation feel all that much better.

excited to see that the remod. has Jamaica and Aruba done-we requested rooms in building 51(Aruba) it is nice to walk across to the Towne Center. we aren't that picky other than my DS wanting a place to "work out" as if we don't walk a ton and he can run on the paths! We have been looking forward to this trip as our "getaway" from the empty Christmas we will be feeling. Thought a nice trip to Disney over Xmas before one DS grads from college next fall and one DS is a senior this year-will most likely be the last full family vacation :( hard for me to believe. We will also be taking a small trip to either Sarasota or Clear Water to see family. only 87 days til check ins!:cool1:

Hello fellow CBRers! Please add us to the roll call as well. We're excited to be goind November 15-22nd! Our 3&5 year old DD's are Disney obsessed! Can't wait to back in the World and to check out CBR forthe first time!:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

7 days for us too!!!! Pixie dust for some good weather. The current forecasts are making me nervous. I want sunshine and a piña colava poolside :/

Hi everyone. We are "stuck" at CBR another two days due to the airport shenanigans in Chicago. The staff has been AMAZING, we even get to stay in our same room! They offered a small discount to people who were affected which is greatly appreciated. We have trip insurance so we aren't worried about expenses at this point. Just wanted to let you all know the front desk staff really went above and beyond!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Hi everyone. We are "stuck" at CBR another two days due to the airport shenanigans in Chicago. The staff has been AMAZING, we even get to stay in our same room! They offered a small discount to people who were affected which is greatly appreciated. We have trip insurance so we aren't worried about expenses at this point. Just wanted to let you all know the front desk staff really went above and beyond!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I'd love to be "stuck" in WDW! :lmao:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter