• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The New Caribbean Beach FAQ Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
I check in in nine days...but I leave in 8!!!!! I so can't wait!

We leave in 9 and check-in on 10 days. So much to do, so little time, but am SOOOO looking forward to those beaches and cheery buildings!

Supposed to check in in 16 days - but DD8 has injured her knee (she's a gymnast) at this point her knee is immobilized, we follow up 3 days before check in, we need some pixie dust to get the all clear or we will be rescheduling :-(

If you've got some extra good vibes please send them our way for my poor little princess... Trip reschedule or not she's not a happy camper when she can't run and flip and jump!

Pixie wishes for your little acrobat!

We spent all last week at CBR. I left very impressed. I came in with some low expectations just based on reviews. The cast members were very friendly (like extra, go out of your way friendly). One of the bell hops gave us 13 FP+ tickets for our first day at the park (party of six), which was some nice pixie dust to start the trip.

The only thing I was disappointed by (and it's not even that big of a deal) is the mousekeeping didn't do anything special in our room besides make the beds and give us new towels. Last year at Riverside they always did something special with my daughters stuffed animals or do some nice towel arrangements.

Again, very little thing, no big deal. Would stay there again!

Do they have fruit in the Grab and Go section? My DD's are not big breakfast eaters but love fruit or a muffin in the AM!

Yes. Was there just last week and I know they had bananas and apples. There are a lot of quick options in the Grab and Go!

My family will be heading to CBR next week & I am about to burst! It is a surprise vacation for our children & it will be their first visit. I just want to say a big thank you to everyone who shares Info, advise & excitement. The DISboards have been extremely helpful during our trip planning. Most specifically the CBR thread.

I am planning on decorating our window for extra magic for the kids. Are the outside room doors @ CBR metal? I would like to take my magnet wreath holder. Secondly, I have read that there is a plug near the table but approx how far is it from the windows? Wondering if I need an extension cord for my window lights to make sure I can plug them in (will be using a timer).

Thank you for any help with this!

We spent all last week at CBR. I left very impressed. I came in with some low expectations just based on reviews. The cast members were very friendly (like extra, go out of your way friendly). One of the bell hops gave us 13 FP+ tickets for our first day at the park (party of six), which was some nice pixie dust to start the trip.

The only thing I was disappointed by (and it's not even that big of a deal) is the mousekeeping didn't do anything special in our room besides make the beds and give us new towels. Last year at Riverside they always did something special with my daughters stuffed animals or do some nice towel arrangements.

Again, very little thing, no big deal. Would stay there again!

I'm glad to hear that the resort exceeded your expectations. Unfortunately, the towel animals (or lack thereof) depends on the mousekeeper assigned to your room. Sometimes, we get a lot. Sometimes, we get just the one that's on the bed when we arrive.

My family will be heading to CBR next week & I am about to burst! It is a surprise vacation for our children & it will be their first visit. I just want to say a big thank you to everyone who shares Info, advise & excitement. The DISboards have been extremely helpful during our trip planning. Most specifically the CBR thread.

I am planning on decorating our window for extra magic for the kids. Are the outside room doors @ CBR metal? I would like to take my magnet wreath holder. Secondly, I have read that there is a plug near the table but approx how far is it from the windows? Wondering if I need an extension cord for my window lights to make sure I can plug them in (will be using a timer).

Thank you for any help with this!

I'm excited for you! Surprise trips are always wonderful! I am sure that somebody who has been there recently can answer your questions. I know about how they were prior to the refurb but an unsure now that some of the rooms have been changed.

Quick question, kind of off the wall: did anyone there notice almond milk in the grab-n-go? I saw Silk milk alternative in the first page of the thread, but it looked like the soy kind, which I do not like for a variety of reasons.

I don't usually want milk with things, but with my luck, I'll have a craving while I'm there and cow's milk is agreeing with me less and less.

Thanks!

Just checking this is sound logic: I have a 8:35am breakfast reservation for Crystal Palace our first morning, so when checking in the night before, I have a chat with a CM on the front desk about early breakfast buses. I read that you need to inform a CM you need one?

I'm planning on being at the bus stop (fingers crossed in Martinique) at around 7am. Hoping to be at MK at about 8am.

Just checking this is sound logic: I have a 8:35am breakfast reservation for Crystal Palace our first morning, so when checking in the night before, I have a chat with a CM on the front desk about early breakfast buses. I read that you need to inform a CM you need one? I'm planning on being at the bus stop (fingers crossed in Martinique) at around 7am. Hoping to be at MK at about 8am.

We had an 8:15 adr at Crystal Palace and had no problem getting a bus. They start running around 6:30 in the morning and there is no need to specifically ask for one. I think we left our room around 7:00 and were at the front gate by 7:45.

Just checking this is sound logic: I have a 8:35am breakfast reservation for Crystal Palace our first morning, so when checking in the night before, I have a chat with a CM on the front desk about early breakfast buses. I read that you need to inform a CM you need one?

I'm planning on being at the bus stop (fingers crossed in Martinique) at around 7am. Hoping to be at MK at about 8am.

We had one at 8:20am; we picked up a bus around 7:30 at Jamaica and got there in no time at all. They start running early.

Quick question, kind of off the wall: did anyone there notice almond milk in the grab-n-go? I saw Silk milk alternative in the first page of the thread, but it looked like the soy kind, which I do not like for a variety of reasons. I don't usually want milk with things, but with my luck, I'll have a craving while I'm there and cow's milk is agreeing with me less and less. Thanks!

When will you be there? I'll be there in two weeks and can check. I have a daughter that is dairy and soy free, so hoping for almond milk too!

Quick question, kind of off the wall: did anyone there notice almond milk in the grab-n-go? I saw Silk milk alternative in the first page of the thread, but it looked like the soy kind, which I do not like for a variety of reasons. I don't usually want milk with things, but with my luck, I'll have a craving while I'm there and cow's milk is agreeing with me less and less. Thanks!

What about bringing a few of the tetra pack almond milks with you?

I'd also like to hear what milk alternatives are available. We use either coconut milk or almond milk and also avoid the soy. If someone could check in the next few weeks that would be great! TIA! :-)

I'd also like to hear what milk alternatives are available. We use either coconut milk or almond milk and also avoid the soy. If someone could check in the next few weeks that would be great! TIA! :-)

There is a photo of a lot of the merchandise in the Grab'n'Go shop on page 1, I believe. However, I don't think I saw anything other than the basics there. They can't stock everything, to be fair. Again, I agree you're probably best taking you own - it'll be a heck of a lot cheaper, too!

Does anyone have a phone number that really gets you to the front desk at CBR? Sent a package, lost the tracking slip, want to check that it got there. Thanks.

Does anyone have a phone number that really gets you to the front desk at CBR? Sent a package, lost the tracking slip, want to check that it got there. Thanks.

This is posted on the "shipping packages to rooms" thread. 407-934-3400. Don't know if it's the actual resort or not.

I am getting ready to make my "requests" and wanted your opinions.

Would you rather stay at Jamaica or Aruba (pool/water view) or Martinique (pool/water view).

My dilema is that it sounds like Martinique won't be refurbished by the time we travel but the walking distance to food is desirable.

The queen beds at the refurbed buildings would be really nice but our family would also prefer close proximity to the food court if possible.

Are there buildings at Jamaica or Aruba (water/pool view) that are already refurbed that would also be a quick walking distance to the food court?

Thanks for your help?

only 11 more days!!

i couldn't tell from the pictures and i can't remember from our last trip - does the clock radio in the room have a 'noise machine' option? we are all white noise sleepers and would prefer not to have to pack one more thing. but it is a necessity in our house!!

omg did i mention only 11 more days?!?!?!? :cheer2:

HaveKidsWillTravel said:
only 11 more days!!

i couldn't tell from the pictures and i can't remember from our last trip - does the clock radio in the room have a 'noise machine' option? we are all white noise sleepers and would prefer not to have to pack one more thing. but it is a necessity in our house!!

omg did i mention only 11 more days?!?!?!? :cheer2:

The ones from before the refurb did, with several noise options. I don't know if that changed with the new rooms though.

The ones from before the refurb did, with several noise options. I don't know if that changed with the new rooms though.

We are here right now in Martinique and had to get a new alarm clock yesterday. They brought us a brand new one and it has ocean, brook and wield chime noise options.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter