The New Caribbean Beach FAQ Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm right there with you. I upgraded from a value because of the kiddie pool. Also have a 4 year old grandson. I'm thinking I may need to complain. I only upgraded 2 weeks ago with a CM on phone. I was very clear about the 4 year old. I should have been told about the kiddie pool being unavailable.

Thanks for letting me vent.
So I called and talked to guest services. He did offer that I could move to a different hotel if I wanted and keep my FD plan. The bad thing is that the ones I wanted are either several thousand more or not available so trying to decide what I really want to do.

There are other positive things about the location because my parents will be over at WBC so it is close to them and easy for my mom to pick us up or drop us off. I just feel bad because DD 4 would have loved the kids area and if she is not tall enough for the slide then it could be devasting for her to watch her sister be able to go down it and she have nothing. At least before I could have said that she had her own area and her sissy had hers.

I just feel bad because DD 4 would have loved the kids area and if she is not tall enough for the slide then it could be devasting for her to watch her sister be able to go down it and she have nothing. At least before I could have said that she had her own area and her sissy had hers.

Just an FYI, there is no height restrictions/requirements for the pool slides.

Like so many others this Summer, my house suffered storm damage a couple of weeks back. Nothing major and all should be back to normal by October 1 but it is distracting me from getting geeked up for our November trip!!!! Perhaps some pixie dust may help??? pixiedust:

Like so many others this Summer, my house suffered storm damage a couple of weeks back. Nothing major and all should be back to normal by October 1 but it is distracting me from getting geeked up for our November trip!!!! Perhaps some pixie dust may help??? pixiedust:

Major bummer! I can relate with you there ... our neighbours in what i can only assume was to them a stroke of genius, moved the cat litter box so it sits against a common wall. With all the wet, humid weather we've had this summer it has managed to somehow work it's way to OUR SIDE of the wall. We are not impressed since it means we can no longer have guests since we never know when it will stink!

So yeah, i know how it feels to being in the middle of re-arranged "stuff" that normally sits in the crawl space as i try to arrange the perfect VACA Let's just pray that the sky has dried up! Let me tell you though, all the pics of the renovated rooms have perked me right up!!

My sister check in earlier today, for one night. She requested a refurbished room and got building 45. Using the internet and her pictures, she got a great location. They will be heading to the gulf for a few days and then returning to POP. The CMs have given them great service.

Updates: The washers and dryers here are still using quarters.

I did not get a chance to go ask about the handicapped king/double rooms.

Here are two pictures of the dresser drawers. There are six drawers, and I am surprised at how deep they are. Plenty of room for a family of four in my opinion.
DSCN1626.JPG

DSCN1627.JPG

Also very pleased with this addition, on each nightstand. No more hunting for outlets, needing power strips to charge everything, or dealing with outlets in weird locations!
IMG_3891.JPG

Finally, the construction is really messing with parking. There are only 1.5 rows available in the Jamaica 41-42-43 lot, and the rest is filled with construction stuff and fences and permit only parking. Ended up parking all the way over by Jamaica 44-45 when I returned a bit after 10pm.:sad2:

Whoa, don't know where I've been, but I am really steamed about the splash area being closed. I think dh is even more mad than I am. We're going with a 5, 3, and 1 year old. No emails or anything?? Thanks, Disney. Dh is making a call. Not really sure what it will accomplish, but he's not a happy camper.

Whoa, don't know where I've been, but I am really steamed about the splash area being closed. I think dh is even more mad than I am. We're going with a 5, 3, and 1 year old. No emails or anything?? Thanks, Disney. Dh is making a call. Not really sure what it will accomplish, but he's not a happy camper.

we are ok since it is just huby and I.. but I admit,if we plan a trip with our grandkids, it will be a choice between the cheaper resort value with the kid friendly Icons, or the pricier CBR, with a theming they won't appreciate at all, but only for the water play area. I would be really steamed to find out it was closed at this late date. esp. after all the ADRs and fast passes were booked.

I just booked a 3 night stay at CBR for a quick trip in the first week of December. Im traveling with 3 adults and realized that we need queen beds. I know nothing is guaranteed, but its a standard view room, what are the odds that we can get a refurbished room? If its not looking good I need to switch to POFQ which means I lose my passholder discount :(

I just booked a 3 night stay at CBR for a quick trip in the first week of December. Im traveling with 3 adults and realized that we need queen beds. I know nothing is guaranteed, but its a standard view room, what are the odds that we can get a refurbished room? If its not looking good I need to switch to POFQ which means I lose my passholder discount :(

Can you pack along an air mattress, just in case you don't get the queen beds?

Here are two pictures of the dresser drawers. There are six drawers, and I am surprised at how deep they are. Plenty of room for a family of four in my opinion.
DSCN1626.JPG

DSCN1627.JPG

Also very pleased with this addition, on each nightstand. No more hunting for outlets, needing power strips to charge everything, or dealing with outlets in weird locations!
IMG_3891.JPG

Finally, the construction is really messing with parking. There are only 1.5 rows available in the Jamaica 41-42-43 lot, and the rest is filled with construction stuff and fences and permit only parking. Ended up parking all the way over by Jamaica 44-45 when I returned a bit after 10pm.:sad2:

Hello neighbor! Having fun?

Good morning!
I just told Hubby last night that we are going, it's paid, and all he has to do is get on the plane, the bus and then just eat. We have deluxe dining because Hubby is a stick but eats like a horse. Absolutely infuriating, but he will be happy.

This will be our first time away alone since May because our daughter had a traumatic brain injury and we are the caregivers while she recovers. She is just about 100%. It may sound selfish, but we really need a break, and this will be it. I want it to be as awesome as possible (like anyone doesn't?)

The CM requested Martinique, not TTB and close to Port Royale. Is this good? Since we got the free dining and upgraded to deluxe, I would prefer to keep the DDP. It is not available with the preferred rooms. The reason for the request to be close to PR is a handicap of my feet. I can walk early, but by the end of the day the Charcot Foot (check it out.... it's ugly), just slows me down and is very painful. I refuse to give in to it and get a scooter.

Any suggestions? This is our 10th visit, but first to CBR. I must defer to my DIS friends! :worship::worship::worship: Oh, anyone know when the refurb is supposed to be done? It would be nice to have queen beds, too. Hubby isn't generous with space, even after 33 years! (it's ALso an anniversary celebration). We'll be there Dec 17 - 23.

THANK you all for sharing your experience and knowledge.

:love:

DSCN1626.JPG

DSCN1627.JPG

IMG_3891.JPG

Thanks for the useful photos. Those drawers look pretty worn/dirty considering it's supposed to be a new refurbishment!! Where on earth did they get them from?!

Any chance you can take a photo of the fridge - which I assume is inside the middle cupboard?

Good morning!
I just told Hubby last night that we are going, it's paid, and all he has to do is get on the plane, the bus and then just eat. We have deluxe dining because Hubby is a stick but eats like a horse. Absolutely infuriating, but he will be happy.

This will be our first time away alone since May because our daughter had a traumatic brain injury and we are the caregivers while she recovers. She is just about 100%. It may sound selfish, but we really need a break, and this will be it. I want it to be as awesome as possible (like anyone doesn't?)

The CM requested Martinique, not TTB and close to Port Royale. Is this good? Since we got the free dining and upgraded to deluxe, I would prefer to keep the DDP. It is not available with the preferred rooms. The reason for the request to be close to PR is a handicap of my feet. I can walk early, but by the end of the day the Charcot Foot (check it out.... it's ugly), just slows me down and is very painful. I refuse to give in to it and get a scooter.

Any suggestions? This is our 10th visit, but first to CBR. I must defer to my DIS friends! :worship::worship::worship: Oh, anyone know when the refurb is supposed to be done? It would be nice to have queen beds, too. Hubby isn't generous with space, even after 33 years! (it's ALso an anniversary celebration). We'll be there Dec 17 - 23.

THANK you all for sharing your experience and knowledge.

:love:

the husband eats a lot but is a stick. :rotfl: Why is it men can eat anything they want, not check out the calories, and still look good???? Not fair, but thanks for the laugh! You are NOT being selfish at all! As caregivers, you need a break, even though your daughter is almost 100% now(congratulations:)), just to be able to give your all to her care;) I know if which I speak, being a retired RN . All that being said, we are going to CBR for the first time this November, my hubby and me, no kids. We are getting a king bed room in preferred which should be in Martinique, so you should be good to go:) If not, I'm sure they will take your request into consideration for a closer room. We booked with a Disney travel agent who knows we are mobility impaired, so she always gets us closer to food courts, buses, etc. I hope all goes well in December:lovestruc I will post about our visit in November, so be on the lookout for it:banana:

I was told yesterday that the Caribbean Beach 5 person rooms aren't completed yet! Reading here that people have stayed in them...... Hmmmm - guess I'll call back!

the husband eats a lot but is a stick. :rotfl: Why is it men can eat anything they want, not check out the calories, and still look good???? Not fair, but thanks for the laugh! You are NOT being selfish at all! As caregivers, you need a break, even though your daughter is almost 100% now(congratulations:)), just to be able to give your all to her care;) I know if which I speak, being a retired RN . All that being said, we are going to CBR for the first time this November, my hubby and me, no kids. We are getting a king bed room in preferred which should be in Martinique, so you should be good to go:) If not, I'm sure they will take your request into consideration for a closer room. We booked with a Disney travel agent who knows we are mobility impaired, so she always gets us closer to food courts, buses, etc. I hope all goes well in December:lovestruc I will post about our visit in November, so be on the lookout for it:banana:

Oh, Have FUN, and THANK you for understanding! Can't wait to hear about your adventures and relaxation.

I was told yesterday that the Caribbean Beach 5 person rooms aren't completed yet! Reading here that people have stayed in them...... Hmmmm - guess I'll call back!

There are some rooms that have the murphy bed complete in Jamaica now, and people have been staying in them, however, Disney has not made them actually available to book as yet. Those who have stayed in them have just been lucky. For now the only option is still POR for 5, but I do believe someone said many pages back that a CM on the phone said they should be able to book them toward the end of the year if I remember correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter