The New Caribbean Beach FAQ Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
No need to go to the Custom House. You have 2 options:

1.) Stop at the Concierge desk at OPR the day before and have them arrange a cab for you for the next morning.

2.) Call Bell Services the night before or the morning of 15 minutes before you'd like to be picked up.

Both of these will get you a cab picking you up at your building in the circular drive.

Be warned that you may get someone who will argue with you and tell you you need to go to the Custom House. That happened to me! Thankfully because of the Dis I knew better.

maxiesmom said:
Be warned that you may get someone who will argue with you and tell you you need to go to the Custom House. That happened to me! Thankfully because of the Dis I knew better.

Another win for the DIS!

I think and only my opinion is the reason why Disney has gone to white is for sanitary reason. With white you can add accessories to liven up a room. I have gone to white sheets because of this. I went thru chemo and wanted to keep our bedroom as clean as possible. My son who is 32 used to love color and still does has gone to white sheets. Says he loves the smell. Think about it adults and kids rolling all over the bedspread. True it's not as colorful but in this day and age of so many germs and all it is a great idea. Disney knows what's best they wouldn't have been in business this long if they didn't. Change is good. Think positive thoughts Life is Good

Speaking of cabs..............we have an 8:25am adr for breakfast at Ohana's. Should we cab this or can we grab a bus to ttc and then monorail over to the Poly? I'm not sure what time the buses start running :confused3

Speaking of cabs..............we have an 8:25am adr for breakfast at Ohana's. Should we cab this or can we grab a bus to ttc and then monorail over to the Poly? I'm not sure what time the buses start running :confused3

The buses start rolling at 6:30AM for early ADRs. There is no bus that goes from CBR to the TTC. So if you wanted to use Disney transportation you would need to take a bus over to MK then monorail or boat over to the Poly. The monorail is currently running a reduced schedule and doesn't start running until 8:30, I think. The boats start running an hour before MK opens so if it opens at 9 they start running at 8 and that would be cutting it too close for my liking. I would suggest a cab.

Make sure to check out the Transportation post, #8, on page #1.

Deb123 emailed more pictures to me last evening but Photobucket wasn't cooperating so I couldn't upload them until this morning.

Some of the condiments available on the drink/condiment station in the food court:

Food options:

If I am not mistaken, this is the menu that's only available at dinner time:

Gift shop:

Deb123 emailed more pictures to me last evening but Photobucket wasn't cooperating so I couldn't upload them until this morning.

Thanks Deb123 and mickeystoontown for these!

:offtopic:
Lisa- Could you please PM me with instructions how to link to these posts with new pictures? You know like how you have links in the first post of your trip report that links to your updates.

Thanks Deb123 and mickeystoontown for these!

:offtopic:
Lisa- Could you please PM me with instructions how to link to these posts with new pictures? You know like how you have links in the first post of your trip report that links to your updates.

You are welcome! I actually made a list of the pictures posted by coloredimage and taken by Deb123 and will send it to you along with instructions.

Ooooh all these pictures are making me so excited!!! Thanks for all the pictures ... it is going to be a long few months -- wish I was there now!!

Has anyone had experience with food allergies at Old Port Royale? My one daughter has a gluten allergy and my other has dairy/soy/chocolate. I know Disney is usually great with the food allergies, but was wondering if anyone has experience with it at this resort. Thanks!

Hi! Thanks so much for all the pictures of the menus! We are trying to weigh our options as to whether DDP will be worth it. If we do it, would do PLUS to have at least 1 sit down for a character meal or two during our trip. It looks like most counter service options in the food court are about $10. With the meal plan, you get a drink too? We have never done a meal plan. Also, a character meal/ breakfast is typically around $30?? Are drinks extra or included with that? Thanks so much for any DDP tips!!! Love the refurb pics- beautiful!! So excited for October!!

Has anyone had experience with food allergies at Old Port Royale? My one daughter has a gluten allergy and my other has dairy/soy/chocolate. I know Disney is usually great with the food allergies, but was wondering if anyone has experience with it at this resort. Thanks!

I would be interested in hearing someone's first hand experience here too. My son and I are gluten intolerant. We've had experience at POR's food court and have done pretty well there. Sometimes it just takes a really long time, but other than that it was all good.

We have done a bus and a cab for this...my advice is CAB for sure. They drop you right in front of The Poly for $15. More than worth it.

Add me to the list! We are going 9/20-9/27! It is my 2nd stay at CBR but my family's 1st. We usually go every other year but decided on one last trip before my youngest becomes a Disney Adult! POR would have been my 1st choice but free dining changed my plans! Looking for to CBR because the last time I was there was 1992! I don't remember it much at all!

I would be interested in hearing someone's first hand experience here too. My son and I are gluten intolerant. We've had experience at POR's food court and have done pretty well there. Sometimes it just takes a really long time, but other than that it was all good.

I have to eat gluten free. I have stayed at CB twice and I am going back this November. The chefs at CB have always been great with making me something to eat. I have never once had any issues at CB or anywhere on Disney property. I have gotten sandwiches, burgers, pizza, chicken nuggets and french fries waffles eggs bagels.

I have to eat gluten free. I have stayed at CB twice and I am going back this November. The chefs at CB have always been great with making me something to eat. I have never once had any issues at CB or anywhere on Disney property. I have gotten sandwiches, burgers, pizza, chicken nuggets and french fries waffles eggs bagels.

Thanks for the report! Do you know if they have a dedicated fryer for the French fries or do you have to special order them gluten free?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter