The New Caribbean Beach FAQ Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please add us to Roll Call! Will be at CBR 10/11-10/15. Have been to CBR but about 20 years ago! Looking forward to seeing how it's changed! Hoping for the same Disney Magic!

We are arriving at CBR on November 9 and are booked in a Preferred Room - will any of those rooms be refurbed yet?

If they keep the same pattern and continue clockwise around the lake, my best guess is that they would have just started the preferred rooms by then. So I don't think they will be able to take guests until around January. But that's just a guess as Disney does not usually release that information.

Please add me to the roll call! I'm staying here for the first time August 13th-18th. Was originally booked at POR but had to change my dates and they didn't have any availability in king bed rooms for the new dates.

Not sure I like the refurbs but hoping it looks better in person. Anyone have photos of a refurbed king bed room? I requested Jamaica, water view, even before I heard about the renovations.

I've added your dates!

I'm a little concerned that the preferred buildings may not be refurbished by the time we come at the beginning of March. I'm in two minds about this: we like the current decor to the rooms but as I'll be sharing the bed this time I'd rather have the queen sized!

My worst nightmare will be if none of the preferred Martinique rooms are available while we're there!

If my calculations are right, they should be very close to 100% completed by then. I feel really strongly that they will at least have Martinique completed by then.

Stayed at CBR last year for the first time. We were there last year for the 25th anniversary celebration wasn't much but Mickey and Minnie showed up in some cool outfits on the boats.

We will be there starting September 27th with free dining.

Looking to stay in Jamaica.

Please add me to the roll call.

Welcome! You've been added.

please add us to the roll call November 15 to the 20th post cruise. Free dining wooohooo once again, cant wait to be back although I was a little disappointed in our last stay here Im hopeing this stay will be back to the magical place I had known it to be, issues with housekeeping and cms were just not what we encountered on previous stays. but I guess 1 trip out of quite a few isnt bad as all the trips we had in the past were top notch there! Not giving up on cbr, its a beautiful resort and the food court we have found to be very good!

Your dates have been added. Here's hoping you have a magical stay!

Roll call.....August 10-20

Welcome! Done!

Please also add us to roll call 12/17-23. We can't wait!! :)

You've been added. :santa:

Beach Bum's Roll Call ~ Who will be staying at CBR and when.

Add us please! We have decided on CB for June 11th -18th 2015! Love that they added the queen beds, that helped make the decision easy!

Welcome! You've been added. Looks like you have a little bit of time to plan!

Any idea on how far they are with the refurb? I may have missed latest posting - into Aruba, correct? Thanks!

Check out the top of post #1 for the most accurate information I have.

Please add us to December Roll Call, 20th - 26th. So excited!!! :rotfl:

Welcome! I've added your dates. :santa:

Please add us to Roll Call! Will be at CBR 10/11-10/15. Have been to CBR but about 20 years ago! Looking forward to seeing how it's changed! Hoping for the same Disney Magic! ��

Welcome to the thread! I've added your dates! Nice to see a fellow Chicago area DISsser!

Does anybody know how long it is taking them to complete a building. I'm just curious, because they seem to be moving quickly through this renovation project. Wish I could get my contractors to move this quickly through projects. It never seems to work

Does anybody know how long it is taking them to complete a building. I'm just curious, because they seem to be moving quickly through this renovation project. Wish I could get my contractors to move this quickly through projects. It never seems to work

These contractors should build the next disney theme park addition, or disney springs, or the hub, or avatar land. Maybe then construction can be done within a year not 10.

Heck the new walmart down the road seems to have broken ground two weeks ago and the 4 walls of the building seem to be up already....use that team!

Looking at pictures of the new refurbed rooms, it looks like there is a thermostat on the wall? Am I seeing that correctly? I know that they kept the wall units.

Thanks.

Looking at pictures of the new refurbed rooms, it looks like there is a thermostat on the wall? Am I seeing that correctly? I know that they kept the wall units.

Thanks.

Yes, that's how you operate the aircon. I would turn it off at night so it didn't keep us awake. That said, it was quite cold in February, and I only actually needed it on a couple of times, anyway.

Can we purchase Disney gift cards and have them added at the hotel desk to our room account / and on our Magic Bands to use instead of linking a credit card to our MB to pay for souviners and DDP gratuities?

kitty2kidz said:
Can we purchase Disney gift cards and have them added at the hotel desk to our room account / and on our Magic Bands to use instead of linking a credit card to our MB to pay for souviners and DDP gratuities?

No. But you can use the gift cards to pay off your balance every couple days so your credit card will never get charged.

No. Not like that. You'll need a credit card on file that will link to your resort stay & your magic band in order to use the magic band to make purchases. Then, what you can do, is every night go to the concierge desk in Old Port Royale and pay for each days magic band purchases with your gift cards. OR just keep the gift cards on you and use them as you need them for souvenirs and dining.

Wondering how you request a specific building number? I did the online check in, and requested Jamaica, but didn't see a place to put a building number in. I know last year when I did online check in there was a spot to write it in...

These contractors should build the next disney theme park addition, or disney springs, or the hub, or avatar land. Maybe then construction can be done within a year not 10.

Heck the new walmart down the road seems to have broken ground two weeks ago and the 4 walls of the building seem to be up already....use that team!
Walmart has crews that travel and do nothing but build stores so they have the process down. The same thing with these rooms. They're doing the same thing to each room over and over again. After you knock out a couple you can go pretty fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter