The New Caribbean Beach FAQ Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Booked our trip yesterday with the fall discount and an extra 15% off through Orbitz. After 45 minutes of a heated discussion with Orbitz to get my son added to the reservation without me being overcharged....WE ARE GOING TO DISNEY!!!
We booked a water-view at CBR 10/09-10/16. This will be our first time at CBR! I am planning to request Jamaica in hopes of getting a refurb room.

Booked our trip yesterday with the fall discount and an extra 15% off through Orbitz. After 45 minutes of a heated discussion with Orbitz to get my son added to the reservation without me being overcharged....WE ARE GOING TO DISNEY!!!
We booked a water-view at CBR 10/09-10/16. This will be our first time at CBR! I am planning to request Jamaica in hopes of getting a refurb room.

Adding kids with Orbitz is a hassle. I wish they would fix that "glitch". I always just call back if the person I get doesn't immediately know what I'm talking about. I got lucky this morning. The first woman I connected with knew exactly what I wanted to do. She came back on the line and said my kids were added and gave me the Disney confirmation number without me even asking.:thumbsup2

amomma23, I am glad you had a good experience doing this with them. Hopefully, if enough people complain they will get it fixed! I am sure more people would book with them if they could see it costs less than booking directly with Disney.
The hassle was still worth the nearly 200.00 we are saving with the Orbitz promo code though!
Hope you enjoy your trip!

I love that my signature just says 1 month until our First Disney vacation! I am SOO excited to stay at this beautiful resort :)

Grandmaof2 said:
If the preferred rooms are not completed by my arrival date (Nov. 1st). Do you think I could request for a refurb room on check in? and if so would they credit my account for the difference? ( I booked with free dining). Thanks Guys!

If you request to be downgraded they probably won't credit you back without you asking specifically for it, and they still may say no since it's your decision to downgrade. They would credit you if they had to downgrade you due to overbooking the preferred rooms.

I read the 'rumors' that some CBR rooms are getting/have gotten Murphy beds, so they will be able to sleep 5. Any idea when these will be available to book?

I can't seem to or am I doing something wrong.

If we request a ground room floor (for ease of parking stroller) will we be hearing much of the people above us? I know it will depend on who is there, but is there pretty good "sound proofing" throughout?

I read the 'rumors' that some CBR rooms are getting/have gotten Murphy beds, so they will be able to sleep 5. Any idea when these will be available to book? I can't seem to or am I doing something wrong.
I don't think they are available for booking just yet. Some people have said that CM's have said any day now. You could always call and request a Murphy bed on your reservation and like any other room request it could be honoured

Okay let me start by saying when free dinning initially opened up I booked for CBR, but I switched to POP because we were able to switch our dates and stay longer for both parties for $100 more. Then life happened...we realized we could not stay for two Saturdays in a row because my dd would not be able to perform in a production if she missed two rehearsals...so I dropped two days so we could make it back in time. My price went lower but this week we found out by brother in law wants to join....4 people in a POP room...seems doable but I wanted my old reservation back!!!:sad: I kept checking.....nothing....then today wahlaaaaa!!!!!!! October 31st- November 7th!!!! Only thing the first time I called the CM said it wasn't available he wasn't seeing it. He told me as soon as I see something call back immediately. ..so I get off my phone refresh the pc...wahlaaaaa still there!!! So I immediately call back got the same CM.....weird....and it wasn't showing...but he tried some Disney magic and I got it!!!!!! :cool1: I am hoping if we request Jamaica I might get it and hopefully with a Murphy bed since we will have 3 adults and one child. Me being a newbie...I keep seeing where your adding peoples dates. What is that for? I probably missed something reading through. I am so happy and my dd is sooooo excited she loves the way the pool looks!!!!!!!!

Okay let me start by saying when free dinning initially opened up I booked for CBR, but I switched to POP because we were able to switch our dates and stay longer for both parties for $100 more. Then life happened...we realized we could not stay for two Saturdays in a row because my dd would not be able to perform in a production if she missed two rehearsals...so I dropped two days so we could make it back in time. My price went lower but this week we found out by brother in law wants to join....4 people in a POP room...seems doable but I wanted my old reservation back!!!:sad: I kept checking.....nothing....then today wahlaaaaa!!!!!!! October 31st- November 7th!!!! Only thing the first time I called the CM said it wasn't available he wasn't seeing it. He told me as soon as I see something call back immediately. ..so I get off my phone refresh the pc...wahlaaaaa still there!!! So I immediately call back got the same CM.....weird....and it wasn't showing...but he tried some Disney magic and I got it!!!!!! :cool1: I am hoping if we request Jamaica I might get it and hopefully with a Murphy bed since we will have 3 adults and one child.

Welcome to the CBR Thread! That's great! Glad your persistence paid off!

Me being a newbie...I keep seeing where your adding peoples dates. What is that for? I probably missed something reading through. I am so happy and my dd is sooooo excited she loves the way the pool looks!!!!!!!!

If you check out the first page, you will see that we have a Beach Bum Roll Call which lists the dates that members of the DIS will be at CBR. I hope it's okay that I added your dates.

If we request a ground room floor (for ease of parking stroller) will we be hearing much of the people above us? I know it will depend on who is there, but is there pretty good "sound proofing" throughout?

I can't speak to CBR, but we stayed in a ground floor room at CSR last November and I was pleasantly surprised with how little we heard. We couldn't hear anyone walking, etc. We did hear toilet flushes a few times, but I suppose that could come from anywhere.

I can't speak to CBR, but we stayed in a ground floor room at CSR last November and I was pleasantly surprised with how little we heard. We couldn't hear anyone walking, etc. We did hear toilet flushes a few times, but I suppose that could come from anywhere.

Thanks!

We were on the ground floor at All Star Movies - and we never had an issue with that. We are hoping for ground floor at CBR as well because we have 2 toddler boys and carrying a double stroller up a level will be difficult :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter