• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The New Caribbean Beach FAQ Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
We'll be there for the marathon too, Dug720.

My husband is running the Dopey and he can't wait for those morning runs around the lake at CBR!

Awesome!!! I'm *just* doing Goofy (that is SICK to say *just* when referring to making your body go 39.3 miles over 2 days!!). I love the trail around the lake at CBR!! We stayed there Christmas of 2010 when I was training for my first half (WDW 2011) - also the Christmas of the blizzard in the northeast, so I ended up staying with my CM sister until January 1 when they could get me on a plane.

I seem to always toy with going somewhere else and always end up back at CBR!! pixiedust:pixiedust:

Oops, sorry, I missed the BIL in the room too. The CBR reservation (and 6 day WP&M tickets + free dining) have 3 adults and 1 child (DS, BIL, me and DN5). I don't have a problem adding mom and paying for another 6 day ticket (even though she probably won't use more than two days) and pay for her meals OOP but if they give her free dining that would work too. I just want to let DN5 have his pirate room and I think my mom would just love being there with him too. Glad to have this first world problem lol. Boy being a generous uncle is harder than I thought. Oh well a little over 100 days to figure this out and maybe there wouldn't be 5 person rooms available for free dining anyway lol.

Cheers!

You can't have 5 people (unless your nephew is under 3 years old) in a pirate room. There aren't any pirate rooms with murphy beds and there aren't any plans to do renovations in those rooms. Sorry!

You can't have 5 people (unless your nephew is under 3 years old) in a pirate room. There aren't any pirate rooms with murphy beds and there aren't any plans to do renovations in those rooms. Sorry!

Yup, I know. Was deciding whether or not to check weekly (until up to 72 hours before I think) if the 5 person rooms were available for booking and see if I could transfer the reservation and pay for one more adult, which would mean DN5 would lose out on the pirate room.

LOL! Wish I had started packing a month ago!! We leave tomorrow and I haven't started!!!:rotfl2:

Oh I would be spazzing if I were you. We don't leave for 101 days from today and I have started making my packing lists already! I am trying to figure out the best way to pack without the kids knowing since we are surprising them this time!

Hey! So funny, we were doing a full CBR trip then decided to split POR because of all your reviews.

When you sent O on the pirate's cruise was it at POR? Not sure which resort we should send H, or if they're different enough to send him to both.

Ha, that is too funny! We were doing a POR split stay (Aug 17-20, Aug 20-27) in order to get the free dining bounceback at POR starting Aug. 20th, but when they released free dining starting on the 17th, we made the difficult decision to move resorts!

O did the Pirate Cruise (and loved it) at POR, but I'm sure they are both similar. She was full of adventurous tales on her return!

We don't leave for 101 days from today and I have started making my packing lists already!

HEY, me too!! On both accounts. Know what's exciting about Saturday?? We drop down to DOUBLE DIGITS :cool1: I found an awesome site that let me customize a packing list and then print it out. It had several things on it i never even considered -- for example we'll be gone over month end and if I hadn't read it, I would NEVER have thought to make sure our on-line bills will be set up to be paid :eek:

Yup, I know. Was deciding whether or not to check weekly (until up to 72 hours before I think) if the 5 person rooms were available for booking and see if I could transfer the reservation and pay for one more adult, which would mean DN5 would lose out on the pirate room.

Switching to a 5 person room would definately work, and you could sign nephew up for a pirate activity in lou of the pirate room so he would still get to be a pirate....maybe even have one whole day centered around pirate activities.

Just finished a six day stay at CBR--we were very pleased with our stay --we stayed in Aruba section 55---it was a little walk to Old Port Royale but only about 7-8 minutes tops...Every person was happy and helpful including Mouse Keeping and the bartenders at that pool bar--never waited more than ten minutes for a bus...this has become my son's (9 yr) favorite ---:goodvibes

Switching to a 5 person room would definately work, and you could sign nephew up for a pirate activity in lou of the pirate room so he would still get to be a pirate....maybe even have one whole day centered around pirate activities.

Thanks! I was over thinking this by focusing on the pirate room. Geez, unco, there are three/four pirate adventures to sign up for lol. Plus there is MNSSHP for him too. I will give it an honest effort for the 5 in a room, while keeping the condo for anyone else that ends up joining. Boy, this "solo" trip is becoming a family reunion lol.

Just checked into CBR! We're in Jamaica 41, refurbished room! Funny thing is we actually stayed in this exact room 2 yrs ago! We walked from Custom House over and I noticed they've started on Aruba 51 as well. I'm liking the new room, but it is lacking in storage space. I'm missing the huge storage drawer in the old bench and they did away with the full length mirror on the washroom door. Loving being back:)

We are coming to the end of our stay at CBR on Saturday. To update the construction, I asked a worker and he told me Jamaica will be completely finished by this Saturday. As the PP said they have moved into Aruba. After watching for the last 9 days, it seems they are always working on 3 buildings, 1 is set up and tear out, 1 is rebuild, 1 is finishing touches. When I arrived on the 10th they were working on 44, 45, and 46. By the 19th they will be onto 51, 52, and 53. So they are moving fast.

We have greatly enjoyed CBR and will definitely consider staying here with our big music group in July 2016. For just our family trips, we like to try different resorts each time. Our next trip we plan to do a split BCV and VWL in Thanksgiving 2015. Good luck for everyone's upcoming trips at CBR.

Nice to hear some positive reviews. We just booked this resort today for December for water view room- would love suggestions as to what to request room wise that would not be such a horrible walk. Also do any of these rooms accomodate 5th person, I have seen where due to refurbished rooms some do- ?murphy bed or cot. If we request cot does that mean we need the 5th person to book for entire time?? My daughters boyfriend may join us but can only come for a few days. I see where Martinque and Barbados is close to center as well as Trinidad- there were no preffered rooms available to book so we really need lots of great advice. Thanks so much in advance. POR is our favorite moderate but they are not offering the free dining. Thanks for the help

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter