The New Caribbean Beach FAQ Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks for the new pics and glad you have had a great day other then the storm

we are a party of 4 but it would be great if we got a room with a new bed in as my sons are 7 and 13 and arent looking forward to sharing lol

It sounds like they're moving through pretty quick with the remodel. Hopefully by December there will be enough done that it won't be too hard to make a request that would get us into one of the remodeled rooms.

Excited to see the new pics! A Murphy bed would be great for us because our daughters fight when they have to share a bed (sigh)

I already requested Jamaica. I guess I can request a Murphy bed room? - no guarantee of course.

Granted I never stay here before, but I like the new look...maybe it was the quality of the pictures but the old look had a washed our, glaring quality to the room that reminded me of an overlit preschool playroom, I like the moderate color tones of the refurb, and am excited to hear that they are almost done with Jamaica already, certainly makes me think we have a great shot at getting queen beds when we arrive in mid-Dec.

I have a question. I'm a family of five going to Disney the last week of August. Anyone know when we can book the family of five refurb rooms?

I have a question. I'm a family of five going to Disney the last week of August. Anyone know when we can book the family of five refurb rooms?

I don't believe there is a set date. Disney said yesterday that the refurb rooms that sleep five don't even show in their system yet.

Am I the only one that hates this new look? It's so dark!! Where's the light, bright caribbean colours?? And the heavy wooden doors? This looks too much like Coronado Springs, which I totally hated in January.

I don't like the new room colors either....Just my opinion. Where did all the brightness go? May look better in person, hope so!

phillipsjp2003 - Thank you so much for the great pictures and updates! I love, love the new look. The room has the same exact feel as some of the best resorts we have stayed in the actual Caribbean. Somebody really did their homework on this one! I can't wait to experience it in person in 2015.:cool1:

I don't like the new room colors either....Just my opinion. Where did all the brightness go? May look better in person, hope so!

I agree! I wish there were more color in the rooms. But I have to say, in my opinion, these rooms look lightyears better than what they replaced. Those Nemo rooms looked so dated and kinda tacky to me. I like this more upscale, fresh, clean look. Just wish they could incorporate a little more color somehow.

Thanks so much phillipsjp2003 for taking the time to post pics :goodvibes

I love the art work and lighting. I like the fresh crisp look of the white linens, but the furniture is so dark. I like the pops of color but wish it was more in line with the resort palette like salmon, teal, yellow... It reminds me of CSR or Poly too much.

Has anyone taken a toaster to make stuff like bagels and pop tarts for breakfast? Hubby and I will be driving so space is not an issue and since we're not bacon and eggs everyday people we thought we could make a quick bite and get out the door.

There are toasters in the food court - it's a little stop along the way, but would still be pretty quick if you're just toasting and leaving. ;) I don't think you're allowed to have a toaster in your room, but I could be wrong!

Thanks for the pictures of the new rooms!! I do like the light fixture over the table. One question about the murphy-type beds -- how long are they? It's not something we'd likely need, but can anyone other than a small-ish child actually sleep on these comfortably?

My daughter slept on the POR Murphy bed quite comfortably on our last trip. She was 22 years old, 5'7" and 130 pounds. She did the trundle bed several trips before that and was very happy with her new accommodations. She much preferred it to the trundle as on the trundle she could "smell the carpet" :rotfl2:

My daughter slept on the POR Murphy bed quite comfortably on our last trip. She was 22 years old, 5'7" and 130 pounds. She did the trundle bed several trips before that and was very happy with her new accommodations. She much preferred it to the trundle as on the trundle she could "smell the carpet" :rotfl2:

Very nice! It's hard to tell in the pictures just how long the bed is... I think we need a picture with someone sitting/laying on one. Hint, hint to all our readers who are there or will be soon!!

We just booked 9 nights (December 17-26) at CBR! :santa::cool1::yay:

We have only stayed at values before, so we are extremely excited to bump up to CBR! We were at ASMo March 2012 and POP last Christmas. So three years in a row at the House of Mouse!

I booked yesterday and have sat and read every page here about everything CBR! Can't wait! Thanks for all of your valuable info, pictures and thoughts. I'm such a planner and can't wait to see it in person!

In the pic with the curtains, it appears they are keeping the old air/heat units. You have no idea how happy it makes me that they haven't swapped over to the motion sensor units!! We stayed in a LM right after AoA opened and would wake up SOOO hot every night.

My 19 year daughter and I will be staying at CBR December 11-17th. This is our first time staying at any resort other than POR and are very excited to see CBR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter