• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The New Caribbean Beach FAQ Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are staying 8/31-9/6! First time staying at a Disney resort and so excited! We had family in Orlando so always stayed with them. We will be with our 18 month old daughter!

We are staying 8/31-9/6! First time staying at a Disney resort and so excited! We had family in Orlando so always stayed with them. We will be with our 18 month old daughter!

Welcome! I've added your dates. I think your daughter will love the splash area. Pull up a beach chair and take a look around. Fire away with any questions.

Good morning all! I see that several have been asking about a good room/building location and, just yesterday, I posted quite a few pictures and information about our Jamaica room location last trip. If you'd like to see the pictures and read the info, click on the link in my signature below. Chapter links are in the second post.

I am so glad I checked out this new thread. We have stayed at CBR twice and my DH's only complaint has been the small double beds. We stayed at POR last Halloween and missed CBR (but not the small beds). DH wants to go back for Christmas 2016, yes tha'ts not a typo, I am a crazy trip planner:cool1:

We were looking at CSR but I think when I get home tonight and tell him CBR is getting queens he will want to switch.

Really enjoying this thread so far, and over the 2 year couse I will be lurking at all your posts:surfweb:

Hey! Glad to see I’m not the only REALLY EARLY planner! We’re going back to CBR in May 2016, for a 25th anniversary celebration.

Hi Dansdad

I didn't know if you're already aware of this but here is a link to a PDF version of the map. It much larger and can be zoomed in on much better than the picture that is posted in the first post.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/maps/CBMapFront.pdf

Edit: Also, just a little Google search tip for anyone looking for something like this. If you start your search with "filetype:pdf" and then your search terms it will only bring up those types of files. It will work for any file type like Word or Excel files also. So for example, my search to find this map was as follows. It was the first link returned for me. This has been my public service announcement for the day. :)

filetype:pdf disney caribbean beach resort map

... And even when there are no chairs available, most of them are "taken" by the chair piggies that leave their towels over the chair in the AM and then head out to a park.

As far as I'm concerned if the only thing on the chair is a resort towel and it's obvious no one has been there for some time, it's an open chair. Sometimes the towel is even clean and folded just ready for me to use.

Just checked into building 41 today. It is refurbished with queen beds and looks similar to the pics we have seen. I took 10 or 12 pics as soon as we checked in and will post later.

Work is currently going on in building 45. The bell services CM that took us to our room confirmed that some rooms have the Murphy bed. Ours does not as there is just 3 of us but I will snoop a little and try for a pic.

Headed to EPCOT and will post pics tonight.

Just checked into building 41 today. It is refurbished with queen beds and looks similar to the pics we have seen. I took 10 or 12 pics as soon as we checked in and will post later.

Work is currently going on in building 45. The bell services CM that took us to our room confirmed that some rooms have the Murphy bed. Ours does not as there is just 3 of us but I will snoop a little and try for a pic.

Yay for getting one of the newly refurbed rooms! Looking forward to seeing the pictures.:yay:

Thats awesome! Did you specifically request that building? Look forward to the pictures!

popcorn:: Patiently waiting for the pics... popcorn::

My comments in red.

Since every village has its own bus stop you are never more that a 1 minute stroll to one. Well, I'd say 1 minute is a little optimistic (especially if you've got a beach view), but never more than 3 minutes, certainly. There are 5 non-preferred building locations that are about 3-5 minute walk to dining and the main pool; Aruba 51, Jamaica 45, Martinique 21, 22 and 23. We personally love Jamaica 45 and have happened to get that request every time.

All of our stays at CBR have been during Free Dining and the resort has been at capacity every time. One of the things we love about CBR is the fact that even when it's at capacity it never feels like it. We always feel like we're the only people in our building even though I know we're not. We love the fact that it is so laid back and relaxed which is such a nice change from the craziness of the parks. You definitely won't feel like you're bumping into people at all. We had a courtyard view, and hardly saw anyone at all the entire week! We have felt that way at both POR and POFQ in the past. Which is why we have switched our resort love from those 2 resorts over to CBR. We can't seem to go back to either of them over CBR.

Ever since our first stay here we have added a couple days to our stays in order to have at least 2 full resort days and I can say that the pool never felt packed. Now it may be a little tougher to get a chair if you stroll up to the pool around Noon, but we are usually there by 10 and have always gotten a chair. And even when there are no chairs available, most of them are "taken" by the chair piggies that leave their towels over the chair in the AM and then head out to a park.

The food court is large enough and laid out nicely as to not have that crazy feeling I have noticed at other food courts when crowded. On park days, I am the breakfast runner and get all our food while my wife and son get ready so I am there around 7AM and the place is usually empty. On our resort days we all head over there by 8:30-9 and it's more crowded but only about 1/2 the tables are full. So I just don't know what it's like between 7 and 8:30. My main bugbear with the food hall is that the queues for hot food can be a bit long at breakfast time - the only time we saw any queues at all. However, they really need to put in more than 3 check outs! When we were there in February there were 3 in the 'grab and go' section (but never more than 2 ever open), and we only saw 2 ordinary till points on the way into the seating area. Hopelessly inadequate when they're busy!!

We have had great experiences with the buses also, even early AM. We have always gotten a seat on the way to the parks. The only time we've had to stand was at park closing time. But that hasn't happened since we've started grabbing a seat and people watching after fireworks. Our last 3 trips we haven't stood on any bus.
The only time the buses were busy was when we were going to MK: there clearly hadn't been a bus along for a while as the stop was full. However, when one did come, it had two more tagging on behind! While the driver was fiddling around getting the ramp down for me, I actually advised everyone to get on the other ones as it would be quicker, so they did. So, DD and I had our own bus!

Otherwise it was just inordinate bad timing on our part that we NEVER had less than 15 minute for any bus we took. We saw so many others going to everywhere else, but never where we wanted to go! Nearly every single time we were the first pick up (Martinique), and every single time we were the first drop off on the way home, which was nice.

When I booked my FD package I requested Jamaica. I want to add it again when I do online check in, is there a place to add this on online check in?

Thank you for that great info!! We're staying 8/31 - 9/7. Would still be interested in hearing from others that stayed during this time esp. during free dining how bad the crowds are re: waiting for buses to/from the park, food court and pool. Thanks =)

Us too!!!! Can't wait!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter