• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The New Caribbean Beach FAQ Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really think Magnolia Bend or Alligator Abayou should be a bookable category, (like at AOA, sections are bookable). I realize at CSR they are not bookable.
but at POR the alligator bayou had room for 5 people. and so many other people want to be in magnolia bend (aka "mansion" section)
so that should be a bookable category..

as far as 2nd floor? I agree. we like 2nd floor. be awware CBR has NO elevators.but we like 2nd floor becuase you can walk out your room and walk around the building, lookiing at various views, and it "feels" like a balcony cause you have a railing to lean on.. stand there.. look around take a photo.

on the first floor, you only have bushes.

THIS. If I could book a mansion room and know i'd be set then I probably would definitely stay at POR no questions act. And especially for the 5 person room, being as they're one of the fewer resorts with that option, you should be able to book it. I get that chances probably are in your favor, but still i'd rather have the piece of mine and know. This is why we're leaning towards CBR right now. Atleast I know i'll like the decor/room that we're in. Might be silly to some, but i'd rather not spend 8 days in a room where I dislike the decor haha.

Thanks for posting:). I will admit I missed them also and had to search for them. You just made my day, your pictures are just what I needed today!! Can I ask, what kind of camera did you use?

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Well, my good camera is a Fuji Bridge which takes excellent photos. I bought a 16GB memory card especially. I took a couple of photos of our overnight hotel at Hilton in Gatwick Airport, and then never took it out again! Can't understand why I did that.

I used my Fuji compact the rest of the time, but I accidentally turned the flash off and couldn't get it on again! I ended up having to use my iPhone to take photos at 1900 Park Fayre and with Talking Mickey!! So I wasn't pleased with the overall quality of my photos this year.

My daughter also has a Fuji compact camera, and she used that to take the photo of the lake.

THIS. If I could book a mansion room and know i'd be set then I probably would definitely stay at POR no questions act. And especially for the 5 person room, being as they're one of the fewer resorts with that option, you should be able to book it. I get that chances probably are in your favor, but still i'd rather have the piece of mine and know. This is why we're leaning towards CBR right now. Atleast I know i'll like the decor/room that we're in. Might be silly to some, but i'd rather not spend 8 days in a room where I dislike the decor haha.

In that case, I would book POR. That's the only resort that accepts and read and acts on faxed room requests. Your chances are really high of getting a mansion room.

Excited to stay at CBR for our first visit, November 9-16. Previously stayed at POP and POR and our family of four - DH, DS8 and DS5 are booked in a preferred room at CBR! I think they will love it - stayed in a Royal Room at POR and they loved that too, even if it was FAR from everything! We had strong leg muscles by the time we got home!! This thread is great - getting me excited for our trip!

I'll be there the same dates and it's our first visit to CBR as well! Preferred room too.

Dansdad, here are some of the pictures that I have found so far. I'm sorry that they aren't in better order but I used two cameras on the trip which isn't so great when you are trying to organize the thousands of pictures that I took over a two week time period.

Feel free to use whichever ones you need/want. I'll post more as I come upon them on my memory cards.

Palm trees on the resort island:

Inside the Custom House:

One of the sitting areas in the Custom House:

A model of one of the Disney Cruise Line ships on display in the Custom House:

Room 4344 in the village of Jamaica:

This is the view from just outside the door of room 4344 which is a water view room:

Food court pictures:

Cuban sandwich with a side of pasta salad:

Cheese pizza from the pizza and pasta station:

Fresh tossed chicken caesar salad also from the pizza and pasta station:

One of the baked goods from the Grab N Go section:

The fountain in the Old Port Royale courtyard/sitting area:

Lighthouse/bike rental:

The view standing in the Old Port Royale courtyard looking across the lake:

Lots of hidden Mickeys in the lily pads:

This palm tree appears to be taking a sip from the lake. If I am remembering correctly, there is a picture of this same tree posted at or near the beginning of the CBR picture thread and it was taken many years ago. Seems the tree has always had this shape.

Looking across the lake at Jamaica. We spent a lot of time in those hammocks and beach chairs:

Jamaica:

Signage at the end of the bridge:

Continued in next post

More pictures. Again, sorry that they aren't in order. These were taken with my phone and are smaller than the other pictures.

Old Port Royale as seen from the main pool side:

Decaffinated coffee dispensers which are near the end of the long condiment/microwave/mug wash counter:

Microwave available for guests' use:

Condiments:

Condiments and toasters:

Toasters, condiments and the mug wash sink at the end of the counter:

Gold Peak tea:

Hot cocoa dispenser just to the right of the Gold Peak tea:

Coffee dispensers to the left of the Gold Peak tea:

Drink selections:

Some of the items available in the Grab N Go section of the food court:

The following pictures were taken in the resort store and represent some of the items considered as snack options on the dining plan:

I think that I may have another picture or two of the arcade but this is the only one that I am seeing right now:

Our view from our table in the food court:

Menu on the table at the Jamaica quiet pool:

The view from the table at the Jamaica quiet pool:

Oops found one more that I missed. It's a pretty crappy picture but it's of the burger/sandwich fixin's....pickles, tomatoes, lettuce, onions, lemons, etc.

My DH and I will be there Sept 27th-Oct 4th for my birthday!!!
We have stayed at CSR a few times before but this is our first time at CBR. We are very excited to try something different.

We are staying in a king room. Are these rooms all in one building or are they spread throughout the resort? Is there a building that I should request that is a little more quiet/ secluded for adults?

Thank you to everyone who posted on this board! I've enjoyed reading all if the info, tips and viewing the pics :)

AWESOME pics! Thanks for sharing, definately got me really excited!! Do you have, or anyone else have, pics of the refillable mugs that are used on the meal plans?

I have a picture of the mugs somewhere but I haven't uploaded it yet. Found this one on themouseforless

Rapid_Fill_Mugs2.JPG

My DH and I will be there Sept 27th-Oct 4th for my birthday!!!
We have stayed at CSR a few times before but this is our first time at CBR. We are very excited to try something different.

We are staying in a king room. Are these rooms all in one building or are they spread throughout the resort? Is there a building that I should request that is a little more quiet/ secluded for adults?

Thank you to everyone who posted on this board! I've enjoyed reading all if the info, tips and viewing the pics :)

They are spread around the resort. You can use this link to see where they are in the different buildings.

Okay, let's add a few more details:

House salad - choice of chicken or something else (prawns, perhaps? Can't remember now), and as you can see there is papaya and all sorts in there. But no onion! I didn't let her put onion in it.

2014-02-14150612.jpg

Toasted sandwich and homemade chips

2014-02-14150605.jpg

First night dinner. DD's photo again - I was too tired to remember to get my camera out! She's got salmon, mash, broccoli and cornbread, I've got half a chicken and double plain rice as I don't like veg with black pepper and garlic in it!

DSCF1053.jpg

This shows how close we were to OPR: I'm sitting in the shade of a building (think it was Shutters) looking out towards the Martinque beach - and that is the end of building 24 you can see. Bearing in mind that is the furthest away of the 3 preferred, that shows you that you really can't get any closer!

DSCF2214.jpg

Turning to look the other way, and I believe that's the main pool behind the trees.

DSCF2215.jpg

We still have 64 days but I LOVE seeing the pictures!!! Can't wait for more pictures of the remodeled rooms!!!

My family is arriving at CBR on November 9 - we stayed at POR last year in a Royal Guest Room and learned the hard way that these rooms are the furthest from everything! We are fairly young and healthy but after long days at the parks, you do not want to hike back to your room or to refill your mug! That said, we were very excited when a room was available in CBR Preferred. I understand the rooms are being refurbished to include Queen beds - will we likely be in one of these rooms for our stay? It will make the decision to spend a few hundred more to upgrade from Sports an even better one! :lovestruc

Toffewoffey-

Thanks for you pic of building 24 from OPR. I didn't realize how VERY close the farthest building was. Thanks for putting that into perspective. I am so excited can't wait to be there!

Dansdad, here are some of the pictures that I have found so far. I'm sorry that they aren't in better order but I used two cameras on the trip which isn't so great when you are trying to organize the thousands of pictures that I took over a two week time period.

Feel free to use whichever ones you need/want. I'll post more as I come upon them on my memory cards.

Thank you soooo much! I used a bunch of your great shots on the first page!:cool1:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter