The New Caribbean Beach FAQ Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, you must have a long travel day getting to MCO. We are in Calgary. Flying on a sale price so couldn't get the non-stop on the Saturday, but the savings are enough for a condo offsite before we get into CBR.

Have you stayed in the pirate rooms at all? My six year old nephew is really excited just from the pictures. I did have to tell him the water cannons aren't for him only lol. Now we have to figure out how to fit in all of the pirate adventures and the not so scary party while keeping him from getting too tired, since as y'all probably know a tired child is a cranky child, lol.

Can't wait!

It can be a long day, for sure, but we've adapted and learned what works for us. We usually fly with United and prefer to connect in Denver or Houston. Our favourite flight is an overnight to Houston that leaves at midnight, but it's seasonal and a bit unpredictable. We can usually be at the resort before noon the next day. Otherwise it's the AM "rush hour" scene at YEG with something like 10 US bound flights leaving within an hour or so and (it seems to me) never enough US customs agents for the crowd.

I haven't personally stayed in a Pirate room (DW and I usually get the king bed room) but my adult daughters did for FD one year. The theming was very much to their taste (they loved it) and they had no complaints about the "uncomfortable" beds that some people have reported. I thought it was pretty cool, though some parents of small kids say the kids found the graphic on the dressing area curtain to be frightening.

I hear ya on the tired kid thing. When ours were small they'd just crash after a long day's vacationing. Best to build in some down time for naps now and then and maybe have a relaxing resort day before heading over to the Halloween party.

Have a great trip! :yay::yay::yay:

We have just booked 14 nights from October 12th 2015. It's a long way away but worth counting down and gives me PLENTY of time to plan!

I have seen several mentions of watching some of Illuminations from the resort, I have stayed at CBR in the past but have never noticed any of the show...where is a good spot for this?

I have seen several mentions of watching some of Illuminations from the resort, I have stayed at CBR in the past but have never noticed any of the show...where is a good spot for this?

The beach of Martinique and the lake side of Old Port Royale are the best spots. You can sorta see them from other places, but those 2 are the best viewing.

The best places are from the courtyard at Old Port Royale or from the Martinique beach. You can only see the higher fireworks but you can definitely see them and enjoy them.

4x4Kimmy said:

Right outside Shutters, the bridge connecting Jamaica to Caribbean Cay and the Martinique beach to name a few. We prefer the Martinique beach.

Right outside Shutters, the bridge connecting Jamaica to Caribbean Cay and the Martinique beach to name a few. We prefer the Martinique beach.

So one of the added bonuses of staying at CBR is seeing some of the Illuminations fireworks which is great.

I notice that the marshmallow roasts are popular too. Would it be bad form to bring smores pie irons (and the ingredients to make smores) or do others do this already?

Thanks.

So one of the added bonuses of staying at CBR is seeing some of the Illuminations fireworks which is great.

I notice that the marshmallow roasts are popular too. Would it be bad form to bring smores pie irons (and the ingredients to make smores) or do others do this already?

Thanks.

I've not seen others bring their own smores makings/fixings but I don't know why that would be frowned upon. They will provide you with marshmallows and sticks if you choose to just go with what's provided.

Thanks.

I am planning to take chocolate, graham crackers, and peanut butter. Kids love s'mores. I've read about others doing so also but not sure how often they do.

Can't wait though!!! Every day is 1 day closer!!! :cool1:

I am planning to take chocolate, graham crackers, and peanut butter. Kids love s'mores. I've read about others doing so also but not sure how often they do. Can't wait though!!! Every day is 1 day closer!!! :cool1:

I've also read on here somewhere that others have taken their own s'mores

Have a great time!

Dansdad, you asked for photos, I supplied photos. You haven't even acknowledged I'd posted them, let alone put them on page 1. I'm beginning to think only I can see them! :confused3

Dansdad, as requested, I attach those photos I was talking about. From the courtyard, facing building 25 (Martinique). Beautifully peaceful, as you can see. Part of the seating area in the foodhall : it was more than 4 times the size of this, and the hub with the fountains, toasters, etc was huge. I'm sorry I didn't take more photos inside Old Port Royale. The bathroom in our room. Our room from the door. You can see how wide and bright it is - note that it was dark outside when I took this, and it still looks bright and airy: this is why we want the furniture to stay light wood! Also note that we didn't have any Nemo borders on our walls. Finally, DD took this of the other side of the lake on our first morning. Great photo!

Thanks for posting:). I will admit I missed them also and had to search for them. You just made my day, your pictures are just what I needed today!! Can I ask, what kind of camera did you use?

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Dansdad, you asked for photos, I supplied photos. You haven't even acknowledged I'd posted them, let alone put them on page 1. I'm beginning to think only I can see them! :confused3

I'm so sorry. I don't know how I missed them! Thank you very much! :worship: I have posted them on the first page.

We have just booked 14 nights from October 12th 2015. It's a long way away but worth counting down and gives me PLENTY of time to plan!

Welcome! You've been added. It's never too early to start planning your next trip!

I just noticed in the pictures on Pg.23 that it doesn't appear to look like a ceiling fan is there anymore. My DH will come unglued if the ceiling fan is gone! He has to have it to sleep. Won't bother me any, but he is going to go nuts without it. Uh oh.....
Maybe its there, and it just didn't show up in the picture.

Post #339 the third picture down, show the fan!! You had me panicked as well, my son has autism and I has to have the fan on too. But it appears they are there.

I'm struggling big time!! I plan to book in August so I have almost 2 months to try and make a decision but we can't chose between CBR and POR. We're going in June 2015, so the remodel would be completed which really makes me wanna book CBR. FI likes the idea of taking the boat to DTD, but I could go either way with that. I feel like the new CBR rooms have a nice "vacation" theme, compared to POR. I've read alot about the buses being kind of tricky at CBR? What do you think the major cons of CBR are??

I'm struggling big time!! I plan to book in August so I have almost 2 months to try and make a decision but we can't chose between CBR and POR. We're going in June 2015, so the remodel would be completed which really makes me wanna book CBR. FI likes the idea of taking the boat to DTD, but I could go either way with that. I feel like the new CBR rooms have a nice "vacation" theme, compared to POR. I've read alot about the buses being kind of tricky at CBR? What do you think the major cons of CBR are??

We have not found any cons for CBR. We much prefer it over POR. We like the pool, food court and overall feel of CBR over POR. The buses are definitely not tricky at CBR, they are no different than POR or any of the moderates. We like the fact that every village has its own bus stop and quiet pool so you are never far from one. There are no long walks back to your room after touring the parks all day.

Both are great resorts, we were huge POR fans until our first CBR stay. Now we can't seem to stay anywhere else.

We have not found any cons for CBR. We much prefer it over POR. We like the pool, food court and overall feel of CBR over POR. The buses are definitely not tricky at CBR, they are no different than POR or any of the moderates. We like the fact that every village has its own bus stop and quiet pool so you are never far from one. There are no long walks back to your room after touring the parks all day.

Both are great resorts, we were huge POR fans until our first CBR stay. Now we can't seem to stay anywhere else.

I think my biggest thing with POR is I only would want to stay in a mansion room, and that's just a request. Where as I like the rooms at CBR and wouldn't care what section I was placed in. One less thing to worry about is fine by me!

I've got tentative plans for CBR later in the year, if I'm able to work out the finances. My family has been to WDW once, and stayed at CSR. We loved it, but I think exploring a different resort would be fun. I don't like staying on the first floor of a hotel, so I'm going to request 2nd floor. I'm thinking that I'll just put our stroller in our car at night instead of dragging it up the stairs every night. I'm watching the refurb updates anxiously :goodvibes

I really think Magnolia Bend or Alligator Abayou should be a bookable category, (like at AOA, sections are bookable). I realize at CSR they are not bookable.
but at POR the alligator bayou had room for 5 people. and so many other people want to be in magnolia bend (aka "mansion" section)
so that should be a bookable category..

as far as 2nd floor? I agree. we like 2nd floor. be awware CBR has NO elevators.but we like 2nd floor becuase you can walk out your room and walk around the building, lookiing at various views, and it "feels" like a balcony cause you have a railing to lean on.. stand there.. look around take a photo.

on the first floor, you only have bushes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter