• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The New Caribbean Beach FAQ Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe that the permits go through May, 2015. From reports, it sounds like it took almost a month to complete one building but it may move quicker.

They're going to have to get their skates on, in that case! There must be 60-odd buildings - there's no way they can take 60 months! That's 5 years!!!

They're going to have to get their skates on, in that case! There must be 60-odd buildings - there's no way they can take 60 months! That's 5 years!!!

That's what I am thinking. If it takes 3 1/2 weeks to a month to get one building done, they are going to be waaaay over the permit time limit. Of course, they can always get another permit. My husband has friends who go from town to town building restaurants and they said that once the initial one or two have gone up, they get into a groove and can get things done much more quickly.

Martinique 25 and 26 are closer. I think our walk to OPR from Martinique 26 was about 2 minutes. Having said that, the walks from Jamaica 45 and Aruba 51 are about 5 minutes.

Buildings 25 and 26 are effectively the same distance unless you have a water view, in which case 26 is closer (because 25 runs parallel to the beach and 26 runs end on so if you had a back room it'll double the walking time.

We had building 25 - I made a big thing when booking that I walk with a stick and needed to be close to OPR, and bless 'em, but they did us proud.

But it literally was just a couple of minutes' walk, even at my speed!

Just to let the OP know...the "give them your credit card info" is a must for on-line check in. You don't have a choice if you check in on-line. Personally I don't want them to have my CC# because if I can charge on my band...God help me...I would over spend because it is too easy. :rotfl2:

I'm afraid I have to disagree with you on that one. I had the opportunity to provide my CC on line, but I would not do so. I was going to use our $200 gift card to charge back to, but in the event we didn't get it until near the end of the week.

When we went to the on-line check-in desk she asked if if I wanted to leave a CC card, but I said no, and that was fine.

There are 33 according to the resort map. Minus Trinidad South rooms with the Pirate theme.

But yes, they need to get into gear if they're going to finish by May 2015.

lilkimmyk said:
Does anyone know if the play areas for the kids have lights around them for night time?

The playgrounds on the Cay close at dusk, so they cannot play on them in the dark. They are behind gates so as soon as it starts to get dark they close them.

Buildings 25 and 26 are effectively the same distance unless you have a water view, in which case 26 is closer (because 25 runs parallel to the beach and 26 runs end on so if you had a back room it'll double the walking time.

We had building 25 - I made a big thing when booking that I walk with a stick and needed to be close to OPR, and bless 'em, but they did us proud.

But it literally was just a couple of minutes' walk, even at my speed!

Thanks for the extra information :)

That's what I am thinking. If it takes 3 1/2 weeks to a month to get one building done, they are going to be waaaay over the permit time limit. Of course, they can always get another permit. My husband has friends who go from town to town building restaurants and they said that once the initial one or two have gone up, they get into a groove and can get things done much more quickly.

Wow I hope they get CBR done before our next trip. A month for one building is a bit long ! They may not be done until 2016 at that rate :rotfl:

We just got back from cbr we were in Jamaica 45...they are working hard on 42 but we couldnt even tell there was construction going on! So peaceful and a wonderful stay..btw:we requested Jamaica and didnt get it, we were given aruba instead but room wasnt ready when we arrived so I went to OPR and pleaded with them to check for a room that was ready after our long flight...and they gave me Jamaica 45! :)

I'm afraid I have to disagree with you on that one. I had the opportunity to provide my CC on line, but I would not do so. I was going to use our $200 gift card to charge back to, but in the event we didn't get it until near the end of the week.

When we went to the on-line check-in desk she asked if if I wanted to leave a CC card, but I said no, and that was fine.

I tried in Dec. to check-in online and it would not let me because I did not enter a CC#. Maybe they changed it? Just curious...on-line check-in desk? she? Was that on the phone? I am confused.

This whole distance thing really is very subjective. We tend to be an athletic bunch so the walk is really less than nothing to us. If we had my mother, who has serious mobility issues, with us, CBR would not be one of our choices. Most people say it takes 5-7 minutes. I've never timed it. Here's a map that might help you decide:

http://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/cbrmap.htm

Good luck! :)

I agree, dis_guy, it is very subjective. When we go to CBR, we usually have our little one (she was a few months shy of 3 when we brought her last - so she was still free!! yay!!), my MIL and FIL, who are fairly mobile, but don't move around as easily anymore. We always stay in Jamaica, and don't find the walk to be a problem at all. In fact, we really enjoy it. It's beautiful, it's just part of being at CBR. And my almost 3 year old walked it by herself many times. When I see the comments about not wanting to stay at CBR because it's too big, I just don't understand. I love how you never feel like you're at a crowded resort because it is a little more spread out than some. It really makes it feel like a relaxing tropical vacation when you're not at the parks. And that can be a really nice change from the hustle and bustle of the parks. WE LOVE CBR!! <3

I am very curious about the walking distance. Walking and exploring the resort is one of my favorite things to do but my family not so much. So we see the difference in perspective in our own room.

Using the touring plans room finder they have building 41 as a 13 minute walk to OPR but building 45 as an 8 minute walk. Is it really that much farther or is that an exaggeration? We are trying to decide if we should change our room request to a refurb room in 41 or 42 or keep our request for 45, 51, or 22.

Using the touring plans room finder they have building 41 as a 13 minute walk to OPR but building 45 as an 8 minute walk. Is it really that much farther or is that an exaggeration? We are trying to decide if we should change our room request to a refurb room in 41 or 42 or keep our request for 45, 51, or 22.

IMHO, those times are high. We have a total of 34 nights in Jamaica 45 and it's about 4-5 minutes from the furthest point of 45 to the door of OPR. And that is at a leisurely pace. I could see 41 being about 4-5 minutes further.

Pics and/or details of items I am hoping to get from the awesome DIS members:

Pics of the Arcade
Pics of the Gift Shop
Pics and location of the fire pit
Pics of the food court
Pics of the play areas on the beaches
Pics of the outdoor movie area
Screen shot of room requests during online check in

Any of the above you guys can provide would be great. Either send a PM or email me at cbrthread@gmail.com

Thanks!!!

Hey, Dansdad, thank you for this awesome thread! Are you still wanting pictures of the play area? I have a great shot of the playground and the little stone alligator head (that my DD just loved!) next to the path in the play area.

Checking in to join the fun :)

We will be there Nov. 15-23.

Myself, DH and 2 daughters (7 & 5). Yay for free dining!

We've requested Jamaica 45 or 46, hopefully we'll get a refurbed room :)

Hey Everyone -

I know I have fallen behind in welcoming new posters and updating the Beach Bum Roll Call. I hope to be able to catch up later today/tonight. If not, then it will have to wait until Sunday.

I also realize that all the photos from my photobucket account are unable to be viewed. I didn't realize that they cap your bandwidth and I have to upgrade my account. Again, I hope to do that later today but may have to wait until Sunday.

So any new posters, please bear with me. :rolleyes1

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter