• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The New Caribbean Beach FAQ Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you as well! I'm not sure how much we will swim but I know we will at some point as we have one day with nothing scheduled for a mid week break so I want to be prepared - this is our longest Disney trip yet - from July 12 - 20!

Looking at the pictures of the resort, I can't wait to stay here!

Our trips are normally 12 days but this past trip, it was two weeks and I have to admit that we were spoiled by having more resort/down time. The resort is so pretty and laid back and the perfect place to unwind after being in the parks.

We've decided to hang at the resort our first night and let the kids swim then eat at Shutters (unless we (I) change our (my) mind again). A little R & R at the resort after a long day of travel sounds fantastic. I think enjoying the resort will be a great way to start our trip.

Is there a particular beach or location at the resort that is better to view the higher Illuminations fireworks? Sorry if this was already covered.

pixiedust:

We've decided to hang at the resort our first night and let the kids swim then eat at Shutters (unless we (I) change our (my) mind again). A little R & R at the resort after a long day of travel sounds fantastic. I think enjoying the resort will be a great way to start our trip.

Is there a particular beach or location at the resort that is better to view the higher Illuminations fireworks? Sorry if this was already covered.

pixiedust:

I'd suggest watching from either the Old Port Royale courtyard or from the Martinique beach.

Thank you!! Looking forward to a relaxing evening at CBR to start our trip. 93 days and counting!

You are welcome! Even though we haven't been home long (left Disney on June 7th), we are already counting down the days until we are back again. :rolleyes:

Anyone there now? Any new updates on construction or the opening of new rooms?

I would love to hear from someone who is there or has been there in the last week who can give us an update.

::yes::::yes:: Joining in...
In December 2013, my daughter and I were upgraded to CBR because of an oversold situation at ASMu. I was never very interested in CBR and I don't know why. I was initially disappointed(I know...upgraded but....:confused3) because I had a preferred room at music, and knew CBR was huge, but we went with the flow. Well, suffice it to say, I loved CBR! We had a room in Jamaica 42, which was a walk, but we loved the building style and the fact that the room was so large for a moderate! We had a lovely bell services gentleman who saw us acting a bit confused after check in about how to get to the room, and he whisked us away to our room while talking about all the history of the resort, and things to do.
So....we are going again to WDW in July (great rate on AKL through Orbitz) and while we are there I am going to look for the bounceback and hope to get CBR for November 13 to 17!! Bonus that there's a renovation going on!

Can anyone tell me if you get amc channel on TV at CBR please? Not that we plan on being in the room much! Thank you in advance

Got home from work to find our Magic Bands have arrived for our 7/12-7/18 stay.

Getting psyched.

Although I am a year out from our trip, I am thinking this is where I'll book myself and my kids. The upcoming queens beds and decor sealed it for me. Planning on booking a preferred room (hoping they are completed by next June/July). I was looking at the map and I see the buildings that are considered preferred. I also saw a building that was called Promenade. I don't believe I've seen anyone mention it. Just curious as to what it is. I also can't find the photos of the renovated rooms (maybe just a model) and wanted to see them again if anyone can link me.

Thanks so much! Really looking forward to next summer!!! :goodvibes

I think this is where we will be staying next year either in August or May. A year seems so far away :rolleyes2

We decided to eat at Shutters on our first day - non-theme park evening. Just wondering if anyone has eaten there recently and has menu suggestions??

I had the steak, and it was very good! Two others in my party had the mahi mahi and said that was very good as well. And the chocolate cake, YUM!!!!!

We are a soccer team and will be there from July 13-July 20. The event hotel choices were CBR or Pop and then several offsite hotels. Right now the tournament has 198 teams signed up. When we stayed at Coronado they had the teams scattered all over the resort which really surprised me. I am the contact person within our group and the one everyone looks to for answers!! Just trying to think of the issues we had last time and come up with answers 1st!! Speaking of would anyone know where the buses that are going to transport us to WWOS will pick us up. That was a huge disaster last time with us going from the back of Coronado Resort all the way to the front only to eventually find out we had to go all the way to the back again!!

We have done this many times when my husband plays softball at ESPN WWOS in September. You'll need to catch the Internal Shuttle that goes around CBR and ends up at the Custom House (where you check in). That is the only place that the ESPN WWOS bus picks up and I believe it runs twice an hour. Have fun!

I had the steak, and it was very good! Two others in my party had the mahi mahi and said that was very good as well. And the chocolate cake, YUM!!!!!

Thank you!! Keep double guessing our choices - but a relaxing evening at the resort and dining on site sounds so much more relaxing than dealing with buses and traffic... Good to hear that people have had good experiences with Shutters.

We have done this many times when my husband plays softball at ESPN WWOS in September. You'll need to catch the Internal Shuttle that goes around CBR and ends up at the Custom House (where you check in). That is the only place that the ESPN WWOS bus picks up and I believe it runs twice an hour. Have fun!

Good to know! We are there for USSSA World Series--girls fastpitch in a month and I was wondering about the buses to WWoS. We will have a car but I've been told that traffice is not very fun near WWoS.

A question about the Cuisinart Pod machines, Does it use the same pods as Keirig coffee makers or does it us the Filter pods? thanks

A question about the Cuisinart Pod machines, Does it use the same pods as Keirig coffee makers or does it us the Filter pods? thanks

They use the round filtered bags...like a tea bag, but round! It's Joffrey's Coffee. They give you decaf and regular, of course, in your room.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter