• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The New Caribbean Beach FAQ Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
We had another great trip to CBR.

Everything was well for the first week of June. When we checked in, they said CBR was not a full occupancy since school was not totally out.

Thursday night (June 5) I snuck over to Jamaica 41 and took photos of the renovated rooms. Curtains were open, lights were on, TV's were running. Enjoy, Jim Photos from Jamaica 41 Rooms Being Renovated (Thursday Night, June 5, 2014):

Yay thanks!!!!

Thursday night (June 5) I snuck over to Jamaica 41 and took photos of the renovated rooms. Curtains were open, lights were on, TV's were running.

Enjoy, Jim

Photos from Jamaica 41 Rooms Being Renovated (Thursday Night, June 5, 2014):

Bldg_41_Renov_2_Alt.jpg

Bldg_41_Renov_2_Alt.jpg

Bldg_41_Renov_3_Alt.jpg

Bldg_41_Renov_4_Alt.jpg

Bldg_41_Renov_5_Alt.jpg

Bldg_41_Renov_6_Alt.jpg

Thanks for the pictures! You were luckier than I was. I tried over and over again to get pictures but security was always there. It looks really nice!

Linus and Lucy please at least confirm these pics are what you are seeing or not.
Hope you are having a great time!!

Upon further thought, I wonder if they have to do a model room up before they submit for permits? And perhaps they changed it upon review from the executives..... Hope so...it really needs some more color. I do like some of the details though, just not the colors. It does look more Poly.

I believe that is what they do...make a model room and then make changes as needed.

I just went back and looked at the pictures that husker posted. Look at the third picture from the top. Doesn't that look like a murphy bed size mattress on one of the beds?

Thursday night (June 5) I snuck over to Jamaica 41 and took photos of the renovated rooms. Curtains were open, lights were on, TV's were running.

Enjoy, Jim

Bldg_41_Renov_2_Alt.jpg

Bldg_41_Renov_2_Alt.jpg

Bldg_41_Renov_3_Alt.jpg

Bldg_41_Renov_4_Alt.jpg

Bldg_41_Renov_5_Alt.jpg

Bldg_41_Renov_6_Alt.jpg

AWESOME WORK!!! That looks great! :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Enjoy, Jim

Thanks for posting the pics!

Americans seem to have a penchant for dark wood. I'd far rather have light wood - which is why we liked CBR so much in the first place! The decor is less Caribbean and more Poly, and it's just so dark. I don't like PO because of the really dark decor.

Clearly, the new rooms are very similar to the model room from last year. Oddly, the one thing in that model room that really screamed "Caribbean" to me was the steel drum table, and that doesn't seem to have made the final cut. I could possibly see there was a problem with glare from it though.

I have to admit that I do like the design of the old rooms better. It just doesn't have a real Caribbean "feel" to it, to me at least. It looks like it could use some more splashes of color.

Clearly, the new rooms are very similar to the model room from last year. Oddly, the one thing in that model room that really screamed "Caribbean" to me was the steel drum table, and that doesn't seem to have made the final cut. I could possibly see there was a problem with glare from it though.

I have to admit that I do like the design of the old rooms better. It just doesn't have a real Caribbean "feel" to it, to me at least. It looks like it could use some more splashes of color.

I liked the steel drum table too and was disappointed to not see it in the new room pictures. Like you, I would like to see a splash of color somewhere in the room as I am not one who likes a lot of dark wood.

Thanks so much for the pics :-) I've just messaged a cm on Instagram I don't no him but seen he was workingh there so took the change to ask and he said there was only a few rooms finished and they are putting new beds and making the access ability to the rooms better. But from these pics they look like that have changed more :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter