• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The New Caribbean Beach FAQ Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
If these rumors are true, I would love to see queen beds and most definitely a murphy bed! We love CBR, but now are a family of 5.

Anyone remember when that buildings reno's started? That way we could estimate how long each building will take and know when the resort "could" be completely done. We are going in Nov. and queen beds would be a bonus since my DH and I will each be sharing a bed with one of our kids (DD4, DS2). :love:

We just checked in to CBR this afternoon and we are in building 41 in Jamaica. We are in a refurbished room and are quite pleased. However, our room does not have a Murphy bed (which is fine with us as we don't need it). I spoke to a CM outside of our building and she indicated that not all rooms had Murphy beds. Building 41 is complete and they are working on building 42. I read in a forum on another site that someone thought that preferred rooms got Murphy beds. We are a standard room, so this may explain the lack of a Murphy bed. I love the new doors that separate the sink area from the sleeping area. If you've seen the leaked photos online, the decor is very similar.

Pics or it didn't happen. popcorn::

I'm getting cynical in my old age, but I'm thinking the same thing. New poster, pops in and then leaves, eye witness account that the building wasn't anywhere close to finished just days ago, mention of leaked photos but none of us can find them. I'm having a hard time believing it.

I'm getting cynical in my old age, but I'm thinking the same thing. New poster, pops in and then leaves, eye witness account that the building wasn't anywhere close to finished just days ago, mention of leaked photos but none of us can find them. I'm having a hard time believing it.

I'm not saying that the poster isn't being truthful but I, too, find it very hard to believe that the rooms in that building are ready for guests. I was there for two whole weeks and, when we left on Saturday, June 7th, work was still ongoing in that particular building. I'm talking full-on construction and at least several rooms looked like no work had been done on them at all other than taking everything out of the rooms.

Believe me, I did a whole lotta snooping around while I was there and I saw no signs that it was close to being done. Castmembers were tight-lipped about it too when I asked.

If I am remembering correctly, one of my Dis friends arrived a week before I did and she reported that work had just begun. That would put work beginning about three to four weeks ago. Just can't see the whole building being done that quickly. Factor in that they don't work on Sundays and there was no work being done on Memorial Day (I can attest to that because I was there), and, again, I can't see it complete by now.

Now, having said all of that, I sure hope that I am incorrect and the new rooms are open and we all see picture proof soon.

Old post from an old refurb thread with "leaked" photos.
Here's a thread on the info, but it is from 12/13: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3144185&highlight=cbr+refurb And here is a link to the site that has pictures of the new rooms: http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=198185 Looks like a full refurb. I wouldn't go by any "official" announcement to be a sign of if it's happening or not. Disney is notorious for not announcing these things until after it's started, if they announce it at all. And sometimes, if you call the resort, they don't even know! Your best bet is to keep checking this site and ask over on the CBR thread.

I remember the permits were issued with a start date of April 2014 and an end date of May 2015. They didn't begin work until May, so that gives them 12 full months to complete 33 buildings (minus the Pirate rooms in Trinidad South).
[/QUOTE]

Linus and Lucy only has one post so s/he won't be able to post pictures for a while. I think you have to have 15 posts before you can post a picture.

I would love a link to the "leaked photos" if anyone finds that.

I was at the resort for two weeks and never saw a completed room. Heck, I couldn't even get close enough for good pictures because of security and various castmembers being stationed near the building. I even tried going up to the second floor of Jamaica 42 in the hope of seeing into one of the rooms but you couldn't see much because they kept the doors and curtains closed.

I have looked all over the internet for the leaked pictures and can not find a thing on anybody else posting any. I was curious because we moved our reservation on Saturday back to CB for Nov 22-29 and that's the only reason I made the decision. So was hoping for pictures I do not believe they are finished someone would have posted something. That is just my opinion.

I have looked all over the internet for the leaked pictures and can not find a thing on anybody else posting any. I was curious because we moved our reservation on Saturday back to CB for Nov 22-29 and that's the only reason I made the decision. So was hoping for pictures I do not believe they are finished someone would have posted something. That is just my opinion.

I have done a search too and found nothing but those posted on the other sight over a year ago. As I posted above, I was just there and didn't see any completed rooms and construction was still ongoing.

As far as you getting a new room in November, I would think that your chances are very good. At least some of the buildings/villages will be complete by then.

Anyone remember when that buildings reno's started? That way we could estimate how long each building will take and know when the resort "could" be completely done. We are going in Nov. and queen beds would be a bonus since my DH and I will each be sharing a bed with one of our kids (DD4, DS2). :love:

One of my Dis friends was there a week or so before we arrived on May 24th and she posted that they had just started while she was there. Work was going on when we arrived and was still going strong when we left this past Saturday, June 7th. I honestly can't see that the building would be open to guests this quickly as it sure looked like they were far from finished.

I saw the pics of the model room that a guy took a year or so ago. I googled it and found them. I still don't know why someone would post they checked into a refurb room without posting a couple of pics.

I think we should be thankful to the people who take their time to share informations and pictures. I doubt that being critical will encourage people to share. Plus, I totally believe what has been posted because I've been told the same info by one on the CBR manager... :)

Here is the link to the "leaked pictures"

http://s1291.photobucket.com/user/florida995/media/photo8_zps128d343c.jpg.html

I think we should be thankful to the people who take their time to share informations and pictures. I doubt that being critical will encourage people to share. Plus, I totally believe what has been posted because I've been told the same info by one on the CBR manager... :)

Those are the leaked pictures that were taken back in 2013. I admit that I am somewhat doubtful that the building is open for guests because I was just there and work was still being done on the building that the poster referred to.

As I said above, I do hope that I am incorrect and the poster is, indeed, in one of the new rooms. I took time out of my vacation to post everything that was going on while I was there so that my fellow Disers could know what was happening. If the poster is, indeed, in a new room, then I'd love to see them post again and at least give us a bit more information. Did you speak to the CBR manager directly? When I was there, I spoke with a manager at the Custom House and she gave me very little information other than the rooms were being refurbed.

These pics were taken in March. ::confused:: and this person's face is in it.....not smart if it is taken by a cast member/construction worker. I don't know how this could have been taken in March, unless taken by a cast member? They didn't even have permits then. Wonder if they are allowed to do one room without a permit?

I saw the pics of the model room that a guy took a year or so ago. I googled it and found them. I still don't know why someone would post they checked into a refurb room without posting a couple of pics.

You have to have a certain number of posts before you can post pictures on the Dis. I hope that the poster will come back to the boards and give us a bit more information and, after having enough posts, posts pictures so that we can all see the new rooms.

These pics were taken in March. ::confused:: and this person's face is in it.....not smart if it is taken by a cast member/construction worker. I don't know how this could have been taken in March, unless taken by a cast member? They didn't even have permits then. Wonder if they are allowed to do one room without a permit?

They were taken in early 2013 and someone (I can't remember their name) on the Dis said that it was a friend who took those pictures when they were at the resort. Word was they were walking by a room, saw that the room looked different than theirs and they snuck in to take pictures since the room was left open/unattended.

Thursday night (June 5) I snuck over to Jamaica 41 and took photos of the renovated rooms. Curtains were open, lights were on, TV's were running.

Enjoy, Jim

Photos from Jamaica 41 Rooms Being Renovated (Thursday Night, June 5, 2014):

Bldg_41_Renov_2_Alt.jpg

Bldg_41_Renov_2_Alt.jpg

Bldg_41_Renov_3_Alt.jpg

Bldg_41_Renov_4_Alt.jpg

Bldg_41_Renov_5_Alt.jpg

Bldg_41_Renov_6_Alt.jpg

Linus and Lucy please at least confirm these pics are what you are seeing or not.
Hope you are having a great time!!

Upon further thought, I wonder if they have to do a model room up before they submit for permits? And perhaps they changed it upon review from the executives..... Hope so...it really needs some more color. I do like some of the details though, just not the colors. It does look more Poly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter