• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The NEW B&N Nook IS a Tablet.... NOW Im interested =) VS. Kindle Fire

I find Amazons customer service much more friendly and accessible than B&Ns. That helped make my decision.

I'll admit I don't have much experience with either, but my husband liked the fact that we could walk into our local B&N and get support vs having to call. The memory is really the biggest deciding factor for us. The Fire only has 8GB of which 2 are being used by the operating system and there is no way to expand it.

With the kindle fire you receive Internet ...is it free with the kindle or would I need to pay for a package:confused3

I am hoping that Apple comes out with a lower priced Ipad. I have looked around a little online and have read rumors that they may launch a lower price one in late winter or early spring to compete with the Kindle Fire. I don't know if it would be smaller than the Ipad or what would be left off of it to get to a lower price but I am interested. I really like my Ipad Touch and wish it were bigger--but I don't want to pay THAT much for it.

Too small to be useful as anything other than a reader, even with color. I'll take the iPad at $500 and enjoy a real pc alternative. I stream hulu plus and netflix on my ipad already and it's small... on a Nook tablet or a Kindle fire it would be much too small.

I don't think it's too small. 7in is just about the right size for some people. I can see a market for it and for the 10-12in range as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter