The New and Updated Port Orleans Riverside FAQ Thread for 2008 --- NOW CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I think I'm gonna suck it up & switch to POR!

I reckon you'd already made your mind up and just wanted us to back you up, LOL :rotfl:

All the other things you've been told about there being more room at deluxes, and suites being bigger, and having more bathrooms, etc are quite true... but you already know how big the rooms at POR are, and you know how big your own family is and how easily everyone gets on (or doesn't!). You also know how far that extra $800 would go in terms of having fun while you're there, and you obviously like the resort itself already.

IMHO, unless everyone wants a bath/shower first thing every morning, the two sinks are usually enough for the morning getaway. And as you say, apart from sleep time you'll all be coming and going at different times anyway (especially with the LO) so the issues will be minimised.

I'd say go for it, you know you want to... :)

Andre

I reckon you'd already made your mind up and just wanted us to back you up, LOL:rotfl:

All the other things you've been told about there being more room at deluxes, and suites being bigger, and having more bathrooms, etc are quite true... but you already know how big the rooms at POR are, and you know how big your own family is and how easily everyone gets on (or doesn't!).

IMHO, unless everyone wants a bath/shower first thing every morning, the two sinks are usually enough for the morning getaway. And as you say, apart from sleep time you'll all be coming and going at different times anyway (especially with the LO) so the issues will be minimised.

I'd say go for it, you know you want to... :)

Andre

Yea, I think I just needed to hear that I wasn't nuts, lol! :lmao:
Totally true, the most that would take showers in the mornings are 2-3 people. Others bathe at night. As long as no one is doing marathon showers, we should be fine.
You're right, you know I want to..... :cloud9:

Ok, since we're all POR fans here, I want some other, honest opinions from POR lovers. We honeymooned at POR back in 2007 & I fell in love with the resort. That being said, we are a large family, there are 6 of us total but 1 under 3, so for room purposes, we are 5. I know all about the family suites, have picked them for now. But I adore POR & would love to stay here again before we can't, ie when we count as 6 or have to get 2 rooms. Give it to me straight, will we be miserable if I switch to POR? I know we'd only have 1 bathroom, not as much space, etc. We'll be there for 7 nights. The LO & I would definately be coming back for an afternoon nap, everyone else would stay in the park. We were thinking we'd bring a twin size air mattress for one of the boys. So, the 2 beds, the trundle & an air mattress, 1 bathroom, 1 TV. Would we hate each other by the end? Is it jut too much?!
Honest opinions please. I've asked on my own thread but everyone tells me, go deluxe, etc, etc. Or the family suites, which if the consenus here is no POR, that's what I'd go with, but wow, it's almost $800 more!

I am glad you already made up your mind...
I was gonna say pretty much what the others have said, you know how your family is and what they can take in space. My family is 3 adults and no kids, but if all of us went to WDW we would have to have 2 rooms... so it really depends on how your family is.

In the mornings, if I want to be where the buses do their first pick-up at POR, would that be at the main bus stop? I understand that POR is a large resort and that the buses will be quite crowded. I don't mind standing but I would really hate not being able to fit on the bus at all and have to wait for the next one.

Alternatively, in the evenings, where do they usually do the first drop off? Is it the bus stop behind the Mansions? or the main?

(I did ask this question on another thread but I did not receive any responses so I thought I would try here)

In the mornings, if I want to be where the buses do their first pick-up at POR, would that be at the main bus stop? I understand that POR is a large resort and that the buses will be quite crowded. I don't mind standing but I would really hate not being able to fit on the bus at all and have to wait for the next one.

Alternatively, in the evenings, where do they usually do the first drop off? Is it the bus stop behind the Mansions? or the main?

(I did ask this question on another thread but I did not receive any responses so I thought I would try here)

Oh, I'm kind of interested in this as well. We have requested the Acadian House which is near a bus stop, but curious the order in which the buses are loaded and unloaded.

I lam very used to the bus routes of the CBR and I am curious how the bus routes at POR compare to CBR. I realize they are 2 different resorts and they will have different plans. :confused3

Good Question.
We just came back from the resort last week and it was different each time with each bus driver. Sometimes it was dedicated to Riverside only and they would bypass the main (South depot) and go straight to the West Depot (Alligator Bayou) first and the last stop would be the main building then it would completely change on the next day.

At night we would sometimes stop at French Quarter with people and at other times we would go straight to the West Depot at Riverside. It was always strange because we would go in the French Qtr entrance each time when we were coming back but wouldn't stop there.

We did have to stand about 30% of the time. Mostly at night.

Here is my picture of the day not related to any bus talk.

Sassagoula River (Alligator Bayou side)
IMG_1182.jpg

:cool1:This Is a kind of sad and happy post!. My DS just gave me a early father days presant,by upgradeing us to the contemp for our Sept trip:cool1::sad2:. Happy we get to stay at the Contemp for the frist time,but kind of sad we will not be going to POR. I will be with all of you going to POR in hart:goodvibes. I think I will look into POR for my May trip, i was going to go back to POP but I might push that back for our 2012 christmas trip:cool1:

Hi,

We're coming Back!!

DW, my twin 10 year old boys and I will be staying at POR for the period of Aug 28th- Sep 4th for free dining. (We also will stay at POP from the 25-27th)

This is our Sixth trip since Easter of 2007, and it is the first time we will return to a previous resort. In 2007 we stayed at POFQ which we liked. In 2008 we stayed off property (never again). In 2009 we stayed at POR in Magnolia Terrace. In 2010 we were going to stay in Alligator Bayou, but switched to WL, last December we snuck away for a four night stay at BC without the boys.

After staying at two deluxes and two moderates we feel that POR is right for us. I can spend the money, but the amenities of the Deluxes are just not worth it especially at WL. (with maybe, just maybe the location of BC being an exception)

Count us in with the POR fanatics that we have in here!!

Go Canucks!!

Good Question.
We just came back from the resort last week and it was different each time with each bus driver. Sometimes it was dedicated to Riverside only and they would bypass the main (South depot) and go straight to the West Depot (Alligator Bayou) first and the last stop would be the main building then it would completely change on the next day.

At night we would sometimes stop at French Quarter with people and at other times we would go straight to the West Depot at Riverside. It was always strange because we would go in the French Qtr entrance each time when we were coming back but wouldn't stop there.

We did have to stand about 30% of the time. Mostly at night.

Here is my picture of the day not related to any bus talk.

Sassagoula River (Alligator Bayou side)
IMG_1182.jpg

I love this one too. We have booked a river view room....I hope this is what I will see every morning when I walk out my room door. Fingers are crossed for a view as beautiful as this one.

The superior quiet pools in Alligator Bayou vs Magnolia bend is probably the main reason we will stay in AB in August

I would like to know if the bottom of the pools at POFQ are rough...enough to wear water shoes. One week 'til trip!!! :dance3:

I would like to know if the bottom of the pools at POFQ are rough...enough to wear water shoes. One week 'til trip!!! :dance3:

They are not tiled on the bottom (too slippery I assume) but I've never felt the need to wear shoes. This thread is for POR by the way, but the pool at POFQ is the same in that respect.

Andre

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter