The New and Updated Port Orleans French Quarter FAQ Thread for 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here now. Been here since last Sunday and am so sad to be leaving in a couple days. POFQ is truly amazing! I fell in love as soon as we got here. We are in building 1 right by the river. Everything is so close.
Our mousekeeper, Keyla, has been great. Lots of little towel animals for DFi and I. Very clean room and grounds. Everyone has been so friendly. I have a feeling we'll be returning here next year before moving on to a new resort.
I haven't seen Tiana roaming anywhere...

Here now. Been here since last Sunday and am so sad to be leaving in a couple days. POFQ is truly amazing! I fell in love as soon as we got here. We are in building 1 right by the river. Everything is so close.
Our mousekeeper, Keyla, has been great. Lots of little towel animals for DFi and I. Very clean room and grounds. Everyone has been so friendly. I have a feeling we'll be returning here next year before moving on to a new resort.

Yay! So glad you're having fun! It is hard to leave, isn't it? Have you gotten a bounceback offer yet?

we just got back last week :lovestruc we spent 9 days at POFQ and LOVED it!!!! Bounceback is already booked for next year :thumbsup2

Who ever said size matters was right, and in the case of Port Orleans French Quarter it is the close proximity and welcoming atmosphere that makes me want to bypass other resorts, both large and small, to escape here.

To all of you with future plans - here's a little extra pixie dust :wizard: to make your planning and travel go smoothly.

I'm so happy for you that you're enjoying POFQ! Have fun! :yay:

Yay! So glad you're having fun! It is hard to leave, isn't it? Have you gotten a bounceback offer yet?
The bounceback appears to be the same free dining that's already available but, we'll probably book tomorrow just to make it official and make it a little easier to leave on Sunday knowing the next trip is booked!
I'm so happy for you that you're enjoying POFQ! Have fun! :yay:
This resort will always have a special place in my heart now because I got engaged Tuesday! Granted it was on the Poly beach right before our Kona breakfast but, this trip turned into an engagement celebration! And POFQ was the perfect resort to stay at for the week.:lovestruc

This resort will always have a special place in my heart now because I got engaged Tuesday! Granted it was on the Poly beach right before our Kona breakfast but, this trip turned into an engagement celebration! And POFQ was the perfect resort to stay at for the week.:lovestruc

Congratulations! How absolutely fabulous! :goodvibes

I better remind the husband. :rotfl2:

I called Disney and requested Building #5.

The crazy thing is, there was already a request on there for a "building close to the main building." I hadn't requested that (yet), but it's as if they read my mind. Could it be that they read that from our last request from our Christmas trip? My husband had an old military injury and the long walk is hard on him. I know that sounds crazy...but that is all I can think of.

Building 4 is the building closest to the main building and the bus stop. As others have told you, 5 is closer to the pool, hot tub, and main building. Building 2 is closer to the boat dock than 5. But honestly, nothing is that far at this resort.

This resort will always have a special place in my heart now because I got engaged Tuesday!

Congratulations! :cheer2:

Now you need to start planning the Honeymoon trip of course. :)

Between all the celebrating, could you maybe have quick word with someone at the front desk (ideally a mananger) to see if they have any more news on the room rehabs which were reported to be commencing sometime in October? Any info you can prise out of them would be great.

Andre

This resort will always have a special place in my heart now because I got engaged Tuesday! Granted it was on the Poly beach right before our Kona breakfast but, this trip turned into an engagement celebration! And POFQ was the perfect resort to stay at for the week.:lovestruc[/QUOTE]

Congrats!! :yay: May you enjoy the rest of your trip and have tons of fun planning the wedding!!:lovestruc

Congratulations! :cheer2:

Now you need to start planning the Honeymoon trip of course. :)

Between all the celebrating, could you maybe have quick word with someone at the front desk (ideally a mananger) to see if they have any more news on the room rehabs which were reported to be commencing sometime in October? Any info you can prise out of them would be great.

Andre

Thank you!
I'll will see what I can find out for everyone.

We never had a problem getting on the boat for DTD but if you are worried about it, how about getting on when it stops to unload people at POFQ from DTD while on its way to POR. You'll get an extra ride (up to POR) but you'll also have your seat.

Congrats, DisGirl23! How exciting! Have fun planning :goodvibes

Thanks to everyone for the recent positive posts -- we will be there in 20 days! CAN'T WAIT!!!!!

Hope everyone has a great trip :woohoo:

Congratulations! :)

We never had a problem getting on the boat for DTD but if you are worried about it, how about getting on when it stops to unload people at POFQ from DTD while on its way to POR. You'll get an extra ride (up to POR) but you'll also have your seat.

I considered that idea. I asked the boat captain if I could do that and he told me 'You will have to get off at Riverside and re-board waiting in the line there'. So it was kind of pointless. He also told me it was 'impossible' that a boat came back from Riverside mostly full, so I was glad when one pulled up full as he was standing there. Maybe he was grouchy that day.:confused3

It's only 12 short days until we leave! For the last week I've been talking to DH about changing our resort to only one day at POFQ and then the rest of the week at WL. We stayed at FQ for the first time in May and we absolutely loved it!!! Couldn't have been happier with our stay there! I don't know why I was trying to change my mind, but that doesn't matter anymore! Last night I watched The Princess and the Frog for the first time and it got me excited about FQ again! I know that must sound crazy, but it's true. I can't wait until we get there, such a beautiful resort and excellent mousekeeping! Small and quaint, just the way we like it!

We've had the same issues with full boat after full boat coming from por and the same answer that you would have to get off the boat at por. It seems like they add an extra boat at 5 or 6 and supposedly the lines get better after that but we encountered awful boat lines a few times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter