The New and Updated Port Orleans French Quarter FAQ Thread for 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want POFQ rehab before June 2011.
I am sure it is due for one :goodvibes

We may stay there - it is our moderate choice, but we have read about some wear and tear in the furniture, rugs, curtains, bathrooms and bedspreads.
My family will not go from a deluxe resort to a moderate if the room looks dingy and worn. :headache:

Jeany - I don't think there is a rehab scheduled for any time at all. There is just a talk on here that it would be nice. :goodvibes

From the one's that have been to the POFQ in the last few months, just how bad is this resort? Has it reached the point, that if you were going back to WDW in June, would you choose a different moderate resort?

From the one's that have been to the POFQ in the last few months, just how bad is this resort? Has it reached the point, that if you were going back to WDW in June, would you choose a different moderate resort?

Absolutely not! I was there last November and before that, last May, I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again. The rooms looked fine, maybe in need of freshening up somewhat but POFQ is far from being a dump!

Goldenbear- i was there 1 year ago and i thought that the condition was fine. The only reason i would choose a different resort is just for variety. POFQ is one of my favorites!

I was just there in December and it is fine. As others have said, the time is coming for Disney to think about a rehab "in our opinion" but it is never a guarantee! I would NOT choose a different resort!

I was wondering if interest in Port Orleans has increased since "The Princess and the Frog" was released.
New Orleans style setting and all it would follow!

I have read through the last couple of pages and just wanted to make a comment. For those that have not yet stayed at POFQ - don't be afraid to try it! You really do need to see it for your self and make up your own mind about whether or not you like it! If you rely soley on others opinions you will never know for yourself if it is a good thing!

We were there the same time as a few others and we found it to be just what we needed! Small, quaint, CM's were kind and helpful, food was good and the pool area was great! Room was clean and just what we needed! I have read some others comments here and on other threads and I think they are being a little bit too harsh and critical.

Just don't be afraid to try it for yourself! :goodvibes

We were at POFQ last May, for our first trip to Disney World. We absolutely loved it - was everything pristine and new ? No - but I don't recall seeing anything that would make me not want to stay there. If you read all the different threads about the Disney resorts, the quality of the rooms is discussed, and there are horror stories about every resort, I think ! :) We're going back to Disney this year, and although we will be stayiny at CBR this year, I'll miss POFQ - the only reason we're not staying there is that we want to try a different resort every time. If you're heading there this year - enjoy ! :)

I will be taking a bus to DTD (to the AMC movie theater actually) during my stay to see the new Alice in Wonderland :cool1: Where is the water taxi dock at DTD to get back to POFQ? In the info page of this thread it states that the water taxi stops running at 11pm. Is that still the case? How can I get back to POFQ from DTD after 11pm? Is there a bus or will I need to take a cab?
TIA,
erica

I will be taking a bus to DTD (to the AMC movie theater actually) during my stay to see the new Alice in Wonderland :cool1: Where is the water taxi dock at DTD to get back to POFQ? In the info page of this thread it states that the water taxi stops running at 11pm. Is that still the case? How can I get back to POFQ from DTD after 11pm? Is there a bus or will I need to take a cab?
TIA,
erica

The boat docks near the RFC. I remeber from our last trip that the buses ran a couple of hours past the boat. The boat pilot always mentioned during the evening trip to DTD when the last boat was and when/where to catch the bus if you were leaving late.

Andre a few questions please :flower3:

On your website it states that you can pay for just refills for a refillable mug purchased previously. I take that to mean there's a program for unlimited refills using an older mug for a reduced fee?

Also if I do use a mug can it be used at POR and POFQ?

And lastly :-)hug: thank you so much)-Can you recommend a room midway between POFQ food court and POR? Staying at POFQ...

( I also asked this in the POR thread...oops)

Andre a few question too!

I wanted to know is which building is close to the food courts in POFQ I meant a quiet room!

I wonder too! Can I use my old mug or to buy another mug in POFQ!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter