The New and Updated Port Orleans French Quarter FAQ Thread for 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe we'll pass each other in the courtyards of POFQ. We even have the same countdown ticker!

Ok you two -- get your Lime Green Mickey Heads from Home Depot and put them in your window and on your backpacks / waist packs / side bags and wherever else you can think of so you can find each other! And then come back and tell us about it. :goodvibes

We are in POFQ right now and we are just loving it here it's beautiful and very relaxing (despite some noisy neighbours), the boat rides are a nice touch and the pool has been lovely many folks don't like the cold water but for us it's fine:goodvibes We've seen a few ducks and a turtle and some rabbits and a squirrel or two and lots of little geckos everywhere and black headed cranes and egrets and loads of butteflies... just stunning. The flowers are blossoming nicely and the landscaping crews are keeping well on top of everything. It's a shame that they made the fountain a smoking area it would have been a perfect spot to enjoy a coffee as the sun comes up. The buses have been great despite work at DTD near the bus stops and the scare the other afternoon.

We have a food review going too if anyone wants to pop by and read it ;)

Wifey, How wonderful! So glad you are having a great time...FQ is so pretty.

If possible, would you post a link to your food review? Would like to follow along!

Thanks for taking time during your stay to pop by. :goodvibes

I just clicked your link. Are you on the Moms Panel? Btw, I grew up in Baltimore, just north of the no-longer-there Memorial Stadium.

No, I'm not on the Moms Panel, that would be really cool. My wife applied for the 2010 panel. I miss Memorial Stadium.

It's a shame that they made the fountain a smoking area it would have been a perfect spot to enjoy a coffee as the sun comes up.

Yes, that would be my one disappointment. It seems that some of the nicest locations for just sitting are now smoking areas. I would have liked to have sat down by the water on the covered dock area, but that is a smoking area now too. And even with these areas designated for smoking, I saw way more people standing outside their rooms smoking than actually using the smoking areas. Two girls (underage and without chaperones) sat right outside our ac vent and smoked. My husband has a lung disorder and we spoke to the girls but they acted like we should apologize to them. Oh well. POFQ is great in all other aspects and you can't blame the resort for the behavior of the guests.

Ok you two -- get your Lime Green Mickey Heads from Home Depot and put them in your window and on your backpacks / waist packs / side bags and wherever else you can think of so you can find each other! And then come back and tell us about it. :goodvibes

That's a good idea!

Just got back from a fabulous week! The FQ is still my favorite though in places it is showing a little wear and tear. Also noticed more smokers in random places this year. My kids were disappointed that the slide was always closed while we were there...it was closed before 10pm. The staff was incredibly friendly and helpful all week! Beingets were as yummy as we remembered. Mousekeeping was just ok.

The biggest difference we saw this year was the bus service. In the past, we rarely shared a bus with riverside. This year we shared about half the time and sometimes it went to Riverside first and sometimes FQ first both with pick up and drop offs. I found they still ran pretty frequently so the wait was minimal either way.

This is still my fav resort!

Just wondering-how easy/hard is it to get towels at the pool at FQ? Would it be best to bring our own?

Just wondering-how easy/hard is it to get towels at the pool at FQ? Would it be best to bring our own?

There are free towels at the poolside, use as many as you need. You can drop them off at the pool again, or if you take them back to the room the maids will collect them for you the next day.

Andre

re pool slide closed @ 10 pm, assume it was due to lifeguards being off duty. Just wondering (doubtful we'd swim late, moreso the early birds in the water;)), is the pool open 24-7 or does it close entirely @ a particular time?

jmho, in the early fall the pools r chilly @ night onsite, don't seem as though they turn up the heat until Dec:confused3. I've been happy with the pool temps @ the values then and most of the DVC resorts during Dec trips...always like how the pools look @ night with the mist coming off them.;)

anybody go last year in early Dec & remember how 'toasty' the pool was in evening & am?

Thanks for the reply about the towels, Andre...good to know I'll have more room in my luggage for souvenirs. :)

Anyone know if there's a hottub at FQ? That's the one thing DH and I were disappointed about at POP...no hottub. And after a LONG day in the parks, it would've really come in handy.

Anyone know if there's a hottub at FQ? That's the one thing DH and I were disappointed about at POP...no hottub. And after a LONG day in the parks, it would've really come in handy.

Yes, there's a nice hot tub in a secluded area near the pool (and in front of the Mardi Grogs pool bar, if my memory is correct).

I'm looking forward to trying it out in about three weeks!:cool1:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter