The New and Updated Port Orleans French Quarter FAQ Thread for 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was at POFQ March 8-15th and the bus never stopped at POR in the mornings on the bus I was on.

It was also once coming back from a park that we dropped off at POR. I think for the most part, POFQ has a dedicated bus, depending on crowd level. I was out at the bus stops early. It may have changed during the day. :confused3

When I checked in, I did not get beads, but when my goddaughter visited, she got a coin from the doormen. She was thrilled! :goodvibes

I was in Building 5, first floor facing the courtyard. It was a wonderful spot! But if you are further back in Building 7, there is a bit of a cut through to get to the bus stop without going through the main building. :)

I have read quite a few recent reports saying that the decor/beds/paintwork at French Quarter need attention and that it is in need of a rehab. Does anyone know when it is due for new TVs etc like Coronado and Caribbean Beach etc.
Debsx:hug:

We are about to book our first trip to French Quarter and I have a couple of questions!!! Do you get beads when you check in?!! Like the flowers at the Poly?
We are going the first week in Jan, is it likely to be quiet or crowded?!
How many floors are in each building?!
Thanks for indulging me!
Debx;)

I didn't get beads when we checked in last Sept/Oct 08.. but I did get beads in the general store at POFQ.. it was the day we were leaving and I was very upset (for good reason!) and a CM in the store gave them to me :goodvibes

Can't wait to go back!

Oh bummer. We are from MA and will be also staying at POFQ. My daughter dances, too and is hoping that her dance team will be dancing at Disney World in 2012! We would have loved to see you guys perform, but we aren't arriving until 4/22. How long will you be staying at POFQ?
Awww that is a bummer!!! I'll let you know how the performance goes! We are going to be at POFQ 4/20-4/25!!!! I'm sure you'll see us! There will be 18 very excited high school girls with 18 chaperones in tow lol

I think POFQ last had a refurbishment in 2004 so it will most likely be a while before it has another one unless it drastically needs doing.

Awww that is a bummer!!! I'll let you know how the performance goes! We are going to be at POFQ 4/20-4/25!!!! I'm sure you'll see us! There will be 18 very excited high school girls with 18 chaperones in tow lol

I'll be there at the same time, 4/20 to 4/27. Look for a chubby short grey-haired lady with a tall bald guy. I'll have my LGMH on me somewhere.

After some info re pool towels - where are these? do I need to get from Mousekeeping or are they by the pool?

Also, thinking of spending our last few hours after checkout by the pool - is there somewhere we will be able to shower and change before catching ME?

I'll have my LGMH on me somewhere.

Speaking of LGMH - I was thinking about making one so I can have it with me this trip. How/what do I need? I know the mickey head (in alien green) from Home Depot. But do you laminate it? What/how do you hang it from your bag? :confused3

After some info re pool towels - where are these? do I need to get from Mousekeeping or are they by the pool?

Also, thinking of spending our last few hours after checkout by the pool - is there somewhere we will be able to shower and change before catching ME?

There are pool towels by the pool. No need to get them from mousekeeping.

There are showers in the bathroom by the pool with a nice changing area. We did this one year and had no issues.

Enjoy!

This is our first trip to POFQ and we are only staying 2 nights.....so which building/floor would you suggest for a nice standard view? Would like to be within easy walking distance of the main pool and the restuarant.

Also, how do you book the horse and carriage rides? How much are they? And where do they take you? Looks lovely!
debx:upsidedow

:wave: You'll find loads of great info on the first page and on Andre's site dedicated to Port Orleans: http://www.portorleans.org/

None of the buildings are a long walk - it is a compact and lovely resort. Tree lined streets, courtyards, fountains.... If you want to be closest to the Lobby/Food Court/Bus bldg 5 is the most central, some parts of bldg 4 are very close, bldg 2 is a very nice location. Some guests enjoy bldg 3 as it is on the other side of the Lobby bldg.

Have fun and enjoy your stay at FQ! :)

:wave: You'll find loads of great info on the first page and on Andre's site dedicated to Port Orleans: http://www.portorleans.org/

None of the buildings are a long walk - it is a compact and lovely resort. Tree lined streets, courtyards, fountains.... If you want to be closest to the Lobby/Food Court/Bus bldg 5 is the most central, some parts of bldg 4 are very close, bldg 2 is a very nice location. Some guests enjoy bldg 3 as it is on the other side of the Lobby bldg.

Have fun and enjoy your stay at FQ! :)

Just had to say that easter Sunday Pic in your signature is ADORABLE!!

Speaking of LGMH - I was thinking about making one so I can have it with me this trip. How/what do I need? I know the mickey head (in alien green) from Home Depot. But do you laminate it? What/how do you hang it from your bag? :confused3

I honestly don't know what the protocol is. I peeled some of the LGMHs off the backing, put two of them together back to back, then enclosed them with clear Contact paper (shelf liner with one sticky side). I punched a hole in two so that they will hang from the clip on my fanny pack. The others? I will figure out what to do with them when I get there. Maybe give a few away. Maybe put one in my window.

Just saw someone mention this in another post so it got me thinking..

Is there anywhere on POFQ property (or POR) to actually get REAL coffee? Not that Nescafe stuff they try to pass as coffee?

I think POFQ last had a refurbishment in 2004 so it will most likely be a while before it has another one unless it drastically needs doing.

Hello we are here right now (kiddos are taking a nap) and this Resort is just beautiful. :lovestruc Our rooms are in Bldg 3 and are fine. No signs of wear and tear and the painting crew has been out all week sprucing up the area.:thumbsup2

Hello we are here right now (kiddos are taking a nap) and this Resort is just beautiful. :lovestruc Our rooms are in Bldg 3 and are fine. No signs of wear and tear and the painting crew has been out all week sprucing up the area.:thumbsup2

Thanks for posting a live update! We will be arriving in just 6 days - can't wait!!!

I assume you are on a laptop computer? Is the plug in between the two beds or over by the round table (near the window)? Just curious as I'll be bringing my laptop as well!

Hope you enjoy the rest of your trip! How are the crowds? Thinning out - I hope!!! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter