• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The New and Updated Port Orleans French Quarter FAQ Thread for 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today...even though it's Sunday...we saw "hard hat" workers in the area this morning. They were taking supplies to Building 5...and signs are out that it is being refurbished. It does look like a few rooms are still in use there, but maybe they are being vacated tomorrow or the next day so the workers can start on other rooms until the building is empty? We talked to the electrical contractor and he said Building 4 is done, BUT....we can clearly see into open windows with no shades closed that at least a few of the building 4 rooms are not even near-done. We did see some maids cleaning some Building 4 rooms, though, so I'd assume a good part of Building 4 could be in use soon...and if I see evidence of that before we leave on Friday, I'll post here. At least we know that Building 5 is the next one to be refurbished...and the contractor said 3 weeks is their target time to complete it.

As the previous poster has stated they are starting to work on Bldg 5. We were told by concierge last night that parts of building 4 have been released to inventory. He did not say which rooms but that 4 should be completely opened by the middle of this week.

If any other questions please let us know and we will try to get them answered while we are here.

Off to Magic Kingdom tomorrow :yay:. Good night!!

Can anyone confirm that the beds in a standard room are full-size or queen? I could swear I hear queen but from the pics they look like full to me. Thanks!

Can anyone confirm that the beds in a standard room are full-size or queen? I could swear I hear queen but from the pics they look like full to me. Thanks!

Queen in the refurb rooms- Double beds are in building 1, 2, and 3 right now (but soon will be refurbished)

Wheels up at 10:55 this morning. Leaving for the airport shortly.

Hoping for a refurbed room. Had TA ask for one.

We have a King room so I will make sure to take lots of pics to post.

Here's hoping plane lands safely (I HATE to fly.....)

:love:

Whoa, you really sound like me. I hate to fly too but can't wait till we're there. We leave on Wednesday and have asked for a new room and we have a king room. Too funny. Hope you have a great time and we all get nice weather. I keep telling people that as long as it's over 50 and fairly sunny we'll be happy. It's 6 below here this morning!

As the previous poster has stated they are starting to work on Bldg 5. We were told by concierge last night that parts of building 4 have been released to inventory. He did not say which rooms but that 4 should be completely opened by the middle of this week.

If any other questions please let us know and we will try to get them answered while we are here.

Off to Magic Kingdom tomorrow :yay:. Good night!!

Keeping fingers crossed. I'll be there Wednesday!

Does anyone know if they are adding any rooms with trundle beds at FQ for a party of five?

How much time would you allow to get to an ADR at Chef Mickeys and Ohana?

We have both of those on the same day, breakfast and dinner and have never used buses to get to those. We've always had a car or stayed at WL which is close to both resorts.

Thanks!

How much time would you allow to get to an ADR at Chef Mickeys and Ohana?

We have both of those on the same day, breakfast and dinner and have never used buses to get to those. We've always had a car or stayed at WL which is close to both resorts.

Thanks!

We always give an hour just to be safe. You might not need it, but better safe than sorry.

As for a roll-away bed, I think it would be too tight. IF I think of it, I'll try to get a photo of the room that will show you (somehow) the small amount of floor space with the two queens in the room.

Also.......we see several rooms on the bottom floor of Bldg. 4 near our part of Bldg. 6 (we are in 6308) that are NOT done (lights seem to be left on in them at night and blinds aren't closed)....still don't even have the walls done behind the sink area, so it seems strange that they are working on 5 already with 4 not totally done. We did seem the pulling old bathtubs out of Bldg. 5 today....and wheeling them on carts out to trucks in the parking lot.

The refurb room pics look BEAUTIFUL! I'm a huge fan of purple and I'm loving those bedspreads! Very fitting too, purple and gold, LSU colors! :laughing:

DH and I just booked a weekend getaway at POFQ, we'll be checking in on Saturday, 2/5! For a last minute, relaxing weekend trip, I can't think of any place better than POFQ. We booked a king room, when we do online check-in I'll be requesting building 6 or 7 to hopefully get one of the refurb rooms but I'll be happy no matter where we are. :lovestruc

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter