The *NEW* 2008 SWAN & DOLPHIN Resort Information Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Slightly offtopic - or maybe not. Does anyone own one of the Westin's heavenly beds? I am thinking of buying the mattress and box springs for our home beds and wonder if anyone has one in their home and if so, what was their opinion of the mattress now that they sleep on it nightly?

http://www.westin-hotelsathome.com/...ss+&+Box+Spring&categoryLevel=1&itemID=HB-124

OOO.. would love to hear a response on this! I just LOVE those beds and wondered the same, as we do need a new one soon!! :cloud9:

TEACHERS!!!!

I booked a room for the week of Thanksgiving at the teacher rate of 179. I thought that was pretty good. My friend called yesterday and got it at 129! I called and got it for 129 also, plus since my original reservation was before the resort fee, I don't have that to pay. It's a summer special for teachers, so check it out!!! Sorry, but I just love saving money. :lovestruc

Me too! I love to save $$$. i just scored a teacher rate for $129 for three nights of my stay and $159 for the final night... soon- July! Its all good... got airfare for $2.22 round-trip on spirit airways!:banana: :banana:
So psyched to go back to WDW!:cheer2:

First off - thank you so much for the information on this thread! :) My DH and I keep kicking around the idea of staying at the Swan/Dolphin for our upcoming trip in October. We are currently booked at CBR and keep swaying back and forth on our decision. This thread with all the beautiful pictures - not to mention the location of the resort is making us lean more toward Swan/Dolphin and throw in the fact that I have enough points to get 5-nights free. I am a SPG Gold Member and called to inquire about rates at the Swan during our vacation window (for the 2 nights we have to pay out of pocket). I asked about AAA and AP discounted rates. (I do not have an AP but would consider buying if it dramatically reduced the rate). Basically what I found out is that both rates are identical on a standard room. However, I was told with the AP rate, I would get a complimentary upgrade to a resort view room. Here are my questions:

1) If I book with AAA rate will they upgrade me to a resort view room because of my SPG Gold status?

2) If I book an AP rate with a complimentary resort view room will they upgrade me to resort view room with a balcony due to SPG Gold status?

3) When you redeem points for free nights stay - do you always get a standard view room and will this effect any upgrade you may receive on the nights you pay out of pocket?

Sorry for being long-winded and confusing. :flower3: I've never redeemed points for a room so am not sure how it works and just trying to decide if buying an AP is worth the price for the "complimentary" upgrade?

Thank you for your advice!

First off - thank you so much for the information on this thread! :) My DH and I keep kicking around the idea of staying at the Swan/Dolphin for our upcoming trip in October. We are currently booked at CBR and keep swaying back and forth on our decision. This thread with all the beautiful pictures - not to mention the location of the resort is making us lean more toward Swan/Dolphin and throw in the fact that I have enough points to get 5-nights free. I am a SPG Gold Member and called to inquire about rates at the Swan during our vacation window (for the 2 nights we have to pay out of pocket). I asked about AAA and AP discounted rates. (I do not have an AP but would consider buying if it dramatically reduced the rate). Basically what I found out is that both rates are identical on a standard room. However, I was told with the AP rate, I would get a complimentary upgrade to a resort view room. Here are my questions:

1) If I book with AAA rate will they upgrade me to a resort view room because of my SPG Gold status?

2) If I book an AP rate with a complimentary resort view room will they upgrade me to resort view room with a balcony due to SPG Gold status?

3) When you redeem points for free nights stay - do you always get a standard view room and will this effect any upgrade you may receive on the nights you pay out of pocket?

Sorry for being long-winded and confusing. :flower3: I've never redeemed points for a room so am not sure how it works and just trying to decide if buying an AP is worth the price for the "complimentary" upgrade?

Thank you for your advice!

I have never had a bad room at the S/D and I've booked using a variety of rates or using points. I'm SPG gold, and I've never even had to mention that. Maybe once or twice I've asked for a balcony?

We plan on taking advantage of the new golf offering as part of the "water parks and more" option (6 of us). Does S/D provide transportation to Disney courses or do I need 2 cabs?

We were there June 14th-21st, and my dad and son went golfing at Magnolia's. They rented a town car to take them.

On Monday, you said, "Daisy's Garden shop in the dolphin has dvd's and cd's too!" I presume it still does. :confused::confused3
I was in the rush to finished the question i meant to say is the shop Daisy garden has dvd's and CD's in the Dolphin resort? I can't wait to stay in the dolphin for $129 florida resident rate.

Slightly offtopic - or maybe not. Does anyone own one of the Westin's heavenly beds? I am thinking of buying the mattress and box springs for our home beds and wonder if anyone has one in their home and if so, what was their opinion of the mattress now that they sleep on it nightly?

http://www.westin-hotelsathome.com/...ss+&+Box+Spring&categoryLevel=1&itemID=HB-124

:goodvibes SingingMom, Geauxdisney; if you do buy, please post or pm me your experiences with both the bed and with buying from westin.

I'm excited, DH and I just agreed on another Disney trip staying at the Swan. Disney in Dec, LA in March (looking for ancester graves in Cameron Parish), then back to Disney in May. I am so lucky! :woohoo:

There is usually a 40 perent off code floating around for Westin bedding that is an employee discount but you don't have to be an employee to use it. I will see If I can find one but I think the last one I saw is expired:)

The code expired on June 30th. but there is usually a new code every few months. It's like a friends and family code for Westin sleep products. Here is a link to the thread that discusses it. There is also a link in the thread for the westin products. I will keep any eye out and post a new code when it comes out.

http://forums.slickdeals.net/showthread.php?t=839313

I was in the rush to finished the question i meant to say is the shop Daisy garden has dvd's and CD's in the Dolphin resort? I can't wait to stay in the dolphin for $129 florida resident rate.

Jeany - are there specific CD's or DVD's you are looking for? Whatever Daisy's Garden may have, it will cost more there than if you buy it from your local discount store. If they are Disney CD's/DVD's - you can probably buy them for less at www.amazon.com

Jeany - are there specific CD's or DVD's you are looking for? Whatever Daisy's Garden may have, it will cost more there than if you buy it from your local discount store. If they are Disney CD's/DVD's - you can probably buy them for less at www.amazon.com
YES! I need to find the soundtrack of WALL-E CD. And behind of Disney world by History Channel.

YES! I need to find the soundtrack of WALL-E CD. And behind of Disney world by History Channel.

I am reasonably sure Wal-Mart or Target would have the WALL-E soundtrack CD. I kind of doubt Daisy's Garden will have the History Channel DVD. You are more likely to find that at a bigger store in one of the theme parks or at Downtown Disney.

I am reasonably sure Wal-Mart or Target would have the WALL-E soundtrack CD. I kind of doubt Daisy's Garden will have the History Channel DVD. You are more likely to find that at a bigger store in one of the theme parks or at Downtown Disney.

did you try the History Channel website? They might have a store.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter