• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The *NEW* 2008 SWAN & DOLPHIN Resort Information Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had to call the hotel directly for another reason and asked about the renovations to the rooms. The very nice receptionist said that it had already been done. ??? I wonder if she meant the hotel public areas as I'm told that, that was in fact done already? We do have different tastes of course, but I was just wondering.

Here is a question for ya? We are SPG members as well. Last year we banked our points and also use the AMEX card to rack up points. So...we decided to splurge and get an executive suite at the Swan. This is basically a combination of three rooms. But when I spoke to the woman yesterday she asked if I wanted all the rooms on the same floor? I mean that was the purpose of a suite....No?

We are traveling with DD and SIL and thought it would be nice to have our own rooms and a common area as we are meeting family in FL and thought we'd have them up to visit.

Side note- The woman said that we were booked on the 12th floor and that she thought it was a very good room but couldn't tell me the room number. I guess I understand that. I know that that the Swan doesn't have a concierge level anymore but is there anywhere that they put out complimentary snacks or drinks at the Swan?

Thanks again!.

If you don't mind me asking, how many points did they charge you for the executive suite? Just wondering. We booked a deluxe room at the Dolphin for 10,000 points a night. We then added the balcony with a view for 1,000 points a night. We could have taken a chance for a free upgrade, but I don't want to take the chance of a room not being available. :wizard:

Thanks for starting this new thread!!!

I'm so excited to be going on our Disneymoon in June. We're staying at the Swan with the educator's discount @ $159!! :cool1:

I love all the helpful information and pictures posted by everyone!

I would love to thank everyone for all your help in planning my 35th anniversary. We leave on Monday. Telling hubby on sunday are actual anniversary. You have helped me so much We have never been there before. I choose the Dolphin 9th floor King double balcony. Made dinner reservations at the blue zoo. Hope it is good Thanks again. Will report when I get back!!!!!::banana:

I would love to thank everyone for all your help in planning my 35th anniversary. We leave on Monday. Telling hubby on sunday are actual anniversary. You have helped me so much We have never been there before. I choose the Dolphin 9th floor King double balcony. Made dinner reservations at the blue zoo. Hope it is good Thanks again. Will report when I get back!!!!!::banana:

Happy 35th Anniversary! :hug: Have a WONDERFUL time and make sure you tell us all about it!! :tinker:

Have a great trip... I think you will love the Swan and Dolphin!!! It has the best location. :)

I have a silly question about the toiletries provided.

I hear they are Bath and Body Works brand!!! This excites me a whole bunch as I'm not a huge fan of the Mickey stuff in the Disney hotels. I have used the travel B&BW stuff at another hotel (not a Starwood though) and I loved them!

Just wondering... what scent are they? Really silly, I know, but it's just one more thing to look forward to!

Enjoy, Grammy, and again, a very Happy Anniversary to you both. Let us know how you liked it when you return.

Grammy~ Happy Anniversary and enjoy your visit to the World. DH and I had dinner at the blue zoo and really liked it. Of course, Todd English, the celeb chef/owner, got his start in Boston. He opened a small restaurant in Charlestown called Olives and his celebrity took off from there.

I hope you have a great time! Happy Anniversary! I can't wait to read all about it when you get home!

Anniverstrawberries.gif

grammy520,
I'm so excited for you. :cheer2: I can't wait to hear what your hubby thinks about the surprise. :cool1: Be sure to take good notes, so you can share your opinion of the Dolphin & bluezoo with us.:teeth: We're consider both for the 1st time in May. Here's to a magical 35th anniversary. pixiedust:

I have only quickly skimmed but am I in the right place-- are these the WDW resorts with Teacher discounts?? Is it for both the Swan and the Dolphin? Are there any other resorts that offer a Teacher discount?

If I am in the right place, are there Resort view rooms at S&D? I would guess the view would be Epcot? And how are the buses? When we stopped her a couple times having been staying at CBR it looked completely empty and like people had been waiting a while.

We are looking to return to WDW around Memorial Day in May of 2008 and have been looking at Port Orleans until someone I work with mentioned that certain resorts at WDW offer discounts so I wanted to look into it.

Any info would be great as I peruse all the info on here! ;)

I have only quickly skimmed but am I in the right place-- are these the WDW resorts with Teacher discounts?? Is it for both the Swan and the Dolphin? Are there any other resorts that offer a Teacher discount?

If I am in the right place, are there Resort view rooms at S&D? I would guess the view would be Epcot? And how are the buses? When we stopped her a couple times having been staying at CBR it looked completely empty and like people had been waiting a while.

We are looking to return to WDW around Memorial Day in May of 2008 and have been looking at Port Orleans until someone I work with mentioned that certain resorts at WDW offer discounts so I wanted to look into it.

Any info would be great as I peruse all the info on here! ;)

First off.. you are in the right place and welcome :) There are links to teacher discounts in the very first post on this thread. This is the only resort on property that offers the teacher discount. Resort view is either Epcot or MGM. This resort has the best location! Please read post #1 and come back here to ask more questions.. :)

As far transportation. Swan/Dolphin uses the same transportation system as all the other WDW resorts. We have never had a problem with the bus or boat transportation. The boat will take your to MGM and Epcot and the bus will take you to AK and MK, Waterparks and Downtown Disney! :)

I have read numerous posts all over the boards about the many varying opinions re: using a TA or booking on your own. We have a Disney Cruise booked through Small World Vacations and are planning a week's stay at the Dolphin (thanks to all the helpful info on this thread!) prior to the cruise. Our TA offered to book it for us, but with all the knowledge you all have provided, I'm feeling like it may be advantageous for me to do it myself. I'm wondering if I would have more control over room requests, upgrades, etc? Any thoughts are much appreciated! :confused3

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter