9:00 PM

Sunday - A Bug's Life
Monday - Bolt
Tuesday - "Mystery Movie Night Under the Stars"
Wednesday - Beverly Hills Chihuahua
Thursday - The Jungle Book
Friday - Bedtime Stories
Saturday - Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl

Oh -- I think it would so fun to watch any of the Pirates movies out on the beach next to the SAB "shipwreck".:cloud9: I won't be there in June, but I can dream about it!

And if you see a tall frazzled woman screaming at Evan & Kaylee not to run by the pool, it's me ;)

Not only do we have the same type of room booked, but I have a Kaylie (different spelling though) too!

So if anyone sees a short, blonde woman yelling for her Kaylie to stop running near the pool, that would be me!

9:00 PM

Sunday - A Bug's Life
Monday - Bolt
Tuesday - "Mystery Movie Night Under the Stars"
Wednesday - Beverly Hills Chihuahua
Thursday - The Jungle Book
Friday - Bedtime Stories
Saturday - Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl

Thank you for posting the schedule. We will be staying a the BC for the first time from 6/11-6/18. We are so looking forward to it. :yay:

I am a lurker but have savored all of your information Teena. Thank you.

Thank you for posting the schedule. We will be staying a the BC for the first time from 6/11-6/18. We are so looking forward to it. :yay:

I am a lurker but have savored all of your information Teena. Thank you.

You're very welcome ... see you on the 14th and 15th!! Have a safe trip to the BC!!!!

Teena -

Thanks so much for posting the movie schedule! Can't believe in just 7 short days we will be checking in.......so much to do, so little time. :scared1:

See you soon:banana:

- Cathy

Not only do we have the same type of room booked, but I have a Kaylie (different spelling though) too!

So if anyone sees a short, blonde woman yelling for her Kaylie to stop running near the pool, that would be me!

Sounds like your Kaylie and my Kaylee have something in common - well at least the folks at BC get a one day reprieve between our visits : )

I read recently on this thread (I think) that someone had shipped packages home very reasonably priced from the Yacht Club convention center. Does that ring a bell to anyone else? I think they said they had like 21 pounds of stuff that they shipped for $18.00. Any thoughts about shipping would be appreciated. It's our kids first trip and I think they will be going souvenir crazy. ;)TIA

Can someone tell me if we will be charged a fee from the Beach Club if we have some groceries delivered from WeGoShop? Is it true that WDW is charging a fee at the "convention hotels"? And if so, does anyone know how much they charge?

We were just at AKL last month, and weren't charged for our order from Garden Grocer...

I read recently on this thread (I think) that someone had shipped packages home very reasonably priced from the Yacht Club convention center. Does that ring a bell to anyone else? I think they said they had like 21 pounds of stuff that they shipped for $18.00. Any thoughts about shipping would be appreciated. It's our kids first trip and I think they will be going souvenir crazy. ;)TIA

You've got it right. We have shipping at the business center over at the convention center. You can go there to get boxes too.

Also, if you do all your shopping at once at one store (The World of Disney is a good bet to get everything at one shot), then you can have them ship it right from the store. If you are out of state, they do not charge you sales tax and the shipping is usually pretty reasonable ... sometimes not paying the sales tax covers the shipping charge. I actually purchased a new suitcase at World of Disney and loads of souvenirs and Christmas presents, filled the suitcase plus a box and as long as I took it up at one time to ring out, they shipped it for a fixed price right to my home and the sales tax I saved (I figured it out afterwards) pretty much gave me the shipping free. It was a great way to shop and ship!!

that was me. I got my box four days after coming home! I organized everything in my room, anything breakable etc. and had a lot of it in those 10 dollar disney bags you can buy, and they put the bags in a box! It was easy!!

2dkaihh.jpg

3340jcz.jpg

And last but not least!! And as they say........you save the BEST for last!

2zywjnp.jpg

HELLO TEENA!!!! LOL

Didn't BCV have their own check-in area at one time last year? Did they discontinue this service?

TeenaS and AnimalKingdomLover Thank you so much for the info. The Dis boards are such a huge help. :thumbsup2

We are going to the BC 11/7-11/13. I was surorised to hear the the MVMCP was going on then. Anyone know when the resort decorations go up?
Thanks

Am I the only one?

Dh and I (no kids) have a BC standard room booked from June 25-June 30. We did not put in any room requests except that we want a room with no connecting doors (I find connecting rooms are noisy).

Any hoo, will I be disappointed in our assigned room by going with the luck of the draw?? I have no idea what to request. It would be nice not to have a view of the parking lot or roof, should I specify that? What is the best "standard view" to ask for? We're not particular about 1st floor vs upper floor, full balcony vs not full balcony. Help/opinions would be appreciated - after reading thru some of this thread, I'm getting nervous!! I don't want to miss something and wind up being disappointed.

Am I the only one?

Dh and I (no kids) have a BC standard room booked from June 25-June 30. We did not put in any room requests except that we want a room with no connecting doors (I find connecting rooms are noisy).

Any hoo, will I be disappointed in our assigned room by going with the luck of the draw?? I have no idea what to request. It would be nice not to have a view of the parking lot or roof, should I specify that? What is the best "standard view" to ask for? We're not particular about 1st floor vs upper floor, full balcony vs not full balcony. Help/opinions would be appreciated - after reading thru some of this thread, I'm getting nervous!! I don't want to miss something and wind up being disappointed.
I always book standard, and have always been surprised! this trip I just requested to be near the quit pool, it took me two seconds to get there and two seconds to marketplace and 5 seconds to get to epcot!! that is all I needed!!

Am I the only one?

Sounds to me like you should just leave your request as is if you really don't want those connecting doors. I've always read that if there is ONE thing that really, really matters to you, that should be your one and only request, giving you the greatest chance of it being honored. I think it was Teena who said that multiple requests are very difficult to accomodate, because each one narrows the choices.

By the way, I don't like those connecting doors either, the noise never bothers me, I just don't like the way they look.

We are going to the BC 11/7-11/13. I was surorised to hear the the MVMCP was going on then. Anyone know when the resort decorations go up?
Thanks

:santa: I had always heard it is the day after Thanksgiving they start going up (but I'm not 100% certain)...

Hi everyone, I just returned from another great trip to WDW 5/24-5/31, stayed as usual at the YC concierge level, lagoon view. We love the YC and wouldn't even consider staying anywhere else, but this trip was a bit rocky with checkin and some unpleasant service that surprised and disappointed us greatly.

We arrived at the resort at 6:30 AM on Sunday 5/24 to check in, and it was a good thing that we arrived so early to have plenty of time to resolve the issues that were about to present themselves. I had been in contact by phone/email with the YC concierge planners in advance of our trip and given them our request of our room location, to be near the lounge since we like to go up many times for the food/drink they put out all day long. Well when we checked in, they told us we were in a standard room on the concierge level. I told them no, we always stay in a lagoon club level room, and i presented our package voucher to prove it. At this point the CM had a supervisor come in to look into the discrepancy, and this nice person was able to see a note on our file that the room assignor had decided, without even asking us first, to assign us to a standard room in order to accomodate our request to be near the lounge. This infuriated us, since having the water view is the single most important thing to us, and more importantly, what we paid a premium for to have, so it seemed absurd that a CM would take it upon himself to change us to a regular room without asking, like we would be fine not getting what we booked and paid for! After I expressed our dismay, they said there were no rooms in the location we wanted with a lagoon view and near the lounge, the only available ones had king bed instead of 2 doubles. After an hour of going back and forth trying to find a solution, we finally were able to settle on staying on a fourth floor lagoon view room, with access to the fifth floor concierge services and lounge for the first night, then we would be moved to a fifth floor room the following day when it became available. Needless to say, the first 24 hours of our trip were quite stressful, especially since on our second day, while waiting for our new room, we were basically living out of suitcases so we wouldnt have to unpack twice, and we had dinner reservations at Victoria and Alberts that night! To make matters worse, there seemed to be NO communication between all of the CMs at the front desk and at the concierge upstairs. We had been told by the supervisor the first day that due to the inconvenience we had, we could stay in the first room past the regular 11:00 AM checkout time until our second room was ready, and move our own luggage instead of moving out at 11:00 and having our things stored in the meantime. This sounded perfect to us, except that almost every other CM thought we were moving out, we even got a voicemail that morning saying thank you for your stay, we hope you enjoyed it and have a safe trip home! Talk about unnecessary worry! I spent half of the day in Magic Kingdom worried that against what we were originally told, that we would come back to the hotel to find our luggage confiscated from the room after 11:00. Luckily while we were at the park my dad stayed behind to sort things out and finally was able to resolve everything and made sure we were in our new room, in the right location with the right view, by 3:00 PM.

In summary, everything worked out in the end, and we had a wonderful week, but it was not a very pleasant first 24 hours. It seemed every cast member except for 2 wonderful managers, dropped the ball and we had to waste precious hours of vacation time on our first 2 days to get everything resolved on our own. To make matters worse, the cutbacks, due to the economy i presume, were extremely noticeable at the resort. Maybe to a first timer it seemed fine, but we've stayed at YC for 13 years, and it was obvious...the food selection in the club level lounge was cut almost in half! No more Krispy Creme donuts in the morning or variety of bread and pastries...it was the same 4 cereals and a same bread, muffin choices each day. The worst was the once amazing 5-7 PM appetizers...they used to have PB&J uncrustables, soups, seafood dishes, cookies and kids' selections, etc...now one whole counter that used to have food on it is used entirely for silverware and napkins! None of the above food is there anymore...very limited choices. When we asked the concierge about it, especially the PB&J sandwiches, she denied that there was a cutback at all and said the PB&J was gone because so many kids are allergic to peanut butter. I said that is ridiculous, there are celery sticks with peanut butter smeared all over them in there, how is that any different?? I asked what we were paying such a premium of over $100 a night for then, with so much food cut back, and she said that we paid for the food and for having the concierge services. I said that was laughable considering how unhelpful they had been in the first 24 hours of our trip, and they also only have one concierge on duty in the busy morning hours now, meaning you actually have to WAIT to get any help! Also one day I called the concierge desk from the room, and I guess they were SO busy I actually got a voicemail! I actually had to use my cell phone to call the YC main number to speak someone which I found to be absolutely crazy. needless to say we drank our monies worth of wine, beer, and Evian bottled water all day every day to make up for the shortcomings this year.

We weren't the only ones who noticed the dramatic cutbacks either...there were lots of other return guests that we overheard commenting on the changes too, and we all agreed that while times are tough, it is really sad that the changes had to be that blatantly obvious. We'll be returning next year, but hopefully by then things will be better and more like what we've become accustomed to in the past 13 years of our wonderful memories there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter