The New 2008 Beach Club and Yacht Club FAQs thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Teena - I hope you have a fabulous vacation with your daughter :thumbsup2- thanks for all your help and support, you've been terrific!!:lovestruc

Can I also ask what room number you had, and did it have a daybed and/or full balcony??!!:thumbsup2

Our room was 3520, it did have a full balcony, but not a daybed

Our room was 3520, it did have a full balcony, but not a daybed

thanks ever so much for replying!!:thumbsup2 That's actually one of the numbers that I had requested for the view - but I guess I have ruled myself out of it now as I have also requested a daybed too!!:lmao: Oh well, if none of the numbers I have asked for have a daybed then I guess I will be losing out view wise - never mind!!:goodvibes

thanks again for the info!!:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

3 more days till we arrive at the BC! :woohoo: Has anyone here tried to do walk-up at Cape May Cafe? This was a last minute trip and all the ADR's were gone.

Also, is Beaches and Cream still crazy busy all the time? It's been a while since we've been but the last time the waits were so long for a table. Thanks! :)

We always try to go to B&C when they first open (11:00). This is our usual first day tradition -we usually get to BC around 10:30, check-in, they hit Beaches and Cream.

Are you trying for a breakfast or dinner at Cape May? I would check for an early breakfast -not sure about dinner.

HTH.

Have a wonderful vacation!

I'm glad to know they sell them at SAB now. It used to be hard to find them in the area believe it or not. Now they're everywhere but we store ours so no longer need to buy new ones every trip.

I believe it. There were only 3 there when we bought ours. It was spring break week, but still, they were not well stocked with them. Not sure if anyone could count on them having them.

Hello,

We have never stayed at BCV before, but plan on doing so next January. We have two young kids and a teenager. Does anyone have suggestions on room requests. Epcot view? Floor preference? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you

We always try to go to B&C when they first open (11:00). This is our usual first day tradition -we usually get to BC around 10:30, check-in, they hit Beaches and Cream.

Are you trying for a breakfast or dinner at Cape May? I would check for an early breakfast -not sure about dinner.

HTH.

Have a wonderful vacation!

Thanks, Robyn! I was thinking about dinner for both. For Beaches and Cream, we've tried to get dessert after dinner and it's always a madhouse in there. I guess the earlier the better! :)

3 more days till we arrive at the BC! :woohoo: Has anyone here tried to do walk-up at Cape May Cafe? This was a last minute trip and all the ADR's were gone.

Also, is Beaches and Cream still crazy busy all the time? It's been a while since we've been but the last time the waits were so long for a table. Thanks! :)

I would try an off time like before 12 or between 2-4. We came here one Wednesday at 2:00PM and we were in the restaurant with two other families. I wouldn't try 9-10PM because of Illuminations and Epcot closing. People file back here from Epcot.

So now I changed my room to Water View Club Level. Does anyone have a recommendation for a really nice view in this category?

Any help would be appreciated!:)

Can someone please tell me how late the Beach Club Marketplace stays open (for things like sandwiches)? We may be arriving after 9pm and will need to have a bite to eat...

TIA!:)

The Market Place is open to at least 10:00 PM may be 11:00 PM. Last year we were also looking for a late night dinner, we ended up walking over to the Boardwalk as Marketplace just had closed, but I do believe this was 11:00 PM, but may have been 10:00 PM. Good help I am!! But you would definitely be good around 9:30 :)

The Market Place is open to at least 10:00 PM may be 11:00 PM. Last year we were also looking for a late night dinner, we ended up walking over to the Boardwalk as Marketplace just had closed, but I do believe this was 11:00 PM, but may have been 10:00 PM. Good help I am!! But you would definitely be good around 9:30 :)

:rotfl:That happens to me, too. But thanks for the quick response! As long as it's open until 9:30 I think we'll be fine!:)

I would like to thank all of the posters, especially TeenaS for all of their invaluable knowledge so lovingly shared with all who visit this thread.:goodvibes I've been frequenting this thread recently since my family and I will be making our first trip to BC this July. As I have been reading through this thread I've been reading about requesting rooms with queen beds and daybeds since not all rooms at this resort have them. Since DS and DD are older now (and DD is a bed hog):headache: I told my husband he should call and request Queen beds and a Daybed. He finally called today and was told all rooms have daybeds and queen beds. I told him not according to posters on the Dis Boards!!! Thanks to you-all I know this is not true!! He put in the request anyway, but is going to call back in a week or so to make sure the request was put in. I guess the person he spoke to was new or something.

Again much thanks to everyone here!:) I couldn't plan a Disney Vacation without you!!

Oh, does anyone know if they sell fresh brewed Iced Tea at the Marketplace? I am thinking about buying one of the new mugs, but since I don't drink coffee or soda, If they dont have the tea, I will probably not bother.

Thanks!!

Does anyone know what the movies are for May at the Beach Club?
We're leaving in 8 days and my daughter is excited for the movies.
Thanks

Would any BC diehard like to convince me to change our Aug. split stay reservation from the Poly (4NTS) to the BC (we're also doing 7/NTS CR)?

Background:

We've never stayed at BC/YC. We love the idea of walking to Epcot/DS, however, reviews I've read regarding room cleanliness have not been so good. In fact, the 3 most recent AllEars reviews of the BC housekeeping are pretty awful:scared::

http://land.allears.net/reviewpost/showproduct.php?product=8&cat=3

We'd like to try a new resort, especially since BC has been recently renovated, but we are really concerned about housekeeping at the BC and we keep getting cold feet. We'd also like to try YC, but they are due for a rehab. which may or may not start in June:confused3.

Convince me - allay my fears!

:thanks:

Would any BC diehard like to convince me to change our Aug. split stay reservation from the Poly (4NTS) to the BC (we're also doing 7/NTS CR)?

Background:

We've never stayed at BC/YC. We love the idea of walking to Epcot/DS, however, reviews I've read regarding room cleanliness have not been so good. In fact, the 3 most recent AllEars reviews of the BC housekeeping are pretty awful:scared::

http://land.allears.net/reviewpost/showproduct.php?product=8&cat=3

We'd like to try a new resort, especially since BC has been recently renovated, but we are really concerned about housekeeping at the BC and we keep getting cold feet. We'd also like to try YC, but they are due for a rehab. which may or may not start in June:confused3.

Convince me - allay my fears!

:thanks:

I'm not a BC or YC die hard, actually we are trying the YC for the first time this upcoming December. I had some of the same concerns as you. I have read far more positive reviews than negative lately. I know they also get a lot of repeat business. As far as housekeeping, it is really pretty relative in the fact each person has their own individual experience at Disney. What one person may think is absolutely fabulous another may think as merely mediocre. The one thing I do know for certain is I have yet to experience bad service by Disney. I have had problems but they (CM's) have consistently gone out of their way to make it right and always with a smile. I love Disney for that and that is what keeps me coming back.

I say go for it otherwise you will always wonder if you would enjoy that resort. Not to mention, you can't beat SAB (Storm Along Bay) or the location to EPCOT. If I read correctly you are looking at doing a split stay which might be a wise way to try it out. That way you get your MK resort fix along with trying out an EPCOT resort. That is what we are doing in December. Whatever you decide have a wonderful trip!
:goodvibes

We just got back from the best trip to the BC. We were very pleased with how clean our room was on check in and during our stay. When we first arrived i checked out our room, bathroom and beds. It was immaculate. Everyday we would come back to our room to new towels, shampoo and soap. We had a huge supply at the end of our stay. Our boys also looked forward to see what the mousekeeper did to our room. We had towel animals and towel decorations. They also took their stuffed animals and did funny things with them. We did leave a tip everyday but it was worth every penny. We also were pleasantly surprised by the salads and sandwiches at the marketplace. We met Teena and Art what wonderful people. I almost cried leaving the BC to drive 1400 miles home. My boys thanked my husband and I for the best trip they have ever had. We decided then that we would make the the drive again (hopefully soon) to the BC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter