The New 2008 Beach Club and Yacht Club FAQs thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to allears, the only rooms that sleep 5 at the BC and YC club level are the garden views. Is this accurate information?

I love the look of the deluxe room at the BC. Does it really only sleep four?

Can I be nosey DisneyMomx7 ~ :flower3: Your signature looks like a party of five. Is one of your kids under 3?

Thanks in advance!

We were in room #3691 last August. Here are some interior pictures (pardon the mess, it was check out day):

80072AUGUST_BEACH_CLUB_DELUXE_ROOM_01.JPG

80072AUGUST_BEACH_CLUB_DELUXE_ROOM_05.JPG

The room had both a double length balcony which overlooked the rear entrance to the Beach Club and a standing room only balcony that looked doen on Storm Along Bay right where the pirate slide enters the pool. In the first picture, the double length balcony is to the left while the standing room baclony is at the end by the chair. This is a view from the full balcony (it was a rainy day):

80072AUGUST_BEACH_CLUB_Deluxe_Room_Balcony_2.jpg

Hope this is helpful!

According to allears, the only rooms that sleep 5 at the BC and YC club level are the garden views. Is this accurate information?

I love the look of the deluxe room at the BC. Does it really only sleep four?

Can I be nosey DisneyMomx7 ~ :flower3: Your signature looks like a party of five. Is one of your kids under 3?

Thanks in advance!

The deluxe rooms 1557, 2557, 3557 & 4557 sleep 5 (2 queen beds and a daybed). The lagoon view CL rooms at BC do only sleep 4 - no daybed due to the slope in the roof. This was our reason for staying in a deluxe room several years ago, we are a family of 4, but DSs really like to have their own bed.

Not sure about the other misc. Deluxe rooms such as posted by cpbjgc

TeenaS, I've never seen that alligator. We stay 3-4 times/year at BCV and I haven't seen him even once!:sad1: Where on land did that woman see him? I always look in the canal as we cross from the parking lot to the villas. There are usually lots of turtles there but never the alligator.

BTW, I will certainly not feed him if I'm ever lucky enough to see him.:sad2:

He was always in the water (Canal to be exact, he's harmless) when we were there, can't believe he's still there after all these years.

RayJay

He was always in the water (Canal to be exact, he's harmless) when we were there, can't believe he's still there after all these years.

RayJay

Actually on cool days he'll come out and sun himself ... various locations.

Not nosy at all - our youngest is 8. The deluxe CL do indeed sleep 5. I never knew until just now that the lagoon view CL rooms only sleep 4. No wonder it didn't come up when I was trying to book our room. That was my first choice and I just thought they were all booked up!

RayJay

He must think I'm part of WDW animal control because I've never, ever seen him! :rotfl: :rotfl:

Do you see him by the BCV part of the canal or over closer to the BC drive?

He must think I'm part of WDW animal control because I've never, ever seen him! :rotfl: :rotfl:

Do you see him by the BCV part of the canal or over closer to the BC drive?

We've always seen him in the BCV part of the canal. When you walk from the parking lot and go across the bridge look to your right. That is where we always see him.

Hi everybody! I'm new around here. It took me like 3 days straight to read this whole thread :) dh thinks i have some type of addiction!

We are booked for 11/30-12/6 for standard view room at BC...can't wait...Christmas decorations at Disney! And I'm laughing out loud at the past few posts, as I originally booked for WL and then switched to BC.

Thanks for all the great info that you guys are sharing....I think I know what I'm doing now!

Hi everybody! I'm new around here. It took me like 3 days straight to read this whole thread :) dh thinks i have some type of addiction!

We are booked for 11/30-12/6 for standard view room at BC...can't wait...Christmas decorations at Disney! And I'm laughing out loud at the past few posts, as I originally booked for WL and then switched to BC.

Thanks for all the great info that you guys are sharing....I think I know what I'm doing now!

Gardengirl, believe me this addiction will only get worse.....:rotfl2:

Gardengirl - :welcome: How nice you will be seeing the Christmas decor. Congrats on reading the whole thread, tell your DH we totally understand, it is not an addiction, just a mild distraction.

Reservation changing is so tempting, stick with BC, you will not be disappointed!!!

DisneyMomx7 has me thinking about Deluxe (larger) rooms. I have made note of the room number of the Deluxe rooms at the BC. How nice for a family of 5!

Are there any Deluxe rooms at the YC that sleep 5 and offer that small bit of extra space?

Thanks!

I think the BC was refurbished last summer?

Is there anyone on this thread that followed the renovations last year? If so, what was the pattern of the refurb? Where did they start the work? Were entire floors done at once? Were guests kept in areas under refurb or were entire areas/hallways left vacant?

If anyone stayed at the BC during this time, how disruptive was the work?
Did it effect the public areas of the resort?

Thanks for answering all my questions!

RayJay

Thanks. I'll keep looking. I can't believe I've never seen him in all these years!

We've always seen him in the BCV part of the canal. When you walk from the parking lot and go across the bridge look to your right. That is where we always see him.

That is exactly where I look for him! Maybe one of these trips.... Thanks for the replies.

Oh, you will love the BC at Christmas....so lovely!

DisneyMomx7 has me thinking about Deluxe (larger) rooms. I have made note of the room number of the Deluxe rooms at the BC. How nice for a family of 5!

Are there any Deluxe rooms at the YC that sleep 5 and offer that small bit of extra space?

Thanks!

No - only the regular rooms or suites (big difference in price!).

I am so glad to have found this thread. I have read quite a bit of it as it has more information than I can find anywhere else!:thumbsup2

Still, some posts were long ago while others are recent. (Glad to see the refurb. room pics! The WDW site even still has older pictures)
If someone has a few minutes can you clarify some of these questions? (My first time in an Epcot resort). I have a lot of questions, so if you can answer even just one, it is appreciated greatly.

I booked Lagoon Club; request lake view. I read on one site you can see the top of Illuminations from certain rooms. The CM told me this is absolutely not true. Who is right? This CM also said Lagoon View Club has 2 Q's and a daybed. I'm reading here (I trust you more) there is not a daybed. Only three of us, so not the end of the world (my DS's aren't fond of sharing a bed, but they'll live :rotfl: ). These rooms are on the same level as the lounge?

I read the lounge is only open during specific times. The club level thread is so long...does anyone just know or can post a link? Is the lounge seatng really THAT limited? The BC lounge gets some harsh reviews. I know they all do, but theirs seem to be a lot. Good experiences?

It looks like a really fun resort. I didn't know about the beach movies, how great is that?

I'm a little nervous. We will have been at Disney for 10 nights at the Poly before switching to BC. At that time DH has to go home (actually, military calls him back), so it is just me and my boys aged 14 and 11 (he has classic moderate autism so is a bit harder to watch). I haven't been on trip with them "alone" before. I admire single mom's who do this all the time. Being anxious about being alone on vacation for 4 nights with your children probably seems silly to most. But, it seems this is a resort that I can handle OK and they will enjoy...someone please just tell me I am right. ;)

Does not seem silly at all:)

You will have a wonderful time! I have only stayed YC CL, but we always visit YC/BC....:) With the beach, and SAB...(which you may want to stay in one area at a time..its big!)..the ability to walk around and visit BW...and of course the close proximity to 2 parks!!

I took DD2 last Aug by myself....if my mom asked me one more time...Are you going to be ok by yourself?! lol You are right!!! THis is a great, fun family resort!
My girls and I will be here in May at BCV...
There are lots of BC experts here and I am sure someone can help with your other questions! :)
I just wanted to chime in about having a great time with your kids! DH doesnt like to go as much as I do, so going with the kids by myself works!

I booked Lagoon Club; request lake view. I read on one site you can see the top of Illuminations from certain rooms. The CM told me this is absolutely not true. Who is right? This CM also said Lagoon View Club has 2 Q's and a daybed. I'm reading here (I trust you more) there is not a daybed. Only three of us, so not the end of the world (my DS's aren't fond of sharing a bed, but they'll live :rotfl: ). These rooms are on the same level as the lounge?
QUOTE]

There are maybe like four rooms that if you twist your neck around and look towards Epcot you may see some of Illuminations over the trees.
There are a very few Water View Club Level rooms that have a daybed. Most do not. You cannot book a 5 sleeper for Club Level Water View ... it's not a room category since there are so few of them. The few Water View Club Level rooms that do have the daybeds ... it's entirely luck of the draw if you were to get one. If it is very important for you, make that your one and only request and you might luck out and get one.

quick question...does a standard room at BC have a fridge and microwave? We will be there with our 18 month old and I wanted to store some milk in the fridge and microwave for breakfasts.

QUOTE]

There are maybe like four rooms that if you twist your neck around and look towards Epcot you may see some of Illuminations over the trees.
There are a very few Water View Club Level rooms that have a daybed. Most do not. You cannot book a 5 sleeper for Club Level Water View ... it's not a room category since there are so few of them. The few Water View Club Level rooms that do have the daybeds ... it's entirely luck of the draw if you were to get one. If it is very important for you, make that your one and only request and you might luck out and get one.

Thanks. That is funny about barely seeing fireworks at the right pose.
I didn't request daybed. Not really important with three of us. I'd rather a group that needs it have the chance. I only requested a view of Lake View N/G. Actually, I was just talking to the CM who had stayed recently and she put it on there. I don't even know what N/G means? Is this a good request?

Thank you DisneyBride for the advice and encouragment. I haven't even told my mom yet. :scared1: DH has been deployed (stateside, so we are lucky) and we have all survived somehow, but we have been in familiar territory.
I have a greater appreciation for single moms, for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter