• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The New 2008 Beach Club and Yacht Club FAQs thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
About half the rooms are standard and the other half are water view. The standard views can be a courtyard, parking lot, roof, etc.

There is no real food court. There are various places you can refill your mugs. As far as counter service or quick service, at the Beach Club there is the Marketplace and Hurricane Hannah's is by the pool.

As far as the YC versus the BC, I prefer the atmosphere at the BC more ... more lively and light. The YC is more businessman type, darker woods, doesn't feel as homey to me but this is just my opinion. If you don't want any renovation noise, then go with the BC this summer.

The villas are nice. But personally I'd prefer a room at the BC or YC as opposed to a studio at the BCV. However, if I had a choice of a one bedroom suite at the BCV versus a regular room at the YC or BC, I'd probably go with the one bedroom suite at the Villas --- loads more room!!!

From the BC lobby to the international gateway entrance of Epcot takes me four minutes to walk. That entrance opens the same time as the front entrance of Epcot. In the morning, you walk past England and Canada and make a left at the rose garden to get to future world.

Thanks for all of your answers! As for the food court, it's just a small grab and go with not alot of choices? Where is it's location? If I stay at the Yacht Club, will we have to walk to the Beach Club or the pool for soda or is there somewhere quick service at the Yacht Club? We are alway able to just run down to the Mara at AKL, so I was wondering if it's like that.

That's strange. A deluxe room is a much larger room that also gives you club level/concierge access. Are you sure you just booked a plain water view? Upgrades happen of course but not this far out.

So is it possible that I got an upgrade before even getting there...this far out??? I did mention that we're celebrating our 9 year wedding anniversary, but I never, ever expect upgrades. Ever. In fact, even if you all think that I've been given one, I won't believe it until I check in, get my room # and open the door myself.

Thanks.

So is it possible that I got an upgrade before even getting there...this far out??? I did mention that we're celebrating our 9 year wedding anniversary, but I never, ever expect upgrades. Ever. In fact, even if you all think that I've been given one, I won't believe it until I check in, get my room # and open the door myself.

Thanks.

Doubtful. The upgrades are normally done at the resort and the reservation isn't at the resort yet. It downloads about 10 days before you get there.

Any day at the BC is a good day with or without an upgrade!!!

Can someone help?

I am booked at the BC for June 2009.

I was just checking my ressie on line and the room descriptions says "deluxe water/pool view." I know I booked a water view, but what does the word 'deluxe' imply? Are there larger, deluxe rooms at BC?

Our reservation said the same thing. We had just requested a water/pool view. I called and they said it was just a water/pool view. The Deluxe part didn't mean anything. Good question on to why they put it on the ressie!

I agree :thumbsup2
Would love to be there right now, esp. hearing that the temperature has warmed up :)

Agree with the above! One of my friends drove out to Ormond Beach on Thursday and he said there were icicles on fountains out there :sad2:

It is supposed to be around 75 degrees today at Disney :)

Only 125 more days until the girls mystery vacation at the Beach Club! I was happy yesterday as my DVC waitlist came through for BCV for the last four days of our trip...now it's 11 days at the Beach Club in June!!!!!!
My daughter and mother are going to be floored...they think that we are going to the beach in Delaware for that trip ;)
We will just be stopping at the airport on the way to Delaware and getting on a plane instead :)
Now if a passholder discount would come through for those last 4 days...I would just stay over on the hotel side instead of a studio over at BCV, but even if not, I am one extremely happy girl right now :yay:

Agree with the above! One of my friends drove out to Ormond Beach on Thursday and he said there were icicles on fountains out there :sad2:

Only 125 more days until the girls mystery vacation at the Beach Club! I was happy yesterday as my DVC waitlist came through for BCV for the last four days of our trip...now it's 11 days at the Beach Club in June!!!!!!
My daughter and mother are going to be floored...they think that we are going to the beach in Delaware for that trip ;)
We will just be stopping at the airport on the way to Delaware and getting on a plane instead :)
Now if a passholder discount would come through for those last 4 days...I would just stay over on the hotel side instead of a studio over at BCV, but even if not, I am one extremely happy girl right now :yay:

:cool1: Sounds like fun! Congratulations on your booking BCV and good luck with the surprise!

Thanks!!

I won't have any trouble pulling this over on my DD9...I am just going to put her sand toys and boogie board in the car, along with a basket of linens to make it look good. I'll repack her suitcase quickly after she goes to bed and put it out in the car, ready to go.
The one I may have trouble with is my DM. My dad knows what I am doing...so he is going to help me on that end and exchange her large toiletries for her 3-1-1 bag (thankfully, this woman keeps separate toiletry bags packed in the linen closet for different types of trips). I even had my friend at the real estate agency at the beach send me a rather official looking confirmation of our rental.

Hey...I said we were going to the "Beach" so technically I didn't lie about it ;)

Looks like I will be celebrating my 50th bday at BC this summer ( a little belated) I had a couple questions that I couldn't find the answers to.

Does anyone know if it is difficult to get rooms with a daybed? I have 5 kids and they won't sleep together,

Also, are there lifeguards all around SAB, even at the lazy river? I'm still a little worried about the kids at the pool.

Looks like I will be celebrating my 50th bday at BC this summer ( a little belated) I had a couple questions that I couldn't find the answers to.

Does anyone know if it is difficult to get rooms with a daybed? I have 5 kids and they won't sleep together,

Also, are there lifeguards all around SAB, even at the lazy river? I'm still a little worried about the kids at the pool.

A very large number of the BC rooms have a daybed, put it in as your first request, esp. with a family of 5 you have a really great chance of getting a daybed.

Yes, there are even lifeguards around the lazy river. I think SAB is staffed very well with lifeguards. No worries.

Have a great trip, Happy 5-0!!

The rooms only allow (fire code) five people over the age of 3 in the room. If you have 5 children and two adults, unless two of the children are under age 3, you need either a suite or two rooms.

You will definitely get a room with a daybed if you have five people on your reservation. You do not have to request it.

Yes, there are lifeguards all over SAB!

The rooms only allow (fire code) five people over the age of 3 in the room. If you have 5 children and two adults, unless two of the children are under age 3, you need either a suite or two rooms.

You will definitely get a room with a daybed if you have five people on your reservation. You do not have to request it.

Yes, there are lifeguards all over SAB!

I did not see the 5 kids.....some how I read the post as a family of 5. Hope OP has booked 2 rooms :)

Hi ~ new to the Yacht and Beach Club area of WDW. :flower3: We have never stayed at an Epcot area resort before and I need to learn so much!

A few quick questions if you experts don't mind :upsidedow

We have chosen to stay in the Regatta Club. Because we are a family of 5, we only had a choice of garden view. Can someone show me or point me in the direction of photos of views from Regatta Club garden view rooms? Are these types of rooms all on the 5th floor? Is there a particular request we should make with this type of booking?

Please tell me about the planned room renovations. What exactly is being renovated? When are the renovations starting? Anybody know the plan for renovation, such as which floor when? Are public areas being renovated too?

Thanks for all your help! I do plan on reading this entire thread so my apologies if these questions have all been asked before ~ I am just so excited!

garada3 - I assume since you mentioned Regatta Club you booked a club level room at the YC. Congratulations! You will love it, yes, all of the club level rooms are on the 5th floor (some of the suites are are other floors). We stayed in a standard view club level room last August. My advice would be to request a room close to the lounge.

As far as the renovations, rumor has it they are to start in early June - maybe someone has a more exact date ;) . The rehab is what is called a soft rehab - new bedspreads, curtains, new carpeting in the rooms and the hallways, installing flat panel TVs, bathrooms to get the curved shower curtain rod (makes a big difference - we really noticed this at our stays at Poly and GF). The renovations at BC lasted several months, so, I would presume the YC would be about the same.

Hope that helps!

We will be at BCV June 1 through 11th! What are your dates?

Hi ~ new to the Yacht and Beach Club area of WDW. :flower3: We have never stayed at an Epcot area resort before and I need to learn so much!

A few quick questions if you experts don't mind :upsidedow

We have chosen to stay in the Regatta Club. Because we are a family of 5, we only had a choice of garden view. Can someone show me or point me in the direction of photos of views from Regatta Club garden view rooms? Are these types of rooms all on the 5th floor? Is there a particular request we should make with this type of booking?

Please tell me about the planned room renovations. What exactly is being renovated? When are the renovations starting? Anybody know the plan for renovation, such as which floor when? Are public areas being renovated too?

Thanks for all your help! I do plan on reading this entire thread so my apologies if these questions have all been asked before ~ I am just so excited!

We stayed at the Regatta Club last August.... the rooms had just been renovated. I believe the Beach Club is done now and they're starting on the Villas/Yacht Club????

Parts of Stormalong Bay are being refurbished right now. I'm not sure where they are in the process.

We had a 5th floor room overlooking the parking lot/main entrance. I think it was just standard view. It didn't bother us at all seeing as how we could view Wishes from a distance from our room :) I'm not sure which rooms would be considered garden view specifically.... probably anything not facing a parking lot or the water most likely. :)

Enjoy your stay!!! The YC and BC are the only 2 resorts we ever stay at! Got hooked on 'em on our honeymoon in 1994... :) :) :)

We stayed at the Regatta Club last August.... the rooms had just been renovated. I believe the Beach Club is done now and they're starting on the Villas/Yacht Club????

Parts of Stormalong Bay are being refurbished right now. I'm not sure where they are in the process.

We had a 5th floor room overlooking the parking lot/main entrance. I think it was just standard view. It didn't bother us at all seeing as how we could view Wishes from a distance from our room :) I'm not sure which rooms would be considered garden view specifically.... probably anything not facing a parking lot or the water most likely. :)

Enjoy your stay!!! The YC and BC are the only 2 resorts we ever stay at! Got hooked on 'em on our honeymoon in 1994... :) :) :)

Oops.... brain fart! LOL! We stayed @ the BC this past August in Concierge and the Regatta Club the August prior.....

BC reno's are done... not sure when the YC side is beginning....

Anyway, we also had the same view from the YC... overlooking the main entrance/parking lot. Our balcony was MASSIVE.... it was shared among 3 rooms but the guests in the other rooms never came out.... we could view Wishes from there as well and it was wonderful :) :)

Enjoy your stay at one of our 2 favorite hotels! :) :)

OK, so I was able to book my 2 rooms today, BUT couldn't get the BC standard view so I ended up booking the Yacht Club. The CM I spoke with said that he had stayed at the YC about 3 months ago and the room was recently remodeled:confused:

Could this be true??? I'm not sure what I want to do now. The pictures of the Yacht Club rooms look nice, but if I'm going to splurge I don't want to end up in an old worn out room.

Anyone stay at Yacht Club recently???

OK, so I was able to book my 2 rooms today, BUT couldn't get the BC standard view so I ended up booking the Yacht Club. The CM I spoke with said that he had stayed at the YC about 3 months ago and the room was recently remodeled:confused:

Could this be true??? I'm not sure what I want to do now. The pictures of the Yacht Club rooms look nice, but if I'm going to splurge I don't want to end up in an old worn out room.

Anyone stay at Yacht Club recently???

I'm pretty sure renovations haven't been done at YC for awhile. Hockeymom will know better but I'm sure the rooms will still look good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter