The New 2008 Beach Club and Yacht Club FAQs thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

You've been around these boards HOW long? :)

Disney's Hollywood Studios, formerly Disney-MGM Studios (MGM)

Evidently not long enough!!!

Hey, I have an excuse, I'm so use to MGM, they changed the name on me, so I get a pass on this one, and please don't tell my wife. I'm always asking what this and that means.

Thanks
RayJay

Pins009.jpg

Pins011.jpg

Pins012.jpg

Pins013.jpg

Pins014.jpg

Pins016.jpg

Pins017.jpg

Shower curtain

Pins020.jpg

Thanks for the updated pics!!! Looks like new comforter and shower curtain and ? new carpet.

Hey, I have an excuse, I'm so use to MGM, they changed the name on me, so I get a pass on this one, and please don't tell my wife. I'm always asking what this and that means.

Thanks
RayJay

Don't worry about it. I remember when it was okay to call it MGM; then they wanted us to call it Disney "Studios"; now we need to get used to DHS! It's all still the same place and you can boat or walk to get get there from BC no matter what they call it!

They changed the name of the studios to Disney Hollywood Studios ( was it MGM before?)

Yes, it was MGM studios, then Disney studios (I think about 2 years ago) and as of last year at some point is now called Disney Hollywood Studios.

We still did call it MGM last summer, I am going w/ a friend in April that has not been to Disney in a couple of years and she is still calling it MGM. It is hard getting used to calling it Hollywood Studios or DHS.....

Yes, it was MGM studios, then Disney studios (I think about 2 years ago) and as of last year at some point is now called Disney Hollywood Studios.

We still did call it MGM last summer, I am going w/ a friend in April that has not been to Disney in a couple of years and she is still calling it MGM. It is hard getting used to calling it Hollywood Studios or DHS.....

I don't think they ever officially started calling it "Disney Studios", but towards the end of 2007 I believe, before the official change to DHS, they seemed to stop mentioning "MGM" in the name in promotional material - I remember a Sam Brown special where she said "Disney Studios", which fueled speculation that that was going to be the official name.

I just call it "Studios" nowadays when speaking.

Thanks
RayJay

BUSTED!:wave2:

Thank you so much HockeyMomR for answering my question about the boats, it is nice to see the map! :goodvibes

I'm a little sad because my mom and stepmom told us yesterday that they won't come with us in may...the kids are disappointed:guilty:

Well to bad for them, we will enjoy our week at the BC by ourselves and I plan to rent a boat while I get the kids (5 and 7) with the pirate cruise. I hope they will like that. Anybody who have tried it?pirate:

We are staying at BC in May and have booked a standard room, requesting a view of something other than the parking lot. :) For those of you who have stayed in a standard room, is there a specific floor, room or section I should request? I know there are no guarantees but I thought I'd make an attempt anyway. Thanks!

Thank you so much HockeyMomR for answering my question about the boats, it is nice to see the map! :goodvibes

I'm a little sad because my mom and stepmom told us yesterday that they won't come with us in may...the kids are disappointed:guilty:

Well to bad for them, we will enjoy our week at the BC by ourselves and I plan to rent a boat while I get the kids (5 and 7) with the pirate cruise. I hope they will like that. Anybody who have tried it?pirate:

You are welcome, glad it was helpful. Renting a boat would be fun, we have done this this at GF as the age limit is different there and the boys needed an adult with them. I think the boats are fun.

Can anyone tell me if all the concierge rooms have full balconies at BC? or is just luck with those rooms, too?

Can anyone tell me if all the concierge rooms have full balconies at BC? or is just luck with those rooms, too?

Not all of them have full balconies.... we had a concierge room overlooking the parking lot/entrance of the BC and it was the standing room only platform. :)

We are staying at the BC at the end of June. There are four of us - DH, me, and our two 6 year old twins.

I've heard a lot about room requests and am wondering what type of request I should put in. I understand they are not guaranteed. We currently have a standard room reservation.

I guess if I had my say I would like to over look some landscaping and would prefer to not look at the parking lot and probably would prefer a full balcony. We would like a quiet room removed from any area that may be noisy in the afternoon (nap time) and early evenings (6 year olds go to be early). Is this too many requests? Any suggestions regarding a specific type of room?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter