• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The New 2008 Beach Club and Yacht Club FAQs thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
may I ask what you are paying per nite staying here?

No not at all. We booked with the new promo b4g7 but we are staying 8 nights. It comes to $315 a night, which is incredible since we didn't think a June discount was even possible!
Elizabeth

We were at the YC from 10/30-11/3. I booked a standard room, but requested a view of the wedding gazebo, as suggested by many here. They gave me this:

img2075oy6.jpg

Don't know if it was a mistake or an upgrade but I wasn't about to complain. It was room 4131 if you're looking for it. Great room! And it does view the gazebo. The rest of the YC was fabulous, we loved it there.

I booked the BC for the first time with the buy 4 get 3 free promo.
DH always wanted to stay at this resort. Since we arrive on our anniversary, Does anyone know where I can call and order a cake?
I want to surprise him with that.
Love this thread since I don't know much about BC. Very excited to be that close to Epcot during the International Flower and Garden Festival!

I booked the BC for the first time with the buy 4 get 3 free promo.
DH always wanted to stay at this resort. Since we arrive on our anniversary, Does anyone know where I can call and order a cake?
I want to surprise him with that.
Love this thread since I don't know much about BC. Very excited to be that close to Epcot during the International Flower and Garden Festival!

We are also booked at the same time - stangely enough our wedding anniversary is also our first full day in Disney - what date do you check into the BC? We check in on 24th May.

We are also booked at the same time - stangely enough our wedding anniversary is also our first full day in Disney - what date do you check into the BC? We check in on 24th May.

We are checking in May 22, which is our anniversary.

--
this was copied from my post on another thread. We switched from BC to Poly to avoid the latewinter/early spring refurb at StormalongBay...

I just got in the mail a form letter from "the cast of Disney's Yacht & Beach Club Resort" basically confirming what DVC members were being told earlier and buzz was on the BC/YC official thread.

Here's the main part of the "For your Future Enjoyment "letter:

"If you have stayed with us before, you are most likely familiar with our Stormalong Bay pool complex. Beginning January 5, 2009 sections of the pool area will be refurbished. Since the work will be conducted in phases, unaffected sections of the main pool will remain open for your enjoyment. We expect all work to be completed by late March 2009. The first section, including the Flying Jib slide and pool area, is scheduled to be completed by mid-February. The Flying Jib slide will be unavailable durin this section only. The second section, including the lazy river area is scheduled to be completed by early March. The final section, including the Quiet Lagoon and Stormalong Bay kiddie pool, is scheduled to be refurbished by late March. As the work takes place during daytime hours, you will likely hear and see maintenance staff and equipment.

During the refurb. period, Dunes Cove pool at Disney's Beach Club Villas, Tidal pool at Disney's Beach Club Resort, and Admiral pool at Disney's Yacht Club Resort will be available and open for your full enjoyment. In addtion, should you wish to have a slide as part of your pool experience, we are making the Luna Park Pool located at Disney's Boardwalk Resort available for your enjoyment. "

Thanks for this information! :goodvibes
We asked management while we were there & couldn't get any details!! I wonder who this letter was sent to?

Thanks for this information! :goodvibes
We asked management while we were there & couldn't get any details!! I wonder who this letter was sent to?

We have two BCV stays scheduled during the refurbishment and received two letters from Member Services with the above info.

Hi HockeyMomR!:wave2:

Blessed, we all hope you have a great stay. Be sure to let us all know how it went. I'll be going down to YC in December (first time at that resport). I'll be really interested in hearing what you have to say about your trip.

::yes::

I hope both of your families have wonderful trips!:goodvibes

We are planning our first trip home to BCV at the end of May. Haven't made a room request at this point. Can someone give me some advice? :tinker:

We were at the YC from 10/30-11/3. I booked a standard room, but requested a view of the wedding gazebo, as suggested by many here. They gave me this:

img2075oy6.jpg

Don't know if it was a mistake or an upgrade but I wasn't about to complain. It was room 4131 if you're looking for it. Great room! And it does view the gazebo. The rest of the YC was fabulous, we loved it there.

....wow, what a wonderful view!

What are the best "Standard" rooms at the YC?

The suggestion I've seen most is to request a room with a view of the wedding gazebo. If you get one, you're at least guaranteed not to have a view of a parking lot. Also, some of the standard rooms viewing the gazebo may actually have slight water views since they're on that side of the hotel but don't directly face the water. And, as I mentioned above, you might also get lucky due to an upgrade/mistake and get a water view anyway, although you don't want to count on that!!

Thanks everyone for the tips and answers to my post. We are here now, in a regular refurbished room with a full balcony and of course it is wonderful. No upgrades, and very little attention paid to my daughter for her birthday. I requested a balloon and card when we arrived, and had to call when the end of the night came and no card from snow white that I had requested last week.
With every LITTLE thing that could happen not according to plan or hopes, there are very BIG things that are making our stay just glorious so far. We love the Beach Club now. Just the amenities, the decor, the views(we can see the lake and beach and part of the Boardwalk), the comfortable beds, flat screen tv, I could go on and on. The weather indeed is on the cool side, but the pool is heated and although we haven't been in at night due to the weather, we have been in during the day every day.
We are truly spoiled here now. Can't see staying anywhere else onsite.Next step-DVC I guess-so we can get all the amenities here, but a kitchen and more room to spread out!
Thanks again!:cheer2:

Thanks everyone for the tips and answers to my post. We are here now, in a regular refurbished room with a full balcony and of course it is wonderful. No upgrades, and very little attention paid to my daughter for her birthday. I requested a balloon and card when we arrived, and had to call when the end of the night came and no card from snow white that I had requested last week.
With every LITTLE thing that could happen not according to plan or hopes, there are very BIG things that are making our stay just glorious so far. We love the Beach Club now. Just the amenities, the decor, the views(we can see the lake and beach and part of the Boardwalk), the comfortable beds, flat screen tv, I could go on and on. The weather indeed is on the cool side, but the pool is heated and although we haven't been in at night due to the weather, we have been in during the day every day.
We are truly spoiled here now. Can't see staying anywhere else onsite.Next step-DVC I guess-so we can get all the amenities here, but a kitchen and more room to spread out!
Thanks again!:cheer2:

I'm glad you're having such a great time!!! :goodvibes And happy belated birthday to your DD.:bday:

The suggestion I've seen most is to request a room with a view of the wedding gazebo. If you get one, you're at least guaranteed not to have a view of a parking lot. Also, some of the standard rooms viewing the gazebo may actually have slight water views since they're on that side of the hotel but don't directly face the water. And, as I mentioned above, you might also get lucky due to an upgrade/mistake and get a water view anyway, although you don't want to count on that!!

Shouls I call and add this request to my reservation OR just ask at check in?

--
this was copied from my post on another thread. We switched from BC to Poly to avoid the latewinter/early spring refurb at StormalongBay...

I just got in the mail a form letter from "the cast of Disney's Yacht & Beach Club Resort" basically confirming what DVC members were being told earlier and buzz was on the BC/YC official thread.

Here's the main part of the "For your Future Enjoyment "letter:

"If you have stayed with us before, you are most likely familiar with our Stormalong Bay pool complex. Beginning January 5, 2009 sections of the pool area will be refurbished. Since the work will be conducted in phases, unaffected sections of the main pool will remain open for your enjoyment. We expect all work to be completed by late March 2009. The first section, including the Flying Jib slide and pool area, is scheduled to be completed by mid-February. The Flying Jib slide will be unavailable durin this section only. The second section, including the lazy river area is scheduled to be completed by early March. The final section, including the Quiet Lagoon and Stormalong Bay kiddie pool, is scheduled to be refurbished by late March. As the work takes place during daytime hours, you will likely hear and see maintenance staff and equipment.

During the refurb. period, Dunes Cove pool at Disney's Beach Club Villas, Tidal pool at Disney's Beach Club Resort, and Admiral pool at Disney's Yacht Club Resort will be available and open for your full enjoyment. In addtion, should you wish to have a slide as part of your pool experience, we are making the Luna Park Pool located at Disney's Boardwalk Resort available for your enjoyment. "

Can someone tell me/show me what the Quiet Lagoon and the kiddie pool look like? I'm trying to figure out if those closures would actually really matter to me. I'd appreciate any pics and explainations of what those areas look like!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter