• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The New 2008 Beach Club and Yacht Club FAQs thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
YC room refurbs have not started yet.......personally, I would love to hear that they will be started soon, rumor is early 2009.

I am coming to WDW on 21st September. I wanted the Yacht Club originally because of the balconies but only the Beach Club was available but now they have availability at the Yacht Club so am wondering whether to switch. Its a solo trip so there are no children or other half to disapoint if I do change.

Paula,

You can't make a bad decision. Either will be great. We prefer YC, and the balcony is a big part. But we love Beach Club too!

Have a great trip.

TeenaS,

Are you the lovely lady from Harrisburg? If so, I was with the crazy bunch of ladies on Monday 10/6. You helped me find a nice family to "adopt" our leftover water bottles. Just wanted to say what a great time we had the Beach Club and am looking forward to our Bounceback for 9/25/09.

That was me. We sure enjoyed you ladies!!! And guess what? You'll be there next year at the BC for my daughter's wedding. She's getting married at the YC Gazebo on 9/25, with the reception at Ariel's at the BC. Wish you were coming in on the 24th as all the women from the wedding are heading over to Jelly Rolls that night and we'd love for you to join us all!!

That was me. We sure enjoyed you ladies!!! And guess what? You'll be there next year at the BC for my daughter's wedding. She's getting married at the YC Gazebo on 9/25, with the reception at Ariel's at the BC. Wish you were coming in on the 24th as all the women from the wedding are heading over to Jelly Rolls that night and we'd love for you to join us all!!

That sounds wonderful for you daughter I can't imagine a nicer place to get married.

I am coming to WDW on 21st September. I wanted the Yacht Club originally because of the balconies but only the Beach Club was available but now they have availability at the Yacht Club so am wondering whether to switch. Its a solo trip so there are no children or other half to disapoint if I do change.

Paula - BC is wonderful; make a request for a full balcony (I know it is not guaranteed, but you can request :) )

Teena - How wonderful for your daughter!!! We saw a wedding in August - just beautiful. :cloud9:

Teena - what a lovely place for a wedding! We saw a few when we've stayed at YC and they certainly looked Magical.

DW and I stayed at BC from 9/28 - 10/02 We chose for the closeness to Epcot. This was our 2nd deluxe the first being WL. BC is nice and the renovations were going on on the first floor. We had a view of the Tidal pool and some of BW on the third floor. Our balcony was more of a portico, 3 feet by 1.5 feet. We liked the closeness to Epcot but the place was dead after the parks closed. Aside from hearing a jack hammer due to renovations the place was nice but not WL nice. Even though we liked the place we will not stay in the future. Will try BW if at DW for Food and Wine again.

Oh congratulations Teena! If we had been able to convince my husband's grandparents to go, we would have gotten married at the YC in a heartbeat, but instead we had to "settle" for a honeymoon at Disney ;) Hope you have a wonderful time!!!

As far as I know BCV starts renovations in November.

TeenaS...What is it that they will be doing to the BCV? Any word? It is definitely in a need of an update! Hopefully it will resemble BC with the new updated rooms, and tv's?

JCuel, interesting on the "deadness" of night issue. I thought with BW just a few minutes away one couldn't get bored. I wonder if the half-balcony was one of the reasons you didn't like the place. That's one of the reasons I chose the YC. WL is great, but I don't think I'd call that a very "happening" place after the parks closed (although we did enjoy the lobby area). That's one great thing about WDW though, many places to stay, each with their own quirk and idiosyncrasy which makes them unique.

TeenaS, congratulations on the upcoming addition of a son-in-law to the family. Hope to meet you on our trip the first week of December but since you only work Sunday and Monday in the lobby of the BC I have the feeling we will miss you.

Teena, we (especially my DD11) got a lot of help from a CM in the lobby on our check-in day (Tues, 9/23)--I think her name was Roberta. Does this sound right? If so, I need you to pass a message on to her for me!

Thought I'd bump this up and see if you can help me, Teena!

TeenaS...What is it that they will be doing to the BCV? Any word? It is definitely in a need of an update! Hopefully it will resemble BC with the new updated rooms, and tv's?

Sorry, I don't have much information for you. I asked that same question last week and I was told noone had seen a mock-up of the renovations yet. However, and this is only a guess on my part, I would think it would be very similar to what they did in the BC ... they call that a soft rehab. I'm guessing that because it looks like the same time frame as the BC as far as how long rooms are out, etc. I believe though that they already replaced the carpeting in the hallways recently and that was part of the renovations at the BC. I absolutely love the hallway carpets at the BC with Mickey and Ariel's friends!!

Thought I'd bump this up and see if you can help me, Teena!

We have a Roberto that's a curbside greeter (male). I can't think of a Roberta though. Was she one of the curbside greeters that walked you into the lobby and to the front desk? We have lots of them and unfortunately if they don't work on Sundays and Mondays, then I wouldn't probably know them unless they have been there a long time and we worked together when we were all front desk. Can you give me anything else to go on? The only other people in the lobby besides the lobby greeter (me and Art and Vic) and the curbside greeters are the managers. What was she wearing (then I can figure out what position she was)? Was she from another country or do you remember what state she was from (from her nametag)? Age? Once I figure out who she is, I'd be glad to get a message to her from you.

We had third floor rooms (3534 & 3532) this past weekend. The other ladies were a little disappointed over the "standing room only" balcony and wanted to change to different rooms with full balconies. I talked them out of it. Since we were only there for 4 days, I knew we wouldn't have much time to hang on the balcony. Our room was very close to the walkway to Epcot, which was the main destination (F&W fest) of our trip. Everyone agreed with me, that the balcony would have been lost on us.

We have a Roberto that's a curbside greeter (male). I can't think of a Roberta though. Was she one of the curbside greeters that walked you into the lobby and to the front desk? We have lots of them and unfortunately if they don't work on Sundays and Mondays, then I wouldn't probably know them unless they have been there a long time and we worked together when we were all front desk. Can you give me anything else to go on? The only other people in the lobby besides the lobby greeter (me and Art and Vic) and the curbside greeters are the managers. What was she wearing (then I can figure out what position she was)? Was she from another country or do you remember what state she was from (from her nametag)? Age? Once I figure out who she is, I'd be glad to get a message to her from you.

I wish I could remember more, but I can't. I actually didn't see her again after that day we checked in (she was there all evening--4 till about 10 or so). She may have been wearing a maroon dress :confused3 She was American...maybe she was a manager :confused3 She was really just hanging out in the lobby all evening and it looked like she was keeping an eye on things, troubleshooting, available for questions. I'm almost positive her name started with an "R."

Anyways, our second night at the BC, we came back to the room and found a white chocolate Minnie Mouse and some sugar cookies with fruit centers around it on a plate decorated with chocolate swirls around the edge. There was a card addressed to my girls (Sarah and Allison) that said "Have a magical trip" inside. We don't know who it came from. There was no name on the card. I'm thinking it either came from her or from someone in Room Service who felt sorry for my DD11, who has Asperger's (our first night, she called down to room service on her own, without permission, and ordered pizza and cookies for our family :scared1: I quickly called and cancelled the order before it was too late. The lady I spoke to on the phone was very nice and understanding, and said she was wondering about the order, since my DD had to ask them what kind of food they had :rotfl: ). My DD11 asked at the front desk (on her own, without my knowing) who had delivered it to our room and was told it was from Mickey and Minnie ;) I would love to know who arranged it and thank them for making our stay at the BC even more special!

Teena, or anyone else, if you can figure out our mystery, I would be very appreciative. I would just like to thank the person behind it! If I can't figure it out, I guess I'll just chalk it up to Disney *magic* and someone special behind it! pixiedust:

I wish I could remember more, but I can't. I actually didn't see her again after that day we checked in (she was there all evening--4 till about 10 or so). She may have been wearing a maroon dress :confused3 She was American...maybe she was a manager :confused3 She was really just hanging out in the lobby all evening and it looked like she was keeping an eye on things, troubleshooting, available for questions. I'm almost positive her name started with an "R."

Anyways, our second night at the BC, we came back to the room and found a white chocolate Minnie Mouse and some sugar cookies with fruit centers around it on a plate decorated with chocolate swirls around the edge. There was a card addressed to my girls (Sarah and Allison) that said "Have a magical trip" inside. We don't know who it came from. There was no name on the card. I'm thinking it either came from her or from someone in Room Service who felt sorry for my DD11, who has Asperger's (our first night, she called down to room service on her own, without permission, and ordered pizza and cookies for our family :scared1: I quickly called and cancelled the order before it was too late. The lady I spoke to on the phone was very nice and understanding, and said she was wondering about the order, since my DD had to ask them what kind of food they had :rotfl: ). My DD11 asked at the front desk (on her own, without my knowing) who had delivered it to our room and was told it was from Mickey and Minnie ;) I would love to know who arranged it and thank them for making our stay at the BC even more special!

Teena, or anyone else, if you can figure out our mystery, I would be very appreciative. I would just like to thank the person behind it! If I can't figure it out, I guess I'll just chalk it up to Disney *magic* and someone special behind it! pixiedust:

I think I know who it was ... I'll double check on Sunday. She's a manager. Then I'll send you a PM.

wvdislover, what a sweet story. WDW magic is amazing.:wizard:

Teena, congratulations to your daughter and happy planning!

The balconly wasn't an issue. Having stayed at WL we may have spent 30 minutes on the balcony during a 5 day trip. Reality is it is not a balcony. We went to BW which also seemed dead each night. I think with Pleasure Island closed adults without kids are limited for activities after the parks closed. The WL trip was with teenage nieces so more time was spent in the pool instead of looking for adult fun. Example no pleasure island that trip.

I think I know who it was ... I'll double check on Sunday. She's a manager. Then I'll send you a PM.

Hey Teena!!! I think I remembered! I think her name is Rosemary, maybe? :confused3 Does that sound right? I hate that I can't remember, when she made such a positive impact on my DD11. She decided that day that she could go to this CM for anything she needed. And she let her do that. Too sweet! Thanks for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter