The New 2008 Beach Club and Yacht Club FAQs thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pumpkinfish, Your post made me smile! We started out (over a year ago with reservations at AKL, then WL-CL, just changed to YC-CL. The new code is during our dates, and it made a stay at YC possible! :banana: :banana: :banana:

Just adjusted our dining reservations. NO more changes for me. I'm a very happy camper. Will look forward to being able to walk to F&W. Woohoo!:cool1:

I'm off to back read this thread.:dance3:

Well I guess great minds think alike! Our dining ressies are perfect right now too so NO MORE changes! lol (although I check the passholder site everyday for something I might like better ;) ). IPO has been wonderful with us too.
I'm most excited about being close to F&W. DH and I love this time of year at WDW. 3 weeks until our trip! When do you arrive lilyv? :)

I just booked Beach Club for August/September 2009. We just got back from our stay at the AKL. My DS saw the Epcot area resorts and we all agreed that this is where we want to stay next year. What are the biggest differences between the BC and the YC and how close are you to the Boardwalk?

The difference is themeing. Room sizes are identical, although almost every room at YC has a full patio or balcony whereas BC ones may have a full balcony or patio or a step out, no room to sit. YC is done in warm wood and nautical theming, quiet and subdued. BC (before renovation going on now) was a brighter more beachy theme and pallette, although the renovated rooms look great. BC is significantly more boisterous in the lobby area thanks to the character breakfast at CApe May. We prefer the YC, but are staying at the BC this trip because of a discout available there atmy time of booking. Both share a great pool and theconvenience of walking to EPCOT and HS or taking a leisurely boat.

ETA: Boardwalk is across the lake, a short walk.

Stepdisney...Were you able to get a bounceback so far out july,aug 09?

Wow, surprised..We were at BC mid August....LOVED IT!
GOT A MAGICAL UPGRADE TO CONCIERGE FROM STANDARD! NICE FOOD PRESENTATION!
FABULOUS VACA..LOVED STORMALONG BAY..SUCH A SHORT WALK TO EPCOT!
We don't have little ones now..our family consists of teenagers/young adults, but still loved Stormalong Bay!Boardwalk area is awesome!

Surprised, our bounceback you had to re-vacation by Nov,Dec 08 at the latest I thought..

If you don't mind me asking, what was the recent bounceback they were offering? Good for you, if you got a bounceback..maybe you got a free dining promo for last week August? We can never travel that week, but for those that can, kudos to you folks!

Will I like AK as much as BC???????????????HOPE SO! From what I've heard,
AK is AWESOME! Can you fill us in on some AK highlights?

Any gripes about AK transportation a non-issue for us..We rent cars..prefer to have the freedom of a car to jump into and go!

Would love to know about recent bouncebacks offered! Thanks as always!:dance3: :dance3: :dance3:

Are they doing Refurbishments at the Yacht Club as well?

Also, if you stay at the Yacht club can you participate in the movies and campfires they offer at Beach Club in the evenings? :confused:

Sorry, I don't know how to copy something from someone else post. The movies on the beach are activities scheduled for both theYacht and Beach Club resorts. On page 54 someone posted a picture.

Hope that helps!;)

Well that DOES help! Thank you so much!:flower3:

Where do you think I could follow the updates on the refurbs for the Yacht Club?

What is the difference between a Deluxe room vs. Standard room at the BC/YC?

The BC 2 queen bed / daybed deluxe rooms are oversized rooms and concierge / IPO service is included. These rooms are located by the quiet pool. There is one deluxe room on each floor 1 - 4 of the BC. The 2nd and 4th floor rooms have a great double sized balcony. I need to download my August pics to photo bucket (I took pics of the balconies of these rooms. So, these rooms are not on the concierge / 5th floor, but do include access to the lounge.

The setup of the YC Jr. suite is slightly different. I believe these 2 queen bed rooms have french doors seperating the bedroom from small seating area. Although, we have not stayed in one of these rooms, we have only stayed BC deluxe room in the past.

BC deluxe rooms to the left, they directly overlook the quiet pool and extend the whole side (from dormer over to double sized balcony:

IMG_1057-1.jpg

IMG_1060-1.jpg

Pic of deluxe room balconies, we stayed in the 4th floor room way back in 2005, just loved this balcony:

IMG_1058.jpg

Stepdisney...Were you able to get a bounceback so far out july,aug 09?

Wow, surprised..We were at BC mid August....LOVED IT!
GOT A MAGICAL UPGRADE TO CONCIERGE FROM STANDARD! NICE FOOD PRESENTATION!
FABULOUS VACA..LOVED STORMALONG BAY..SUCH A SHORT WALK TO EPCOT!
We don't have little ones now..our family consists of teenagers/young adults, but still loved Stormalong Bay!Boardwalk area is awesome!

Surprised, our bounceback you had to re-vacation by Nov,Dec 08 at the latest I thought..

If you don't mind me asking, what was the recent bounceback they were offering? Good for you, if you got a bounceback..maybe you got a free dining promo for last week August? We can never travel that week, but for those that can, kudos to you folks!

Will I like AK as much as BC???????????????HOPE SO! From what I've heard,
AK is AWESOME! Can you fill us in on some AK highlights?

Any gripes about AK transportation a non-issue for us..We rent cars..prefer to have the freedom of a car to jump into and go!

Would love to know about recent bouncebacks offered! Thanks as always!:dance3: :dance3: :dance3:

Yes, we did book a bounceback for Aug./Sept. It is for free dining. The dates are from Aug. 24 until October 8th (If I remember correctly). This is when we always travel so we booked it in advance. If I get a pin code, I am sure that it will be a better deal for us even with purchasing the dining plan. I loved AKL. If transportation is not a issue, you'll be over joyed. I love the theming at AKL more than any other resort. The hotel is like a museum of African artifacts and the lobby left me breathless. The pool is very nice and they host two of the most popular (deservedly so) restaurants on site. It rained on our Animal Kingdom to the point where we left the park but we went back to the lodge and viewed the animals. It is really amazing to wake up to a giraffe so close to your balcony that it seems you can reach out and touch.

Enough about AKL (I can't even believe I just said that considering it is my favorite resort). About the Beach Club....can you request a room on the 4th floor with a double balcony? Is it an upgraded room category? What rooms offer the best views? Can you see the fireworks from any of the rooms? Thanks for all of your help. :yay:

Anyone recently returned from BC? Wondering where the rehab is right now, what floor, etc.. :-)

Just back!! We were in 2621 and our room was rehabbed. I think they started at the top and are working downward. Didn't see any work being done, but could hear some during the middle of the day. Not sure where they were at.

Just back!! We were in 2621 and our room was rehabbed. I think they started at the top and are working downward. Didn't see any work being done, but could hear some during the middle of the day. Not sure where they were at.

I thought they were working down too but someone mentioned having an unrehabbed 4th floor room a week or so ago. That really threw me!

Thanks though! We are hoping for a rehabbed 2nd floor room ourselves.

When will the room refurbs on the Yacht Club begin?

Hi to all! Just switched a ressie for our Easter break- April 29-26th to the BC. We booked a deluxe CL room; have never stayed at the BC before. Can't wait- my kids are very excited about the pool area!

This was just posted by tjkraz on the DVC forums:

I was able to obtain a statement from a DVC rep on the pool closure. It WILL Be a phased closure running from January 5, 2009 until sometime in late March when the work is complete. The pool feature they are working on will be walled-off while the rest of the area remains open for guests. Here is the official info:

Beginning January 5, 2009, sections of the Stormalong Bay pool area will be refurbished. Since the work will be conducted in phases, unaffected sections of the main pool will remain open for your enjoyment. We expect all work to be completed by late March 2009. The first section, including the Flying Jib slide and pool area, is scheduled to be completed by mid-February. The Flying Jib slide will be unavailable during this section only. The second section, including the lazy river area, is scheduled to be competed by early March. The final section, including the Quiet Lagoon and Stormalong Bay kiddie pool, is scheduled to be refurbished by late March. As the work takes place during daytime hours, you will likely hear and see maintenance staff and equipment.

During the refurbishment period, Dunes Cove pool at Disney’s Beach Club Villas, Tidal pool at Disney’s Beach Club Resort, and Admiral pool at Disney’s Yacht Club Resort will be available and open for your full enjoyment. In addition, should you wish to have a slide as part of your pool experience, we are making the Luna Park Pool located at Disney’s BoardWalk Resort available for your enjoyment.

This happens every year ... we have to keep it nice and that means we have to do refurbishments but we do it during the "cool" season section by section so that the pool is never completely closed (except for the days it is too cold to open the pool).

Stormalong Bay doesn't get refurbished every single year does it? It figures the year for it would be the year I finally get to stay there. We'll miss out on the slide during our stay. I'm actually happy that's the section we'll miss. I wasn't crazy about DD having to go so far from the main pool area to get to the slide anyway. She'll be sorry to miss it though.

Stormalong Bay doesn't get refurbished every single year does it? It figures the year for it would be the year I finally get to stay there. We'll miss out on the slide during our stay. I'm actually happy that's the section we'll miss. I wasn't crazy about DD having to go so far from the main pool area to get to the slide anyway. She'll be sorry to miss it though.

I can't say 100% for sure but it seems to me that it's every year or at least almost every year - I've been working there five years and honestly I think it's been refurbished section by section every winter since I've been there --- I'm getting old though and my memory isn't what it was 20 years ago. People really don't seem to mind though because it's so big and they really are great about how fast each section gets done. And lots of time it's too cold (at least for me) to go in the pool anyway. It's such a wonderful pool and to keep it that way, it has to be maintained regularly. I would imagine with the sand and all, it takes a good beating and it would be harder than a normal pool to maintain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter