The New 2008 Beach Club and Yacht Club FAQs thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Refills at Hurricane Hannahs, Marketplace AND BEACHES AND CREAM??????

Too bad Beaches and Cream isn't a snack location!

Surprised at Beaches and Cream...That is a table service restaurant!
:goodvibes :goodvibes

Does anyone happen to have any links to threads about YC concierge (club level)? A trip report would be great! :) Or any type of review that is recent. The only threads I'm finding when I do a search are old. I'd love to talk to someone who has stayed there this year! :thumbsup2 Any help would be appreciated!!! THANKS!!!! :goodvibes

While our stay was not as recent as you're probably looking for, we did stay in the YC Club Level August 17-24, 2007. We had gotten a wonderful and unexpected upgrade :banana: at check-in. :goodvibes This was our 9th trip to either the YC/BC since 1994. The room was exactly the same as a regular standard YC room. Our balcony though was massive-at least double the size of our room!!! We were directly above the main entrance where the town cars/limos drop off and it was facing the parking log. The balcony was shared w/ 2 other rooms but the other guests were never out on the balcony :confused3 so it was always nice to sit out there in the evening.... we did discover on night 3 that you could see Wishes perfectly from the balcony :thumbsup2 I made it a point to be out there every evening thereafter to see the fireworks :goodvibes

The CL offerings were great-for breakfast they usually had an array of different continental offerings such as doughnuts, bagels, banana bread, fruit, cereal, juice, coffee, etc. My younger DD is a chocolate milk junkie and we never saw any out.... by the 4th day I happened to ask one of the CL lounge attendants if they had any-she said of course and returned with 2 bottles of the Nesquick chocolate milk-one for each of our DD's :) :) From that point on we knew to just ask and they always had them :)

Snacks in the afternoon usually consisted of nuts, goldfish, cookies, pb & j uncrustables, gummy worms, lemonade, Evian, soda

At 5 they opened the lounge again with different appetizer offerings. The night we went, they had a very yummy soup, hummus and pita bread, pb & J uncrustables, steak skewers, veggies and dip, a few desserts, etc....

Later on in the evening they brought out the better desserts :love: but we were rarely there to indulge before they were gone.... those always went quickly :rotfl: There was also wine/alcohol available all evening as well until the lounge closed around 10"ish"?

We did use the CM's to arrange a change in our ADR's and that was very convenient as opposed to being on the phone forever when they have the screen in front of them and can easily see what's available.

My DD lost her glasses on day one of our stay while riding EE :sad2: and I checked with the CM's in CL to see if they could contact lost and found (all lost/found stuff is sent to one central location at the end of the day). We couldn't track them down, but they offered to call us a taxi to an optical location to replace them (we didn't bother as she only had them a month and wasn't blind without them :rotfl: We replaced them the day we got home)

I was quite astonished though at the number of VERY DEMANDING guests that took up much of the CL CM's time :eek: :rolleyes1 I would literally wait sometimes close to 45 min (to get boarding passes for SWA) in the sidelines to ask a question as both CM's were occupied with guests asking the impossible of them (ie. one was just checking in and wanted dinner reservations in "that Canadian steakhouse restaurant" that evening and breakfast for the next morning at CRT..... CM kept explaining they were full and the woman ranted on and on about how on earth is she supposed to break it to her DD that she can't eat with Cinderella on their vacation!!!!!???) The other guest was furious that his room would not be ready until 3pm! What on earth was he going to do for 2 hours? He had the CM frantically looking for another room so that he could get in one NOW.... :scared1: This was an almost daily occurence as we had to walk by the desks to get on the elevator-heard lots of that kind of stuff :scared: I always felt so badly for the CM's :sad2: and amazingly enough, they were still always so chipper :thumbsup2 and upbeat.

All in all-loved the CL @ the YC :) Ours was quite a magical stay! :) Enjoy your trip!

I was told that all rooms have a balcony or patio. Our balcony was really big too. There was room to push the chairs away from the rail so we couldn't be seen:goodvibes
Our room overlooked the entrance on the lake side and it was great. We watched the birds and squirrels get food. The birds were actually landing on our balcony looking for food. Little birds....not the killer birds from the parks:rotfl:

Thank you ANG38 and thanks HOCKEY MOM R for clarifying this. I think I am reading this thread too much and am on information overload!:rolleyes:

I leave in less than a month and I really want a balcony!:)

A friend told me that there is a Blizzard Beach Bus directly from the BC/YC.....How frequent?

Also, the TL bus first stops at Downtown Disney, correct????

Does the Blizzard Beach bus make several stops from the YC/BC or does it go directly to BB?

Many thx as always! :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes

While our stay was not as recent as you're probably looking for, we did stay in the YC Club Level August 17-24, 2007. We had gotten a wonderful and unexpected upgrade :banana: at check-in. :goodvibes This was our 9th trip to either the YC/BC since 1994. The room was exactly the same as a regular standard YC room. Our balcony though was massive-at least double the size of our room!!! We were directly above the main entrance where the town cars/limos drop off and it was facing the parking log. The balcony was shared w/ 2 other rooms but the other guests were never out on the balcony :confused3 so it was always nice to sit out there in the evening.... we did discover on night 3 that you could see Wishes perfectly from the balcony :thumbsup2 I made it a point to be out there every evening thereafter to see the fireworks :goodvibes

The CL offerings were great-for breakfast they usually had an array of different continental offerings such as doughnuts, bagels, banana bread, fruit, cereal, juice, coffee, etc. My younger DD is a chocolate milk junkie and we never saw any out.... by the 4th day I happened to ask one of the CL lounge attendants if they had any-she said of course and returned with 2 bottles of the Nesquick chocolate milk-one for each of our DD's :) :) From that point on we knew to just ask and they always had them :)

Snacks in the afternoon usually consisted of nuts, goldfish, cookies, pb & j uncrustables, gummy worms, lemonade, Evian, soda

At 5 they opened the lounge again with different appetizer offerings. The night we went, they had a very yummy soup, hummus and pita bread, pb & J uncrustables, steak skewers, veggies and dip, a few desserts, etc....

Later on in the evening they brought out the better desserts :love: but we were rarely there to indulge before they were gone.... those always went quickly :rotfl: There was also wine/alcohol available all evening as well until the lounge closed around 10"ish"?

We did use the CM's to arrange a change in our ADR's and that was very convenient as opposed to being on the phone forever when they have the screen in front of them and can easily see what's available.

My DD lost her glasses on day one of our stay while riding EE :sad2: and I checked with the CM's in CL to see if they could contact lost and found (all lost/found stuff is sent to one central location at the end of the day). We couldn't track them down, but they offered to call us a taxi to an optical location to replace them (we didn't bother as she only had them a month and wasn't blind without them :rotfl: We replaced them the day we got home)

I was quite astonished though at the number of VERY DEMANDING guests that took up much of the CL CM's time :eek: :rolleyes1 I would literally wait sometimes close to 45 min (to get boarding passes for SWA) in the sidelines to ask a question as both CM's were occupied with guests asking the impossible of them (ie. one was just checking in and wanted dinner reservations in "that Canadian steakhouse restaurant" that evening and breakfast for the next morning at CRT..... CM kept explaining they were full and the woman ranted on and on about how on earth is she supposed to break it to her DD that she can't eat with Cinderella on their vacation!!!!!???) The other guest was furious that his room would not be ready until 3pm! What on earth was he going to do for 2 hours? He had the CM frantically looking for another room so that he could get in one NOW.... :scared1: This was an almost daily occurence as we had to walk by the desks to get on the elevator-heard lots of that kind of stuff :scared: I always felt so badly for the CM's :sad2: and amazingly enough, they were still always so chipper :thumbsup2 and upbeat.

All in all-loved the CL @ the YC :) Ours was quite a magical stay! :) Enjoy your trip!

Thank you so much for that awesome report! :) I really appreciate all your comments... we have been second guessing our decision and tempted to switch to BWI or WL (they are both available for our dates) but I think we'll keep the YC. This is such an important trip to us (our 10th anniversary) and I just want everything to be perfect. DH and I don't get away from the kids very often (probably once a year, or less) so we need a break without any stress or problems. Thanks again!!!! :goodvibes

Refills at Hurricane Hannahs, Marketplace AND BEACHES AND CREAM??????

Too bad Beaches and Cream isn't a snack location!

Surprised at Beaches and Cream...That is a table service restaurant!
:goodvibes :goodvibes

Beaches and Cream has two entrances. One takes you into the "dining room" for table service ... the other door takes you into a pick-up line for take-out orders and mug refills. They have GREAT take out!!!! YUMMM!!!! :cloud9:

so excited now about our trip to the BC CL. I tend to be a pretty laid back guest but I know a lot of people can be very demanding and it always bothers me

Looking at the aerial view from Google maps, SAB seems to be quite a long walk from the Villas. Can anyone attest to how far everything is from the Villas?

It's not too bad. You'll walk outside for a bit, come in the side entrance of the BC near the Marketplace, walk through the lobby, down the hall past Cape May, past the bar, and then out the double doors. It's probably no different time wise than people walking from the far end of BC. (that's where we were, last hallway on the Epcot side)

A friend told me that there is a Blizzard Beach Bus directly from the BC/YC.....How frequent?

Also, the TL bus first stops at Downtown Disney, correct????

Does the Blizzard Beach bus make several stops from the YC/BC or does it go directly to BB?

Many thx as always! :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes

Yes, Bus goes directly to BB. This same bus will continue on to AK. So, you wil look for AK / BB bus. Timing just depends. Longest time between busses is probably about 20 minutes at most.

Yes the TL bus shares w/ DTD.

Hope that answers your questions!

It's not too bad. You'll walk outside for a bit, come in the side entrance of the BC near the Marketplace, walk through the lobby, down the hall past Cape May, past the bar, and then out the double doors. It's probably no different time wise than people walking from the far end of BC. (that's where we were, last hallway on the Epcot side)

It's also possible to get to SAB without walking through the lobby proper. There's a door just past the main set of BC elevators near the restrooms. Exit there and walk down the entry sidewalk and around to the entrance. It doesn't seem any longer to me and that way you can avoid walking through the lobby if it matter to you.

I agree that the villas are on average no further from SAB than BC rooms. Both fan out from the BC lobby.

I thought the AK/BB bus stopped at all the Epcot resorts first, BB then AK. Then in reverse for heading back to your Epcot Resort. No?

I thought the AK/BB bus stopped at all the Epcot resorts first, BB then AK. Then in reverse for heading back to your Epcot Resort. No?

I really think it depends, maybe on the time of year and crowds? We have not been on a YC / BC bus in several years that has stopped at BWI before heading to the parks. I think the last time was 2004. In the past couple of trips, it has been YC > BC > destination. Now on the way back to the resort we have recently been on the bus that stops at Swan > Dolphin > YC > BC.

In December, we were always the first to be picked up at the BC and the last to be dropped off. :rolleyes:

It was Beach Club, Yacht Club, Swan, Dolphin, Boardwalk.

Returning it was Swan, Dolphin, Boardwalk, Yacht Club, Beach Club.

I really did not care for the transportation at the Becach Club. :(

First :welcome: to hroyal!!

IKWYM about the bus transportation! The last time we shared buses with BWI, Swalphin was in Sept 06. Since then it has only been BC and YC. I don't know what their mentality is on sharing 5 deluxe resorts on 1 bus. People are paying too much money for that!

Hi
I am staying at the Yacht Club in late Nov/early Dec( two room already paid for) & I know the Yacht Club is in rehab. I was told only the suites are done now. But I am leary of changing anything as I want to see what others thought of the room etc. Anyone can share their views or pictures I would appreciate it. Can't reseach it until I get back from taking my car in. grrrr Thanks !

In December, we were always the first to be picked up at the BC and the last to be dropped off. :rolleyes:

It was Beach Club, Yacht Club, Swan, Dolphin, Boardwalk.

Returning it was Swan, Dolphin, Boardwalk, Yacht Club, Beach Club.

I really did not care for the transportation at the Becach Club. :(

I agree. It's really my only complaint with the Epcot Resorts.

When it comes to busing it all depends on the time of year. We just got back & went mid-June.

- Returning to the resorts, (MK & AK) - YC (1st) & BC (2nd)
- Going to the parks, (MK & AK) - YC (1st), BC (2nd) & BW (3rd)

The buses could be hit or miss at every resort. The one thing I like when we went to catch the bus in the morning from the YC (both EMH morning and regular hours), there was a CM at the bus stop with park maps.

:cool2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter