The Neverland Club at the Polynesian with pictures

jkstewart1800

DIS Veteran
WaltDisneyWorld120.jpg

We just got back (in August) from WDW where my two boys ages 3 and 7 spent two 'nights' at The Neverland Club. We had never used this (or any of the kid clubs on property) so we were pretty excited/nervous to see what it was all about. Long story short... the place was AMAZING and I give it high marks.

WaltDisneyWorld121.jpg

Even though the club is located at the 'front' of the resort, it can sometimes be hard to find. The monorail runs right by it, the bus stop is about 100 feet away from it and it is only a short walk from the Great Ceremonial House of the Poly.

WaltDisneyWorld135.jpg

Upon entering, you enter Wendy's "house" and her rules. They recently changed the age restrictions from 4 down to 3, but the child must be toliet trained and able to go by themselves or able to go tell one of the workers to take them. If for some reason your child has an accident, the club does (and did for our little guy) provide new undies and shorts (at no charge) that you can keep. Hours are from 4-midnight with a two hour minimum. The cost is 11.50 per hour per child. Dinner is included and parents can choose from a menu upon checking in. (as far as I could tell, the food comes from the Poly's quick service location Captain Cooks). Dinner is served anywhere from 6-8 depending on when your child arrives.

It is best and encouraged to make reservations ahead of time. Credit card is required and there is a 24hr cancellation policy. However I did see people just show up and drop off their kids without a ressie.

WaltDisneyWorld122.jpg

When you enter you are effectively in Wendy's bedroom and the bed is the check in desk. The staff was quick and efficient and cheerful. There is a form to fill out, with names and phone numbers (you can ask for a pager if you don't have a cell phone number to leave with them). They hand you a 'receipt' back that you MUST have when you return to pick up your child.

No grown ups are allowed past Wendy's room during operating hours. I arrived during the open house and was given a tour and allowed to take pictures then.

Once the children are checked in, they climb through the window... and they are off!
WaltDisneyWorld124.jpg

The window leads down into the arts and craft area which is decorated to look like London.
WaltDisneyWorld125.jpg

WaltDisneyWorld126.jpg

at the other end of the London area is the 'Indian Camp' which has games and building blocks etc.

WaltDisneyWorld131.jpg

On the other side of the club is the dress up area and some other toy shelves. I want to mention how CLEAN and FRESH everything looked while we were there. None of the toys looked old or crusty or sticky. All the costumes were in great shape too!

WaltDisneyWorld134.jpg

WaltDisneyWorld132.jpg

WaltDisneyWorld133.jpg

The HUGE pirate ship holds bean bags and video games for all ages.
WaltDisneyWorld127.jpg

WaltDisneyWorld130.jpg

After the kids have played for awhile and dinner arrives everyone can sit down and watch a movie before the night is through.
WaltDisneyWorld129.jpg

I can't say enough good things about this place. Both times we went the ladies who worked with the kids were just lovely. My 7 year old LOVED it and my 3 year old (who was hesitant at first) went running up to the big window the second time around.

The kids are sent home with some treats (signed pictures of some of the Characters (stock photos) and (while we were there) Mickey straws. Plus any art work that they made during their stay goes home with them too.

The total for our two boys for 4 1/2 hours was about 90$ - way more than our in room sitter cost... but I think it was well worth the price... They both had so much fun!

Thanks for the pictures. My DD loves Peter Pan so she might enjoy an evening in Neverland.

Thank you so much for the photos! My boys will be 4 and 7 when they go in November, so it's great to hear such a positive review form a family with such similar ages. I wish I could stay, but the Cali Grill will be calling us!

That looks great! I'm always so hesitant about leaving the kids anywhere, but it looks like they would have a blast!

How secure is it? You mention it is near the monorail and bus stop. How do they make sure the kids don't sneak out? I have a little boy who runs away and has a habit of darting out in front of cars.

That looks great! I'm always so hesitant about leaving the kids anywhere, but it looks like they would have a blast!

How secure is it? You mention it is near the monorail and bus stop. How do they make sure the kids don't sneak out? I have a little boy who runs away and has a habit of darting out in front of cars.

I'd say very secure. As the PP mentioned there is a check in area and Wendy's Window and a door leading from the play center to check in. Only the person that checks the child in can check the child out and that person must have a driver's license (or other photo ID). Even for parents, so if mom checks in mom has to check out.

Mine will be 11 and 8 when they go there on our upcoming trip. This will be their 3rd time. The 11yo is less than thrilled as she feels she is too old. She'll be fine, especially if the Wii is working (it wasn't last time) The 8 year old boy can't wait. I feel the cost is more than worth it. I feel very secure with them there.

We will be dining at Citrico's and hanging around to watch the fireworks which is why we stuck with the Neverland Club so that everything is on the monorail for us.

The staff has always been great.

There are two doors that you little one would have to get through before he was even out of the buidling and even then he would have about 1/2 a football field before he even made it to the bus stop - but he would never make it that far since there are alarms on the outside doors!

My DD will be turning 4 in a few months - she's potty trained and I'm confident she'd be well-bahvaed and love the neverland club experience.

Do they do a full DNA blood test analysis and run a notarized birth certificate past the FBI to verify age?

Or do they just ask about her age?

Will they ask to see a park ticket?

My DD will be turning 4 in a few months - she's potty trained and I'm confident she'd be well-bahvaed and love the neverland club experience.

Do they do a full DNA blood test analysis and run a notarized birth certificate past the FBI to verify age?

They would probably just ask you and possibly ask your DD how old she is. I imagine that they have the age limit set at 4 more so for staffing requirements as opposed to as a guide for potty trained children and behavior. The state has a certain amount of teachers/adults required per child at various age groups. One adult to fifteen children for 3 yrs. old & one adult to twenty children for ages four to five.

OP. thank you so much for a fabulous post. I have been looking at different clubs but I think you may have sold me on this one.

They changed the minimum age to attend the kids' clubs from 4 to 3 in fall of 2010. Your almost 4 year old is welcome to go to the Neverland Club.

OP! Thank you thank you thank you SO MUCH for these pictures!!! :thanks:

When I was a child my parents would regularly set us up in these kids' clubs (I vividly remember this, the Cub's Den at WL and the Sandcastle Club at Y&B) and this one was the best by far!

My favorite character and movie have always been Peter Pan and so when I was brought into Wendy's bedroom for the first time and was told I got to spend the night there I was ecstatic!

I'm glad to see that not much has changed either! As far as the set up and decorations anyway. The toys and costumes are new, I don't remember them having costumes when I went, and the pirate ship used to have arcade games instead of flat screen tv's with Wii and Playstation games (I definitely would have preferred these!). I also remember little teepees that we could do arts and crafts in too.

And our food was always buffet style, which we'd usually eat with a movie (we'd sit on the steps of the mini-amphitheater that's in your last picture) or just before or after a visit from a CM who worked at Discovery Island and would bring birds and/or other small animals to show us.

This is legitimately one of my favorite places (to this day) in WDW and I can't wait for the day that my DH and I get to watch our future DKids climb those stairs to explore NeverLand. Except part of me will definitely want to go with them! :cloud9:

Thanks for posting this info and thanks for the bump! My DS, who is 3 is signed up to go in May. DH & I are excited for a date, but I'm a little hesitant to leave my DS. He hasn't started preschool yet and I'm a sahm, so he's never been in daycare or anything like that. It will be interesting to see how he reacts being left with strangers, I'm hoping the staff will notice if he's shy or sad or whatever and get him playing. Looks like a fun place!

My son (who turns 9 tomorrow) remembers going to the Neverland Club when he was 4.5 years old. We are going back for the first time since then in the fall and that is on his to-do list! He loved climbing through that window!

He wasn't sure he wanted to do it at first, but when we went to pick him up, he didn't want to leave!

I have reservations for our boys (they will be 9 and 5) this fall while DH and I celebrate our 10th anniversary dinner at Spirit of Aloha (having honeymooned in Tahiti). I'm so excited for them and wish *I* could go in and play with them! Being a early childhood educator myself, I wish I could even work there, it looks so fun!

Thanks for posting this info and thanks for the bump! My DS, who is 3 is signed up to go in May. DH & I are excited for a date, but I'm a little hesitant to leave my DS. He hasn't started preschool yet and I'm a sahm, so he's never been in daycare or anything like that. It will be interesting to see how he reacts being left with strangers, I'm hoping the staff will notice if he's shy or sad or whatever and get him playing. Looks like a fun place!

I am curious to see how your little one did. I decided yesterday to go ahead and book an evening for my DD there after our Spirit of Aloha dinner show at 5:15 our second night there. I've heard great things about the club, but my DD is turnnig 5 soon, in Pre-K and can be very much attached to mommy/ weary of strangers (a stage, I guess). We leave for Disney in 3 days and I'm designing an invitation from Tink for her to go to Neverland to make it more magical/ appealing to her. I'm hoping with no siblings or other people she knows there, she does well...if not, we will just have to give up our adult time planned that evening and go get her. I'm certainly not going to have her unhappy or scared.
Thanks for any feedback!

My son (who turns 9 tomorrow) remembers going to the Neverland Club when he was 4.5 years old. We are going back for the first time since then in the fall and that is on his to-do list! He loved climbing through that window!

He wasn't sure he wanted to do it at first, but when we went to pick him up, he didn't want to leave!

The Neverland Club will be open for the last time in December and close in January. It will reopen April 1 as a new theme.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter